Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hair Styles!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
So far I think the hair styles are fine, I guess. But I do really want to see some waist-legnth or curly hair come out soon. They should have an option to buy with coins. Sigh.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I would like to see some nice curls, braids, crew cuts, and other styles.

If the ice ogres in Nastrond can have long blond braids, why can't Sierra Mist? Oran is from the desert plateau of Krokopotamia, but he has long hair - it is very uncomfortable. He wants a crew cut or some short curls like those seen in ancient Krokopotamian stelae and royal statuary.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I think the new hair styles is a good step forward in the right direction. As Greyrose said this is just a preliminary introduction to gauge responses and gather feedback. Considering 6 months ago the general thought was that KI would never ever incorporate cosmetic wizard changes into the game... I'm quite happy.

My feedback:
- Add longer hair styles for females.

- Add more color options, allow color matching of current hair colors and clothing.

- Sell for crowns... fine whatever. But let players change the color afterwards using gold. Letting players coordinate colors (hair, robes, boots, pet) is quite important for a lot of players.

- Incorporate a salon store into the game. It would help game immersion.

- I must agree with others that the hair styles shouldn't be "hats" that you stitch stats to. Hair styles should be part of the head... not the gear. Unfortunately its challenging to change the concept now KI has already been selling the hairstyles for crowns.

- I understand the need for KI to make money (its a business). So make hair an element of the wizard character model, not gear. Then hairstyles can't be share-banked to other wizards. And you might sell a crown purchased hat and a hairstyle for the same wizard (two items instead of one).

Happy Wizarding!

Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
longer hair would be more modern and cute. Maybe with the option of different colors too.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
They should be sold for gold in the crowns shop for like 150,000 gold.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
I the new hair styles... but idk if me and my friend are the only ones having this glitch. So we both decided to get matching Martlets- and we did. But later when we went to my house ans she ported, her hair was grey. I thought it was just a problem with the screen lighting or something, and didn't say anything. The next day when I came on my friend was like oh you bought a new Martlet. Umm.. wt do you mean? She said it was silver. o. o! Maybe its just us but i see it everywhere. The colors look WAY brighter than when i browse the crown shop. :/

-Lexi

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
I think there should be some sort of wizard salon, or beauty spa or something of that sort where wizards can like magically completely change their appearance (get a tan, change hair,change eyes) but without it being to crazy and not encouraging plastic surgery, or modifying your self for others. I'm like obsessed with how my character looks and 5 hairstyles is not enough, in real life i go through 5 different hairstyles everyday lol, and honestly the hairstyles given aren't something i would do to my hair . And the no dyeing option makes no sense cause i dye my clothes a different color like every day and my hair (pink) looks wacky with everything and it makes me frustrated cause it looks "ugly" and tacky. Well, i don't have much more to say but i hope someone reads this and maybe finds like a survey group to help think of ideas for fashion, cause its not a big deal but in basically every other mmo there's an "appearance changing" area where they can change appearance and it has hairstyles and earrings and bows and all that fun stuff were missing out on in the game.

Fiona PixieHorn- level 49

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Hi guys,

I just the new Hair Styles!!
Thanks, Kingisle.. I think you've really done it this time!

Fellow Wizard,
Miranda Thundergem Grandmaster

Defender
Jul 11, 2011
Ashley Ravenheart on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Okay, Love the hairstyles, but seriously, FIVE???!!!??? I was thinking:
GIRLS
Bangs with Ponytail
Split
Headband Ponytail
Braids with Bangs
Braids (no bangs)
Longer Hair (about a inch after shoulder bone)
Longer Hair with Bangs
Pulled back hair
Curly Hair
Curly Hair with Bangs

BOYS
Comb over
Curly Hair
Comb to the Side
etc. (BOYS leave suggestions in comments)

I love the styles now, but..... What do you think???
Agreed!

Kelly thundermask, school

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I the hairstyles! I spent nearly all my crowns on them.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
I enjoy the hairstyles they got now. But I have something else to say. They need to dig deeper. I may have some suggestions on where to get hairstyles from. Think about famous peoples hair styles Like harry in one direction. People would love to have that hairstyle.Also like Justin Beiber. Selena Gomez and tons more

Survivor
May 25, 2013
Corwin F on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
yep, great update, really fun !
i hope it's just a beginning and many other Hair Styles will appear in the future
so far, it seems the Beatles are in the Spiral, lol (i like them but different Hair Style would be great ;)
the Hair Styles for girls seems easier to wear, eh, eh

this and the unstitch option are awesome
we can really choose now without being afraid of loosing our stats or a gear we want to keep for its look
(when the crash with unstitch Hair Style will be fixed of course, i posted about it)

i like that the Hair Style are easily available in Crown Shop but a special Hair Style Shop or Vendor would be fun
(like Eloise and Zeke for gear and mounts)
...maybe different Hair Styles sold in different worlds :)
the actual ones for boys would be mostly good for Avalon for example
window.onbeforeunload = function() {}
I don't know if I'm correct or not, but I think it is a biginning.
Tyler Deathsong level 10

Have a hair style on right now

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
i got a hair style and i love it i almost always wearing it It would be awesome to have even more styles, i would super love some longer styles

Mariah RainbowDust

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
TheRainbowDust on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
i got a hair style and i love it i almost always wearing it It would be awesome to have even more styles, i would super love some longer styles

Mariah RainbowDust
Oh and something i just remembered it would be great if the head band on the Martlet hair style could change its color so that it can match the outfit of who ever is wearing it.

Mariah RainbowDust

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I think there cool but they should have things that normal hats have not just a name.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
I honestly think the hairstyles is an amazing idea! I bought a hairstyle and stitched it with a really good hat and it looks really cool on my wizard! But there are too many Bieber like hairstyles. Maybe some long, girl hairstyles?

-Cameron Deathcaster lvl 41

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
Could you possibly add all of the starter hairstyles for sale also? I gave myself really ugly buns when I started and I'd rather just long hair.

And be able to make the hair styles just what they are- styles? I'd like to wear my helm with my hair.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
When you choose your appearance when you first make your wizard, and i mean your first wizard from when you first joined didn't you think you would be able to customize your wizard? I know you can change your gear but what about hair? I'm just saying it would be an interesting thing to see added possibly to the shopping district. You could change your hairstyle and dye it too. Just a thought don't have to see it in the real but am i the only one that thought you could customize your wizard's clothes AND hair when you first joined?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Scarlet Fever on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
When you choose your appearance when you first make your wizard, and i mean your first wizard from when you first joined didn't you think you would be able to customize your wizard? I know you can change your gear but what about hair? I'm just saying it would be an interesting thing to see added possibly to the shopping district. You could change your hairstyle and dye it too. Just a thought don't have to see it in the real but am i the only one that thought you could customize your wizard's clothes AND hair when you first joined?
*sigh*
This has been suggested for years now.
KI ignored this and gave us crown hairstyles instead.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
Scarlet Fever on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
I agree totally with this. There are other online games where you can either buy (with crowns) or buy with what Wizard101 has as gold. So either way, you could save up and either change your hairstyle, colour, or both. I wonder what thoughts Professor Greyrose has since reading our comments. Haven't heard from her since the hairstyles first came out.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
We have long recognized that one of the most requested features for young Wizards is the ability to remove their hats, as well as to change their hair. Now you can do both with one simple item: a hair style!

Hair Styles can be purchased in the Crown SHOP in the Accessories Tab. You will be required to choose a color when you make the purchase as these Hair Styles cannot be dyed. Hair Styles can be stitched to hats and Hair Styles will also be available as rewards from bosses throughout the Spiral (in random colors)!

There are five styles to begin with:
  • The Housemartin - a short over the ear cut for both males and females

• The Kestrel - a short above the shoulders cut with sweeping bangs for both female and male

• The Martlet - same cut as the Kestrel, but with an added accessory for both male and female

• The Owl - a medium length cut with sweeping bangs for both female and male

• The Swan - a stylish up-do for female characters and a wavy short style for males

As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories.
I am feeling sad that they have to be bought with crowns. I really want to have hair, but my dad will not let me spend anymore money on crowns. I could ask him again. What kinds of monsters drop hair? Is it only higher level monsters?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
I think instead of buying them with crowns only, you should be able to buy them with coins.. And maybe for more advanced styles, crafting could come in play Not sure But I do like them :)

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I like the new hair styles! Could KI maybe add another feature so you can wear it with your hat? I know the hair style is hat, but I really like having my hair with my hat and goods stats. Thanks!