Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worried about my new plant!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
So I have a nice garden, with a few pink and regular dandelions and some stinkweed elsewhere, so I decided to get a new plant. Since I'm a lever 4 gardener, I got a level 4 plant, Purple Grapes of Wrath. I thought I could just use gusty winds on the dandelions along with the new plant, but upon reading some other topics, I found out there were stronger pests than lightning bugs. I went to Charley, who I previously thought was the Krokotopia version of Farley, and saw some rank three pest removal spells. I pieced together that my dandelions were level one plants and they got rank 1 pests, my stinkweed were level two plants and they got rank 2 pests, so I'm thinking that since my Purple Grapes of Wrath is a level 4 plant, does it get rank 4 pests? Or just rank 3 pests? And if it does get rank 4 pests, would I be able to get a spell in Marleybone to protect against them, and where in Marleybone if so?

I can't believe I didn't think this through, and I'm worried I spent all my gold on something that I wouldn't be able to help.

Matthew Ironblood, level 30 Theurgist

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Stop worrying.
The level of a plant doesn't match the rank of their pests
I have a level 7 plant, and they only get up to rank 4 pests.
Plus, I doubt that a level 4 gardener will be in Moosho, which is where you can get the rank 4 pest spell.