Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hair Styles!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We have long recognized that one of the most requested features for young Wizards is the ability to remove their hats, as well as to change their hair. Now you can do both with one simple item: a hair style!

Hair Styles can be purchased in the Crown SHOP in the Accessories Tab. You will be required to choose a color when you make the purchase as these Hair Styles cannot be dyed. Hair Styles can be stitched to hats and Hair Styles will also be available as rewards from bosses throughout the Spiral (in random colors)!

There are five styles to begin with:
  • The Housemartin - a short over the ear cut for both males and females

• The Kestrel - a short above the shoulders cut with sweeping bangs for both female and male

• The Martlet - same cut as the Kestrel, but with an added accessory for both male and female

• The Owl - a medium length cut with sweeping bangs for both female and male

• The Swan - a stylish up-do for female characters and a wavy short style for males

As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 27, 2009
Awesome! =)

Love that you are letting us have the option of these!

Some of them look to "big" and do not fit on our heads. For example the owl one looks like we have a cone head.

Other than that I love this option!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
It's a start. But is curly hair too difficult to design? Not one style old or new is curly.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I'd have to stitch it to my current hat, just to keep my hat stats. no thanks.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
One thing to do now is have a party for this! Thanks for the thousands upon thousands of wizards that wanted this to happen, happen! We all thank you and do not mind if it's crowns but can you make it gold to? Like 50,000 gold for one cut cause when by Wintertusk when you get that amount of gold, you must oft gotten tired of your old cut and I made a good haircut in the beginning so I won't need to spend crowns. Also can you just make it another area where lvl 9+ can go to cause at lvl 7, you unlock Pet Pavillion and at lvl 11, you unlock Crab Alley so it should be right in the middle. So here is what happens at lvl 9. Merle: Hurry wizard, we have something that you will probably wanna hear if you made a wrong choice in the beginning of the game. Also if you don't just like the hair. Merle: Welcome (your name) _____________ we found out how to make haircuts now. You notice Merle has gotten a new haircut and will keep on doing that every time you see him. Merle: So you should know bout the haircuts cause you lived on Earth. A professional hair stylish wizard knows bout this. Hmm ... Olivia Stormcloud is her name. EASTER EGG and lol cause it recently was Easter! So you go to her and she greets you and says this. Olivia Stormcloud: Welcome to another Youtube video everyone ... I mean hello wizard. Whats that? I do Youtube on MissCourtneyOliva. You should sub to her and in the game it will be me. Well wizard? Wanna get a haircut style? Ok. Since this is your first one I'll give it to you for free and make sure it's pretty good. We'll also have more haircut styles in the future. I just gotta learn them! After haircut. Wow, you look nice! Hope you enjoy it and remember it is 50,000 gold for everyone after it! Bye and please do come again!

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Sniper Rose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
One thing to do now is have a party for this! Thanks for the thousands upon thousands of wizards that wanted this to happen, happen! We all thank you and do not mind if it's crowns but can you make it gold to? Like 50,000 gold for one cut cause when by Wintertusk when you get that amount of gold, you must oft gotten tired of your old cut and I made a good haircut in the beginning so I won't need to spend crowns. Also can you just make it another area where lvl 9+ can go to cause at lvl 7, you unlock Pet Pavillion and at lvl 11, you unlock Crab Alley so it should be right in the middle. So here is what happens at lvl 9. Merle: Hurry wizard, we have something that you will probably wanna hear if you made a wrong choice in the beginning of the game. Also if you don't just like the hair. Merle: Welcome (your name) _____________ we found out how to make haircuts now. You notice Merle has gotten a new haircut and will keep on doing that every time you see him. Merle: So you should know bout the haircuts cause you lived on Earth. A professional hair stylish wizard knows bout this. Hmm ... Olivia Stormcloud is her name. EASTER EGG and lol cause it recently was Easter! So you go to her and she greets you and says this. Olivia Stormcloud: Welcome to another Youtube video everyone ... I mean hello wizard. Whats that? I do Youtube on MissCourtneyOliva. You should sub to her and in the game it will be me. Well wizard? Wanna get a haircut style? Ok. Since this is your first one I'll give it to you for free and make sure it's pretty good. We'll also have more haircut styles in the future. I just gotta learn them! After haircut. Wow, you look nice! Hope you enjoy it and remember it is 50,000 gold for everyone after it! Bye and please do come again!
lol we have learned how to make haircuts that doesn't sound like something he would say.

Community Leader
I love how you can stitch stats into the hair styles and no longer wear hats. I do wish there was more styles though the housemartin is adorable.

Survivor
May 29, 2010
Why do you people need to make everything cost crowns why not gold i have too much anyway i cant collect anymore.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
AMAZING!!! I have hated my hairstyle for a long time now... and wished for a purchase of that. I am happy that it's out now, gotta start saving up my money!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I love the idea, but don't really like the styles offered so far. How about some that look more like our existing wizard hair? or some more modern and playful ones? Spikes,high pony tail (with a headband?), low pony tail, long straight, curly, Mohawk, military crew cut, afro, etc. It's great that we can take off our hats now, but it could be a lot more fun.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I will not be removing a hat with great stats to change my hair. Nor will I stitch. If you want to offer new hair choices, please do so. Just don't make us choose between real gear and hair. It's not a real option.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
should be sold with gold. this might sound weird. but. they should be sold by secret vendors and you could buy them with gold. they wouldn't be crazy expensive like 30000, but more like 900-1000. how does it sound to you wizards out there? Stay Cool!

-Katherine Shadowthief
lvl 30 Necromacer

Survivor
Dec 05, 2010
Okay, Love the hairstyles, but seriously, FIVE???!!!??? I was thinking:
GIRLS
Bangs with Ponytail
Split
Headband Ponytail
Braids with Bangs
Braids (no bangs)
Longer Hair (about a inch after shoulder bone)
Longer Hair with Bangs
Pulled back hair
Curly Hair
Curly Hair with Bangs

BOYS
Comb over
Curly Hair
Comb to the Side
etc. (BOYS leave suggestions in comments)

I love the styles now, but..... What do you think???

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Katherine the Fair on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
should be sold with gold. this might sound weird. but. they should be sold by secret vendors and you could buy them with gold. they wouldn't be crazy expensive like 30000, but more like 900-1000. how does it sound to you wizards out there? Stay Cool!

-Katherine Shadowthief
lvl 30 Necromacer
Uh, I agree with the 30,000 gold cause their crown items! Not anything you can find in the BAZZAR!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Ashley Ravenheart on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Okay, Love the hairstyles, but seriously, FIVE???!!!??? I was thinking:
GIRLS
Bangs with Ponytail
Split
Headband Ponytail
Braids with Bangs
Braids (no bangs)
Longer Hair (about a inch after shoulder bone)
Longer Hair with Bangs
Pulled back hair
Curly Hair
Curly Hair with Bangs

BOYS
Comb over
Curly Hair
Comb to the Side
etc. (BOYS leave suggestions in comments)

I love the styles now, but..... What do you think???
Yup - I agree.

Boys - add spikes, flat top, mohawk, dredlocks...

Let's have some fun with this!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Some of these are really neat, but it will take getting used to... Wow what a difference.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I love the idea of the hat of hair. I did purchase at least two wigs for each of my 6 wizards and I stitched crafted hat stats to one. It's a really nice change of style. I can't wait for release of this feature in the live game.

A couple of problems:

The styles are too limited. As others have commented, we would like more styles from which to choose. Perhaps a contest for hairstyle designs would be helpful with creating new wigs.

The hair doesn't obscure facial features as did our hats, so we can now see our wizards more clearly. The rudimentary design of faces is quite obvious, in that face shapes are blocky with sharp corners. While I don't mind having pointy ears, they are a bit too pointy for my elvish taste. The eyes seem overly large in such tiny faces, IMHO. Skin tones are less attractive when not hidden by hats; in particular, the darker shades look washed out, Iridian looks slightly green, actually! A refinement of the actual physical features of our wizards is necessary to compensate for the new look.

Thank you for listening to the many, many lady wizards who have been asking for hair styles over the past 2 years.

Qbb

Community Leader
I'm LOVING how the styles look on the girls. Not such a fan of how they look on guys, lol, but for my own characters I'm happy.

I would love it if you could make the accessories on the Martlet styles dyeable. Right now the red bow (and the green googles) don't look all that great with my character's gear because they clash. My green life wizard with a red bow, or my tan & red balance with green googles.... is there any way to make those dyeable so they can match our gear? That would be an amazing feature. :)

For gameplay tips, check the official Mercenaries101 fansite! To request free, experienced help with bosses & dungeons, click here for our forum.
Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
RavenLady777 on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
I will not be removing a hat with great stats to change my hair. Nor will I stitch. If you want to offer new hair choices, please do so. Just don't make us choose between real gear and hair. It's not a real option.
If you unstitch your hat first then you can stitch your hair to the stats and keep the hat in your back pack for if you change your mind in the future

I like the idea of the hair but the actual styles made are rather ugly. sorry

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
yep, great update, really fun !
i hope it's just a beginning and many other Hair Styles will appear in the future
so far, it seems the Beatles are in the Spiral, lol (i like them but different Hair Style would be great ;)
the Hair Styles for girls seems easier to wear, eh, eh

this and the unstitch option are awesome
we can really choose now without being afraid of loosing our stats or a gear we want to keep for its look
(when the crash with unstitch Hair Style will be fixed of course, i posted about it)

i like that the Hair Style are easily available in Crown Shop but a special Hair Style Shop or Vendor would be fun
(like Eloise and Zeke for gear and mounts)
...maybe different Hair Styles sold in different worlds :)
the actual ones for boys would be mostly good for Avalon for example
window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
So there's an update coming that'll bring new hairstyles to Wizard101! These new hairstyles will be available in the crowns shop, or as a rare drop from certain bosses. You can view these new hairstyles in the Game Updates.

What do you all think of the new hairstyles? Are they cute, or super tacky? Discuss.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
You should make the original hair choices options too and Wouldn't it be cool to stitch spooky bob hair on Hallowe'en Hat I really wanna look like him and his Torso rocks!!!!!!

Survivor
Nov 09, 2010
Must say I love the hair styles, can't wait for my poor ugly wizard to be transformed, no hat really suits her hair which was an accident anyway. lol

Can't wait for it to come live and looking forward to new styles in the future :)

So YAY ty ty ty

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Can we please add new hairstyles when you first create a wizard too? While the crown shop is fine for those with cash, a lot of wizards will be left out and honestly, I'm tired of choosing one of two hairstyles I like when creating a new wizard. We asked for barber shop/style shop. This isn't it.