Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hair Styles!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
"All the hairstyles are available if you click the amulet button in the crowns menu. Took me a few minutes to figure it out, and was able to purchase the longer bob from there. Hope this helps. :) Erin Ice Weaver, level 83."

It helped alot, thanks so much!

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Rainbow0839 on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
It's okay idea jake344, but it would probably be a lot of reprogramming, especially the part with Headmaster Ambrose (I didn't know you were on a first name basis with him). also they probably can't say 'YouTube' for copyright reasons (is YouTube copyrighted?) And then they DEFINITLY can't advertise MissCourtneyOlivia. it's fine in the crown shop and I don't think we need ANOTHER place to remember to go to.
As for the actual test realm hair-do, I LOVE it! I think 50,000 gold or 500 crowns is a little much but what about 500 or 5,000 gold? Simply because I'm not going to use money to buy a VIRTUAL haircut!
Hey how about if MissCourtneyOlivia did sign a contract like what Selena Gomez did. Now she would be their for the rest of the games time and she would offer hairstyles and well I don't wanna cost it 5,000 gold because if it's that cheap, you can get it early in the game and it wouldn't encourage you to keep going forward. Now some people said something bout School Hairstyles. We should get them in the quest your're school teacher offers like mine is Halston Balestrom so here goes the story! Wizards, lights, cameras, ACTION!
Me: As I was walking down in the Commons one brisk spring day and man oh man I got to get warm and then a wizard start's saying a William Shakespear Poem. Then I get a call from my teacher. "Hello,"
Balestrom: Come quickly young wizard! This will electrify your hair off! x laughs x. See me right away!
Me: Ok.
When you arrive at the Storm School Balestrom says "Good morning wizard. Today I'm gonna teach you how to summon a new minion!
Me: AH! My hair is gone! Well I shouldn't have come then.
Balestrom: I got a back up! Here you go!
Reward: Tempest Hair Style
Balestrom: So anyways I need you to travel these worlds of the Spiral to get your minion. Fresh water from Grizzleheim. A crystal from Avalon. And a cup for me to drink.
When you return.
Balestrom: Welcome back wizard! I fear you had no trouble. The crystal was for my cup and the water was for my drink! So to find the minion, he would be in Three Points, Azteca!
When you summon it you are happy!
Water Minion: Oh humble magician from the the land of magicians, I'll obey you! Also this is the minions brother you learned when you were a young wizard!
Elemental Minion: Brother, I thought I would never see you again! The war when th Dragon Titan was terrible. Many died and we were slaves. I'm so happy to be with you!
Water Minion: Go to the frog in Ravenwood. We'll meet you there!
Balestrom: They told me they were glad you reunited the minions! Good job!
Rewards: 5,000 gold.
Spell Learn: Water Minion.
The 5,000 gold is for the hairstyle but you can spend it on anything but there's not much need to use 5,000 gold on a item except if you are stitching something or getting a haircut!
Hope you like my idea as well you do!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
it needs to be possible to wear the hairstyles underneath hats.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
I was so excited when I read the game update about the hair styles. I've always wanted to "leave my hat off". But I was very dissapointed when I saw that all five of the styles were short. Granted, I thought a couple of them were cute. They're just not me. Personally, I don't mind paying crowns for them. The prices are very reasonable. Though, I can understand others wanting the option to pay for them with gold. So, I think I'm going to wait for them to come out with some longer styles. They are going to come out with longer styles, RIGHT!

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
We have long recognized that one of the most requested features for young Wizards is the ability to remove their hats, as well as to change their hair. Now you can do both with one simple item: a hair style!

Hair Styles can be purchased in the Crown SHOP in the Accessories Tab. You will be required to choose a color when you make the purchase as these Hair Styles cannot be dyed. Hair Styles can be stitched to hats and Hair Styles will also be available as rewards from bosses throughout the Spiral (in random colors)!

There are five styles to begin with:
  • The Housemartin - a short over the ear cut for both males and females

• The Kestrel - a short above the shoulders cut with sweeping bangs for both female and male

• The Martlet - same cut as the Kestrel, but with an added accessory for both male and female

• The Owl - a medium length cut with sweeping bangs for both female and male

• The Swan - a stylish up-do for female characters and a wavy short style for males

As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories.
How about letting us remove the hat with our created wizards hair setup?

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
I'm in love with The Swan hairstyle, but I wish I could buy it with gold.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
That kestrel... i feel I've seen it before....
and i love it. I want it, and i want it now, i plan to get it soon with crowns.
But i love all of them. it add quite a bit to wizard101 to show whats underneath your cap.

Stay awesome guys.
Alexander SunStone,
Pyromancer and King of Turtles.
Level 64

Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
Lol i had fun with killing bosses and collecting these fun hairstyles
It was awesome

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Dear KI ,

I think that after you submit your character at any time you should be able to change your hair. It is ridiculous that this is not an option. I have the pony-tail hair which now I strongly regret choosing. I have to have a hood on 24-7 or i look like a complete fool. I am a level 73 in Avalon and I have no plans on deleting her. If this was an option it would make everything a lot easier especially for people with hair they regret.

From,
Katie DarkBlade

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
Sniper Rose on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Uh, I agree with the 30,000 gold cause their crown items! Not anything you can find in the BAZZAR!
you are right..... i dont know what i was thinking.....

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Thank Professor for always adding the greatest of things. Just one question, can you add some of the hairs available in card packs?
Thanks again,
Austin Icethorn, Master Pyromancer Level 47

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Dear KI ,

I think that after you submit your character at any time you should be able to change your hair. It is ridiculous that this is not an option. I have the pony-tail hair which now I strongly regret choosing. I have to have a hood on 24-7 or i look like a complete fool. I am a level 73 in Avalon and I have no plans on deleting her. If this was an option it would make everything a lot easier especially for people with hair they regret.

From,
Katie DarkBlade
Yes, this is what we asked for. This is not what we got. At all.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hi, all you Wizard 101 players, and faculty. I have something that's been on my mind for a while, and I, feel, I should say something. No offence Wizard101 faculty, and staff, but, I don't like the new hair styles, I like the one I picked for my Character. I want to take off my hat, and have my hair, not a "wig." This is all I ask; I want to take off my hat, show my original hair, and, maybe, change my hair, if I want, because, on one of my, high, level Characters, I, accidentally, picked the wrong, hair- and would like to fix it. And, We should be able to dye our original hair, too. I know I speak for some of the people, who play this game, cause, when you guys announced this, I was happy, but then, I was upset-as some people were- because It's not what I, and, a portion, of the players, expected. But I am grateful, that, the "hair-changing-ability" has crossed your minds. I hope, in the, near, future, I can be able to: take off my hat, and show my original hair, dye my original hair, and, maybe, change my hair. I don't mean to complain, but I think if I could dye my player's, original, hair, from brown, to blonde-since I am a blondie- and change my, other character's, hair-style, I would play a lot more often! Please consider this, and write back to me.
Thanks,
Kylek2000

Survivor
May 24, 2009
RavenLady777 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Yes, this is what we asked for. This is not what we got. At all.
I completely agree, with these people.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I the hairstyles! I have one little suggestion though: make an option to have the tips a different color. It would be nice to have purple tips on my wizard's blond hair!

Destiny Windgem, level 37

Kiley Frost, level 10

Brynn Swiftblade, level 9

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
While we appreciate your feedback, you missed the last sentence of the Hair Styles update.

"As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories."

In other words, if these hairstyles do well, we'll add more and we'll be looking to our community for suggestions on what they'd like to see.
H, Professor Greyrose! BTW, on an unrelated note, I am, like, your number 1, Ice, Fan! I have a level 81, Ice! Anyways, I cannot say I agree, with your, earlier, post. In my opinion, instead of adding more hairstyles, why not just add a salon, in the shopping district- in one of the empty buildings- where we could: Dye our hair, and change our hairstyle, to please our liking, at that particular moment. Honestly, I think, it would make things easier, because you could chose from one of the, great, original hairstyles, plus the new ones, recently added, for the people who like them, and in the near future, you could add more, hairstyles, accessories for your hair, etc. Remember, appearance is everything! (Next to personality, of course!) If this could happen, I would be, so, happy, I do not know, what I'd do! I hope you, and the other staff members at KI consider this option.
Thank you, for your time,
Kylek2000

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I know they just came out with new "hairstyles" and yah thats awesome. But, I want to change my hair as a whole underneath my hat. Like how you can dye your clothes, why cant you dye your hair, or change your hair style in the dye shop? OR even make a totally different commons shop for changing your hair! But it has to be done, I am sick of my current hair! Please reply with additional ideas or better yet tell moderators/administrators/developers about this! This needs to be added. Please and thank you!

~Ethan DragonBlade
Level 86

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
While we appreciate your feedback, you missed the last sentence of the Hair Styles update.

"As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories."

In other words, if these hairstyles do well, we'll add more and we'll be looking to our community for suggestions on what they'd like to see.
Sorry, but I don't like any of the female hair styles so I won't be wasting my crowns on them but I certainly do want there to be other styles like longer, some curly, etc. So I hope you realize that as you "guage" the popularity of these new hair styles, that might not be the right way to determine whether or not to add new ones. I prefer the original hair stylel that I have but wouldn't mind changing the colour to say.... hot pink! Thanks.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Anna Rainsong Pink... on May 17, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, but I don't like any of the female hair styles so I won't be wasting my crowns on them but I certainly do want there to be other styles like longer, some curly, etc. So I hope you realize that as you "guage" the popularity of these new hair styles, that might not be the right way to determine whether or not to add new ones. I prefer the original hair stylel that I have but wouldn't mind changing the colour to say.... hot pink! Thanks.
Agreed.

Sincerely,
Kylek2000

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
I hate to say it, but I really don't like the hair in the crown shop. I want hair that you can put a hat on top of, not hair the COUNTS as your hat. There should be a salon put in one of the empty buildings in the Shopping District. There would be a mander with a mix between a Krokotopian accent and a French accent. He would style hair. And there could be a Seraph who could redo your "makeup" or "remove scars" for boys. It would cost crowns, of course, but they would all be worth it. :)

Marissa BattleFlame
Queen of Seraphs

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hi all wizards, and staff, this is the last, I have to ask KI to consider, on this topic.
Professor Greyrose, So far, the amount of people who have problems with, and/or, dislike, the new hairstyles, equals [Pretty much] the majority. I understand that the KI staff works hard, to try to give us what we would like, in the game, but most of us didn't want this, when we asked, for hairstyles, we mainly meant, to chose from the ones, that are already, existing, and, or take off our hat to show that hair, or dye that hair. Please consider my, earlier, suggestion (As quoted below). Thank you for your time.

"......I cannot say I agree, with your, earlier, post. (Professor Greyrose's post) In my opinion, instead of adding more hairstyles, why not just add a salon, in the shopping district- in one of the empty buildings- where we could: Dye our hair, and change our hairstyle, to please our liking, at that particular moment. Honestly, I think, it would make things easier, because you could chose from one of the, great, original hairstyles, plus the new ones, recently added, for the people who like them, and in the near future, you could add more, hairstyles, accessories for your hair, etc. Remember, appearance is everything! (Next to personality, of course!)........I hope you, and the other staff members at KI consider this option."

This was Professor Greyrose's original post (For those of you who saw my first sentence, and didn't see her post)

"While we appreciate your feedback, you missed the last sentence of the Hair Styles update.
In other words, if these hairstyles do well, we'll add more and we'll be looking to our community for suggestions on what they'd like to see."

Please write back to me, Professor Greyrose,
Sincerely,
Kylek2000

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Dear KI ,

From,
Katie DarkBlade
Yes, my storm wizard who is in Dragonspyre has pigtails.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
Some children(both boys & girls) just have long hair, period. Some boys have ponytails. Not many, but some. And don't forget, some of us players are ADULTS playing the game. We might want ponytails for our character.

NOW the REAL question is when will these new hairstyles be added to the beginning of the games when you "design" your character?

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
I really love the wigs they are hilarious. A lot of my friends keep saying that those wigs are a waste. Well I think it isn't because all you have to do is stitch it and give it stats
Hunter DeathBlade level 35 death wizard