Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Introducing Events

AuthorMessage
Administrator
A study group found a book that was supposed to be shelved in the restricted section of the library, and when they opened it up, they were possessed by its strong, dark magic. This magic was so powerful, so far reaching, that it touched six of our worlds, and found affinity with not only the students, but other creatures in the Spiral, binding them all to this magic’s will.

All Wizards who have completed "Unicorn's Folly" quest in Unicorn Way, come see me in the Wizard City Library at once, for I need you to investigate further!

Rewards for participating in the Lost Pages Events will scale to your level and the level of the creatures you are facing. A level 90 Wizard in Unicorn Way isn't going to get high level rewards, so seek out appropriate challenges for your level.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 27, 2009
When I visit him on any of my wizards who are a variety of different levels, he doesn't have a quest.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Difficult to find who to talk to after him. So far I found one that takes me to Triton Avenue. IDK if my level 90 characters can handle the intense battles there!!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Pirates o the Spir... on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
When I visit him on any of my wizards who are a variety of different levels, he doesn't have a quest.
I had the same problem. Tried different wizards on two accounts. Harold says to talk to Boris, then return to him. When I returned, no quest. He just talked and then it ended.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Pirates o the Spir... on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
I still don't get any quest from Harold for "The Carpe Diem Society". I tried another wizard. I talked to Harold, then to Boris, then went back to Harold. He says to start looking in The Commons, then Mooshu, etc. But it ends at that point. I don't get a quest in my Quest Log File.

I did find a History Book on the upper level of The Library in Wizard City, and I can walk up to it, and press "x" and I hear The History of The Universe. But nothing happens because I don't have any quest for it.

I did submit bug reports on both accounts where this happened.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Make sure you finished all quests on Unicorn Way. There is a quest offered by the old woman there that some people may have missed. For a while, you didn't get her quest until you finished the main quest line on UW. I think that might have been true of the other side quest although you can see him when you're leaving. So it's possible some people missed the side quests. If you opted not to do side quests, go back and do those. If you completed everything and it still doesn't work, please submit a bug report.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
OK, so the bosses in the event part of the test realm...

They have resist to every school(except for the celestia boosts)
They have damage to their attacks.
They can even satyr
And!!!
They don't use random spell choices, instead they use their spells depending on what the target uses the round before.

We are seeing the future of Wizard101 already!!!

It may get better, who knows?

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Ok, through some trial and error, I was able to find the NPC's you need to speak to AFTER the librarian. However, I will not post the list here, because it would be a spoiler. I will help Wizard101 Central make the wiki for it though.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
girlyfiedgirl on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Make sure you finished all quests on Unicorn Way. There is a quest offered by the old woman there that some people may have missed. For a while, you didn't get her quest until you finished the main quest line on UW. I think that might have been true of the other side quest although you can see him when you're leaving. So it's possible some people missed the side quests. If you opted not to do side quests, go back and do those. If you completed everything and it still doesn't work, please submit a bug report.
Thank you, but that wasn't my problem. I was able to start the quest with Harold in The Library, but at the end Harold tells you something like "start checking in The Commons, etc.". And I couldn't find anything in The Commons.

From one of the fansites, I learned that after you talk to Harold, you must go talk to Simeon in Ravenwood. He gives you the next part of the quest. I found it confusing because Harold tells you to start checking in The Commons, but Simeon is in Ravenwood. Harold should tell you to start checking in Ravenwood.

And I did get a reply on Facebook from Wizard101. They said that "we noticed that issue too - we'll update it once we re-record the voice over!"

I did get the next part of the quest from Simeon. Thanks again.

Administrator
Please note there is a known issue involving Harold Argleston directing you to Simeon in the Commons, when we all know that Simeon is really in Ravenwood. Please look for him near the entrance to the boys dormitory.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
so i beat all 6 quest for the lost pages event and i was just wondering if theres anything after that. like does someone else give you a quest of some sort with a real reward at the end? just wondering because its kinda hard to believe that there is no speacial dungeon or anything after returning all six pages.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
Please note there is a known issue involving Harold Argleston directing you to Simeon in the Commons, when we all know that Simeon is really in Ravenwood. Please look for him near the entrance to the boys dormitory.
or just port to your dorm.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Ok, this boss seems not to be tough for lvl 90's but for lvl 40-50, yes it is. This boss has over three thousand health and that is pretty good for a boss in Mooshu. What makes me dislike bout it even if you're wearing Jade Gear is that the boss can kill you with Deer Knight. Uh that spell should only be in Avalon and beyond where we have loads of resist not in MOOSHU! Now take that spell off and then we should be able to solo the boss for people at 40-50 lvl.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Maybe the lost pages event will connect to Morganthe in the next world somehow! Maybe Boris Tallstaff is truly her ally... And the carpe diem were working to ruin morganthe's plans... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Seems this quest will be geared more toward those that play the game well and like a challenge.

I only hope this doesn't do any sort of reminder so that none of my family members get stuck with it.

If so there needs to be a way to remove optional quests from your book. Once they take these things it seems their arrow resets after handing in and taking regular quests and points to these optional ones they probably will never get done.

Example: Took "by accident" last instance in Wintertusk - now every time he hands in and gets new main quest line quest in Floating Land the arrow points him back to Wintertusk. He automatically claims he doesn't have the quest we are working on and follows the arrow for a while before he sees what happened. I guess we can only hope the work on the quest arrow fixes this.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
So there's a parody for The Carpe Diem Society, The Dead Poet Society. So this is what happens. 6 boys or in this case wizards one day in class, their teacher says Carpe Diem, seize the moment. They do it and get in trouble. One of them in this case is that they open the Lost Pages. A ancient tome that you have to free the students from. Was this what Morganthe wanted to get to first so she could use it against you? We do not know unless if the next world, Frostzort, coming out in in June says so. So is this the parody you were using cause I think I'm the first to know other than you guys KI. Now if you could, please hand me 60,000 crowns as I was the first to find out. I also spent a few thousand dollars on this game so I want my crowns.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Maybe the lost pages event will connect to Morganthe in the next world somehow! Maybe Boris Tallstaff is truly her ally... And the carpe diem were working to ruin morganthe's plans... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
o. o

Didnt see that coming.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Brennan123547 on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
OK, so the bosses in the event part of the test realm...

They have resist to every school(except for the celestia boosts)
They have damage to their attacks.
They can even satyr
And!!!
They don't use random spell choices, instead they use their spells depending on what the target uses the round before.

We are seeing the future of Wizard101 already!!!

It may get better, who knows?
Having fought 4 of the bosses myself, so far I've only seen the ice boss have universal resist (heck, the life boss didn't even have resistance to his own school, which is very strange if you ask me). I like how the story is with these quests and aside from the occasional lack of spellwrit enemies in various places along with having to defeat 10 of each to progress, it's pretty interesting to say the least; nice job KI.

Community Leader
gweedoboy on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
so i beat all 6 quest for the lost pages event and i was just wondering if theres anything after that. like does someone else give you a quest of some sort with a real reward at the end? just wondering because its kinda hard to believe that there is no speacial dungeon or anything after returning all six pages.
I love the idea of events, and how it was done, but I LOVE this idea. I had high hopes that after recovering all the pages we might get a gauntlet to fight the person who had originally enchanted the book or something. I like it the way it is, but I'd LOVE it if there were a final chear boss fight (or small dungeon) to wrap it up a little.

I do worry about mixing the spellwrit enemies in with the regular ones. They're quite high health for their level and let's face it, the Azteca enemies in particular are quite brutal enough as it is without mixing in high-health mobs, lol. The people actually on those quests are going to have to deal with a lot, and given how difficult those fights can be to begin with, I worry it may frustrate them. Could I suggest that for the Azteca quest in particular, the Spellwrit mobs should instead be mixed in with the Goliath Maulers a bit further down near the wings of the obsidian butterfly shrine? Since those mobs aren't involved in a "defeat X mobs" mainline quest and are only needed for an optional side quest, it would be a lot less intrusive to have the spellwrit mobs in with those guys rather than the (already frustating of their own accord) wing tooths.

For gameplay tips, check the official Mercenaries101 fansite! To request free, experienced help with bosses & dungeons, click here for our forum.
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Katherine Light on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
I love the idea of events, and how it was done, but I LOVE this idea. I had high hopes that after recovering all the pages we might get a gauntlet to fight the person who had originally enchanted the book or something. I like it the way it is, but I'd LOVE it if there were a final chear boss fight (or small dungeon) to wrap it up a little.

I do worry about mixing the spellwrit enemies in with the regular ones. They're quite high health for their level and let's face it, the Azteca enemies in particular are quite brutal enough as it is without mixing in high-health mobs, lol. The people actually on those quests are going to have to deal with a lot, and given how difficult those fights can be to begin with, I worry it may frustrate them. Could I suggest that for the Azteca quest in particular, the Spellwrit mobs should instead be mixed in with the Goliath Maulers a bit further down near the wings of the obsidian butterfly shrine? Since those mobs aren't involved in a "defeat X mobs" mainline quest and are only needed for an optional side quest, it would be a lot less intrusive to have the spellwrit mobs in with those guys rather than the (already frustating of their own accord) wing tooths.
i like it to and its a good side quest. all im complaining about is the reward for the effort we put in.
there virtually is no reward aside from the badges you get but im not after badges im after better equipment for my wizard and im sure a lot of people would agree with that.
although on the other hand since there is no reward anyone who has it will end up having probally one of the rarest badges in the game as no one would want to go through all of that work just for a badge.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Lost Pages quests are ok, but this is going to be very confusing for newer players because they tell you to go places you can't get to yet.

You should make it so the NPC won't give the quest in each world until after a player has unlocked the area where it is.

Also the "possessed" creatures shouldn't appear to anyone who doesn't have the quest. It is going to be a pain for people who are trying to get regular monsters if the "Spelwrit' ones are mixed in all the time.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
When I heard the update, visions of the Dynamic Events in GW2 came to mind. These are definitely quite different. I've only just started this morning, but it seems to me it's more of a Quest Chain that goes through the worlds (does this mean it's a limited time sort of event?). That said, the story is nice (I knew there was something fishy in those roped off sections!), and the character models were interesting. My main complaints are mixing the new mobs in with the others, and that the change isn't too visible (maybe some dark clouds in the skies over Wizard City? Strange lightning bolts in Marleybone?)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
Harold didn't direct me anywhere. I went to him, then Boris, then back to him where he told me to search 6 different worlds. That's it. No continuation, no way to go back and see what worlds I'm supposed to travel to, nothing.
I gave up and logged off.
I did suggest actually putting the quest in our quest book.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
I know that the event happens in 6 worlds, but all I can remember is the worlds: Wizard City, Mooshu, Avalon, and Azteca. Can a person at KI please post all of the worlds that the Book of Lost Pages events are taking place in? Also, when you say event does that mean it is for a limited time only, and will not be a permanent part of the game?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RavenLady777 on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
Harold didn't direct me anywhere. I went to him, then Boris, then back to him where he told me to search 6 different worlds. That's it. No continuation, no way to go back and see what worlds I'm supposed to travel to, nothing.
I gave up and logged off.
I did suggest actually putting the quest in our quest book.
Thanks to info here, I went to Simeon and completed the Wizard City quest. Then again, nothing from Arthur. I went back to Harold. Nothing.
This quest does not work as it should. PLEASE fix this...it could be great fun.