Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Introducing Events

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Rony The Turtle on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Maybe the lost pages event will connect to Morganthe in the next world somehow! Maybe Boris Tallstaff is truly her ally... And the carpe diem were working to ruin morganthe's plans... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
LOL Yeah I should have known that wand used to move books was really a EVIL!!!! Wand

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Northlite on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Seems this quest will be geared more toward those that play the game well and like a challenge.

I only hope this doesn't do any sort of reminder so that none of my family members get stuck with it.

If so there needs to be a way to remove optional quests from your book. Once they take these things it seems their arrow resets after handing in and taking regular quests and points to these optional ones they probably will never get done.

Example: Took "by accident" last instance in Wintertusk - now every time he hands in and gets new main quest line quest in Floating Land the arrow points him back to Wintertusk. He automatically claims he doesn't have the quest we are working on and follows the arrow for a while before he sees what happened. I guess we can only hope the work on the quest arrow fixes this.
LOL I have a different take. I wish KI would add a dummy quest so I can have a quest arrow any time I want it. Atter completing all the quests I knew of, I got stuck in a room once and couldn't find the door. I had to port out. Embarrassing!

I later found a side quest which goes to someplace in Marleybone and I have been refusing to complete it so I could keep my quest arrow.

Funny how we all wind up with different views on the game despite the overwhelmingly common experience.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Wait, the rewards are supposed to scale to your level? I am level 90, and all of my lost pages quests have VERY low rewards. Even the Azteca one. Is this supposed to happen?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
Wait, the rewards are supposed to scale to your level? I am level 90, and all of my lost pages quests have VERY low rewards. Even the Azteca one. Is this supposed to happen?
The little of this Event that I decided to do, has not enticed me at all to continue with it or at this point to pick it up if it goes live. Plus since I am not inclined to continue questing in Az and maybe not even Av, I see no point it even starting it.

I also agree with Katherine_Light as to where these NEW creatures are placed. Some are very hard to see and having to fight one of the regular mob along with the new ones(10 required) is another factor in my decision to not contiunue with this event.

Once again, the rewards fail to scale..

Historian
May 06, 2009
Have you guys noticed at all that there is a very small number of these Spellwrit Mobs? When I did Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Moo Shu I found myself only getting one per battle. Never two. I think they have been placed in limited quantity so that people who actually do the quests do not get more of these guys. So I don't think this is something to worry about.

I think this is an even to stay with the game.

Lastly, as of any rewards, I think you have to fight the bosses over and over again to see what you get. I don't know of any awesome gear from this even but if there is (like a spelwrit robe) that would be nice. I do know of one but as Blind Mew says it "That would be telling..." (LOL!) They also did say rewards scale to your level. It could be possible that that goes as far as the gear if any. If you'd don't want to partake in this event, you're not mandated to (though I wouldn't put it as Goldendragon18 would have lol). If do, again it's something to do and I do really like the story of this event. I always enjoy Kingsisles side arcs(Colossus Boulevard, Crab Alley, Wysteria, Grizzlehiem, Wintertusk, etc.). They always have something rewarding in them (I tend to look past the material rewards everyone seems so fond of. All I see is more stuff I can't rid of. Nope, I like the experience and satisfaction of just doing it)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 20, 2013 wrote:
Have you guys noticed at all that there is a very small number of these Spellwrit Mobs? When I did Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Moo Shu I found myself only getting one per battle. Never two. I think they have been placed in limited quantity so that people who actually do the quests do not get more of these guys. So I don't think this is something to worry about.

I think this is an even to stay with the game.

Lastly, as of any rewards, I think you have to fight the bosses over and over again to see what you get. I don't know of any awesome gear from this even but if there is (like a spelwrit robe) that would be nice. I do know of one but as Blind Mew says it "That would be telling..." (LOL!) They also did say rewards scale to your level. It could be possible that that goes as far as the gear if any. If you'd don't want to partake in this event, you're not mandated to (though I wouldn't put it as Goldendragon18 would have lol). If do, again it's something to do and I do really like the story of this event. I always enjoy Kingsisles side arcs(Colossus Boulevard, Crab Alley, Wysteria, Grizzlehiem, Wintertusk, etc.). They always have something rewarding in them (I tend to look past the material rewards everyone seems so fond of. All I see is more stuff I can't rid of. Nope, I like the experience and satisfaction of just doing it)
You are right, I am not mandated to take part in this "EVENT".

But, if, if the rewards are not scaling to level as Pokemon1649 has stated, then what is the point in wasting time with it.

As has also been stated by others, the number of these creatures and the locations, (being mixed in with normal Mobs), isn't practical or fair to some players. If a players chooses not to pick up this "EVENT" then they should not be subjected to the higher health of the creatures.

Historian
May 06, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:

But, if, if the rewards are not scaling to level as Pokemon1649 has stated, then what is the point in wasting time with it.

As has also been stated by others, the number of these creatures and the locations, (being mixed in with normal Mobs), isn't practical or fair to some players. If a players chooses not to pick up this "EVENT" then they should not be subjected to the higher health of the creatures.
That is why there is an extremely small amount of them. I can barely get 2 of any Spelwrit mob in one fight. You have a higher change of getting a 2 regular mobs than you are a Spellwrit. This is how i've noticed it so far. As of the higher worlds, unfortunately the space provided has been decreased from the full out streets to areas only able to hold 2 battle fields. But if the number is significantly small of these Spelwrits, then it should decrease the chance of getting one. A possible solution could be to expand the dungeons in the Dee's Mirrors to include enough room to fight ten of these mobs and then come back to fight the corrupted wizard. This would cause for not such a heavy overhaul on this event.

What is the point in wasting time with it?
Could just be for something to do if you're really bored and have nothing better to do or would rather do this over a quest. I really like the badges from the this so for people who like to collect badges it aids them (I am fully aware that badges don't appeal to everyone to have). And maybe by rewards they meant the gold and experience. That's possible. I'll need to check with my lower level players. Again, something special from each boss would be really nice. But does everything neccessarily have to have a special reward? Actually, after awhile with the Waterworks thing...yeah...may? 'Course KI could be waiting on a major expansion to include this.

By the way, why do you all it "EVENT"? Lol, I mean a know it's an event but why the capital letters and quotations?

Historian
May 06, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Apr 23, 2013 wrote:

Nevermind, the gold and experience is exactly the same ranging from 5-15xp and a minimal amount of gold. This event is something like a short, easy Waterworks, Briskbreeze Tower, Tower of the Helephant, or Spiral Geographic. I think there is some kind of a reward scaling to your level but, like Waterworks, you have to redo the dungeon over and over to see what you get. I don't know what this/these/that mystery reward is but someone's gotta see what it would be. How else would we have found out about Waterworks gear? But some are willing and some ain't. What can you do?

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I think the idea is thet these quests will only be available for part fo the year, and will return every year at the same time. If that's not the plan, I hope they decide to make it that way, mabie adding new worlds when the areas affected start to seem small. It's like the halloween quests, only they arent celebrating a real-world holiday.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Defender
Sep 10, 2011
average moe on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
I think the idea is thet these quests will only be available for part fo the year, and will return every year at the same time. If that's not the plan, I hope they decide to make it that way, mabie adding new worlds when the areas affected start to seem small. It's like the halloween quests, only they arent celebrating a real-world holiday.
The first time I read about this "event." I was excited thinking that it's something that is closest to a "raid" event where enemies appear out of the blue in different parts of the world to fight with. It is even entitled Introducing Events and not Lost Pages, so we might be expecting other events happening after this.I personally found out that you can only do this event once.

What this brings is an unusual opportunity for players of different levels to socialize. The idea is refreshing but I was a bit dissappointed. It might be more appealing, if the boss creatures (in this case spellwrit) properly scale to the player level as a challenge or a chance for better xp's. Also, a special bonus drop for taking part in it wouldn't hurt. New badges are ok but its not enough compensation for traveling across worlds for it. I did it with my promethean Ice so i didnt gain any XP at all. The only thing that kept me going after those lost pages is to be surprised by a worthy drop like reagents (turquiose, agave nectar, even amber), new gears, level 10 pet snack, trinkets, etc. But sadly most of them are useless "same world" level items. Thanks for another world tour of w101, which I circumnavigated five times already, but the event is poorly lacking in terms of rewards. The experience could have been greater instead of being dismissed as a waste of time according to some players I talked to. I do hope reports of better drops come in after this post, otherwise, I can only agree with them. If its aim is to tie up story arcs or be required to advance in the game, then we all have to painfully travel worlds with a fistful of items barely worth selling at the bazaar.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
KI nice job on adding content without opening a new world. I suggest you add more of this kind of content. The usage of NPC (non-player character) to intro into the new events.

Penny Dreadful-Marleybone and many other worlds (She is writing a Codex on the Undead of the spiral)

*Drops are random*

pirate8375

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
Pirates o the Spir... on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
When I visit him on any of my wizards who are a variety of different levels, he doesn't have a quest.
Try chatting with Simeon outside the Boy's Dorm rooms. He might have some whereabouts to where the Spellwrit Screamers are on Triton Avenue after speaking with Harleston!

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I said:

I personally found out that you can only do this event once.

sorry about this but this is incorrect. Yesterday, I went back to the librarian to find if I can repeat the event and didnt see any question mark or a chance to talk to him for another run. Today I checked Twin Giants again and found that the teleporter for the last quest is still there and can be accessed. You can repeat the quest / teleporter that you can access. Since then, I have been receiving Potent Traps, Turquoise and some pet snacks like Dragonhorned Melon from the Lost Pages Boss at Twin Giants. Don't know if a change was made with the drops but it sure is much better than my first run. I never had any so far, but it seems items from the Dragon Hoard Pack are featured in this event.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Monsoon Jo on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
I said:

I personally found out that you can only do this event once.

sorry about this but this is incorrect. Yesterday, I went back to the librarian to find if I can repeat the event and didnt see any question mark or a chance to talk to him for another run. Today I checked Twin Giants again and found that the teleporter for the last quest is still there and can be accessed. You can repeat the quest / teleporter that you can access. Since then, I have been receiving Potent Traps, Turquoise and some pet snacks like Dragonhorned Melon from the Lost Pages Boss at Twin Giants. Don't know if a change was made with the drops but it sure is much better than my first run. I never had any so far, but it seems items from the Dragon Hoard Pack are featured in this event.
I am glad to see you have gotten some decent drops from that particular portal.

But for the most part, since this event is a short term thing, it leaves a lot of wizards from being able to complete it on lower wizards as they progress through the spiral.

Even though I do have a wizard in Az, she is not far enough to do the final portal and won't be by the time the event ends so I have chosen not to even start it and don't have the time at the moment to devote to "The Lost Pages"..

Good luck to all that have picked up this challenge.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
"Even though I do have a wizard in Az, she is not far enough to do the final portal and won't be by the time the event ends so I have chosen not to even start it and don't have the time at the moment to devote to "The Lost Pages".. "

Just to clarify, the lost pages is by no means linear. you can jump ahead to any of the 6 worlds that your level can access. NPC's leading to the quest are right in front of the worlds anyway so you can easily see their exclamation points. However, failure to clear all six of them disqualifies you to have the final "completion" badge and the specific badge for the world that you missed.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
I am glad to see you have gotten some decent drops from that particular portal.

But for the most part, since this event is a short term thing, it leaves a lot of wizards from being able to complete it on lower wizards as they progress through the spiral.

Even though I do have a wizard in Az, she is not far enough to do the final portal and won't be by the time the event ends so I have chosen not to even start it and don't have the time at the moment to devote to "The Lost Pages"..

Good luck to all that have picked up this challenge.
You might not have access to Twin Giants, but you can always port to one of your friends (hint hint) to complete the quest if you so desire, to get just one of your wizards done with the entire event quest. Up to you! :)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
yep~ que was nice enough to let me port to her, as my first wizard doesn't have access to twin giants yet and i didn't want to restart the whole thing with my necromancer. :)

(thanks rowan/lenora/brynn!)

the whole thing was pretty fun... but i didn't get any rewards!

sigh,
-v.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
I don't think I understand the new events. Could someone explain them to me, please? I'd like to know what they are and how you do them.

Thanks,
Morgan Legendheart, level 42

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
I don't think I understand how to do the event. I've completely completed wizard city, so that's not the issue....

-Morgan Legendheart, level 42, mooshu

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
OK guys, lets clear up this confusion…

After talking to Simon, the quest does end. Then, you get the wizard city quest from him.
As he said "you're on your own for the rest." That means go to those worlds and find the main NPC (usually in close proximity of the spiral door. He/She will give you the Lost Pages quest for that world.
Lastly, these quests are for a limited time. You cant complete them after May 31st. They wont come back.

Hope this clears the air,

Keira Dreamleaf lvl 75 storm

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Will these quests last forever or disappear in a certain amount of time, and if so, when?

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I just wonder though. Does this mean its going to lead into a new world? I really wish there was, but i dont want one harder than azteca. Id want something like grizzleheim, wintertsuk and wysteria region. i hate how i am in avalon and dont have the chance to complete the last one for this quest in azteca... if this is something leading into a new world, i just hope i can get to it currently because i cant do good in avalon and use crowns for henchman to beat all bosses. i cant think strategically in real life so i use that as a support. but the event and enemies are really cool and different.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
A study group found a book that was supposed to be shelved in the restricted section of the library, and when they opened it up, they were possessed by its strong, dark magic. This magic was so powerful, so far reaching, that it touched six of our worlds, and found affinity with not only the students, but other creatures in the Spiral, binding them all to this magic’s will.

All Wizards who have completed "Unicorn's Folly" quest in Unicorn Way, come see me in the Wizard City Library at once, for I need you to investigate further!

Rewards for participating in the Lost Pages Events will scale to your level and the level of the creatures you are facing. A level 90 Wizard in Unicorn Way isn't going to get high level rewards, so seek out appropriate challenges for your level.
Um, Professor Greyrose, to do the lost pages quest and get the reward, do you have to do all the quests in all the worlds?

Cole Dunerunner Lvl 90 Promethean Sorcerer

Lord of the Falling Sky

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
Thanks to info here, I went to Simeon and completed the Wizard City quest. Then again, nothing from Arthur. I went back to Harold. Nothing.
This quest does not work as it should. PLEASE fix this...it could be great fun.
you just have to go visit all the worlds on your own, and find the quest givers there. Not all worlds have a quest giver and not all of them are easy to find.

Once you finish the stuff in wizard city, no one is going to direct you to the other worlds.