Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new type of Wizard; the astral hybrid.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
When the Sun, Moon, and Star Schools came out, at least I felt like there would be Wizards of that school. As we know, there aren't, save for some creatures. But I was thinking, what if my wizard became part Ice, and Part Moon, Sun or Star? My Character would gain a prefix, Lunar, Solar, or Stellar, for Moon, Sun, or Star. I.e "Lunar- Thaumaturge" We would get the School's spells for free, and we could get level up exclusive spells, similar to the normal 48-88 spell quests for each school. We would get high ranked damage spells, as well as new support spells in-between. I was thinking Sun would be the most offensive, and have spells that speed up combat. A spell I thought up would be Sunburn, which is a global spell that deals 100 Sun damage to everyone each turn. Moon, could be more defensive, and grant supportive spells. I was thinking of maybe a spell called full moon, which is rank 4 and heals 800 health, or a global spell that disables all critical. Star would be in-between, granting versatile effects, and would most likely provide lots of wards and charms. The Schools would provide standard Traps, Blades, and Shields against each other.

Now, when you gain one of the astral Schools, you can't aquire another. Once aquired, you loose your trained spells and regain all of your training points. Now, I bet you were thinking being a hybrid only has positives; it has one negative to make you reconsider becoming one: Hybrids have a harder time learning spells than normal. Basically, now it will require twice as many training points to learn a spell. I.e, my Ice would need two training points instead of one to learn sleet storm if he became a Lunar-Thaumaturge Hybrid. Regardless if you choose to hybridize or not, I think everyone is entitled to be able to shield against them, so we could get a spell like"Astral Shield" Which grants -50% to next Moon, Sun, and Star; most likely from a related quest.

As a whole, I think this idea would make things a little more interesting: there are only 7 schools , and they are incredibly predictable after you've faced them a couple times. There are 21 Hybrids possible, making 28 different possibilities, therefore making things much less predictable and adding more uniqueness to an individual. It will re-teach people to expect the unexpected; The unexpected makes things more lively in a duel, so it would be less boring for most. The new attack spells would actually make new creatures of the school viable, and could give players easier offensive options and/or useful moves to accompany their normal School.
It's a kinda big idea, and it's a general fact most people don't like change, but still, we've only touched the surface of the astrals, and there really should be much more to them!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
97eml1 on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
When the Sun, Moon, and Star Schools came out, at least I felt like there would be Wizards of that school. As we know, there aren't, save for some creatures. But I was thinking, what if my wizard became part Ice, and Part Moon, Sun or Star? My Character would gain a prefix, Lunar, Solar, or Stellar, for Moon, Sun, or Star. I.e "Lunar- Thaumaturge" We would get the School's spells for free, and we could get level up exclusive spells, similar to the normal 48-88 spell quests for each school. We would get high ranked damage spells, as well as new support spells in-between. I was thinking Sun would be the most offensive, and have spells that speed up combat. A spell I thought up would be Sunburn, which is a global spell that deals 100 Sun damage to everyone each turn. Moon, could be more defensive, and grant supportive spells. I was thinking of maybe a spell called full moon, which is rank 4 and heals 800 health, or a global spell that disables all critical. Star would be in-between, granting versatile effects, and would most likely provide lots of wards and charms. The Schools would provide standard Traps, Blades, and Shields against each other.

Now, when you gain one of the astral Schools, you can't aquire another. Once aquired, you loose your trained spells and regain all of your training points. Now, I bet you were thinking being a hybrid only has positives; it has one negative to make you reconsider becoming one: Hybrids have a harder time learning spells than normal. Basically, now it will require twice as many training points to learn a spell. I.e, my Ice would need two training points instead of one to learn sleet storm if he became a Lunar-Thaumaturge Hybrid. Regardless if you choose to hybridize or not, I think everyone is entitled to be able to shield against them, so we could get a spell like"Astral Shield" Which grants -50% to next Moon, Sun, and Star; most likely from a related quest.

As a whole, I think this idea would make things a little more interesting: there are only 7 schools , and they are incredibly predictable after you've faced them a couple times. There are 21 Hybrids possible, making 28 different possibilities, therefore making things much less predictable and adding more uniqueness to an individual. It will re-teach people to expect the unexpected; The unexpected makes things more lively in a duel, so it would be less boring for most. The new attack spells would actually make new creatures of the school viable, and could give players easier offensive options and/or useful moves to accompany their normal School.
It's a kinda big idea, and it's a general fact most people don't like change, but still, we've only touched the surface of the astrals, and there really should be much more to them!
Nope not going with this idea unless Reason #1 You want to have wizard101 crash because so much players

#2 PVP arena is gonna be crowded.

#3 Wizards will be overpowered!

#4 Uh hello? I can Use countless reason to not let KI do this thing

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I really like the idea. More diversity means more reasons to play. Also they could think about increasing he number of wizards we are allowed to make.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
minecraftcutiegirl... on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Nope not going with this idea unless Reason #1 You want to have wizard101 crash because so much players

#2 PVP arena is gonna be crowded.

#3 Wizards will be overpowered!

#4 Uh hello? I can Use countless reason to not let KI do this thing
#1 There are no increase in players; it's just essentially new spells.

#2 Go to #1

#3 If the new Spells aren't more powerful than one another, then, logically, it won't disrupt the balance, even if they can use power pips with them.

#4 What's that supposed to mean? Don't say you can do something. By said logic I can use countless reasons for KI to use it.