Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest & Dungeon Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The following updates have been made to Quests and Dungeons of the Spiral.

Strangler Goblins, Night Goblins, Deep Dark Goblins, Hobgoblin Plunderers, Hobgoblin Blood Captains and Hobgoblin Fiends now all count towards the Goblin defeat badges.
Players can no longer sneak past Dr. Katzenstein to reach Grunk.
Sir Pike Del Lago should no longer block players who were disconnected or logged our during his conversation.
Cuthalla has been replaced as the target of the quest "Summoning Pylons" - you will now face Yogash!
Quest Helper will be a little smarter about which quest to select next, and many misdirection issues with Quest Helper have been addressed.
It is now easier to obtain the quest item you need in many 'Defeat and Collect' quests in Celestia and Zafaria! Yay!
Kensington Park in Marleybone has been shortened.
Amphiba's & Praxus's Second Chance chests are now available in Celestia!

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
The following updates have been made to Quests and Dungeons of the Spiral.

Strangler Goblins, Night Goblins, Deep Dark Goblins, Hobgoblin Plunderers, Hobgoblin Blood Captains and Hobgoblin Fiends now all count towards the Goblin defeat badges.
Players can no longer sneak past Dr. Katzenstein to reach Grunk.
Sir Pike Del Lago should no longer block players who were disconnected or logged our during his conversation.
Cuthalla has been replaced as the target of the quest "Summoning Pylons" - you will now face Yogash!
Quest Helper will be a little smarter about which quest to select next, and many misdirection issues with Quest Helper have been addressed.
It is now easier to obtain the quest item you need in many 'Defeat and Collect' quests in Celestia and Zafaria! Yay!
Kensington Park in Marleybone has been shortened.
Amphiba's & Praxus's Second Chance chests are now available in Celestia!
Improve the defeat-and-collect odds everywhere please.

Also the last time you "improved" the quest arrow, you had to roll back those changes, so please let this be thoroughly tested before moving to live realm.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
grahambhg on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Improve the defeat-and-collect odds everywhere please.

Also the last time you "improved" the quest arrow, you had to roll back those changes, so please let this be thoroughly tested before moving to live realm.
Yes and yes!
Please, KI listen this time.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
Finally they've increased the chances for defeat and collect quests in cl and zf.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Not sure how much any of these will effect my wizards... A couple good recommendations by others though, but I am sure that is a lot of work and Real Bugs need to be fixed, rather than knit picking on anything that players like or want or help us.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
"It is now easier to obtain the quest item you need in many 'Defeat and Collect' quests in Celestia and Zafaria!"

Yay indeed

I hope to fight fewer than 57,439 lions next time I do ZF.

Now, about that Necromantic Vigor in The Wyrd...

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Please restore Kensington. Why shorten it? It is optional, and fun the way it has always been.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
I think you should shorten all the defeat and collects.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Please don't shorten Kensington. It's a classic.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Gemma Luna on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
"It is now easier to obtain the quest item you need in many 'Defeat and Collect' quests in Celestia and Zafaria!"

Yay indeed

I hope to fight fewer than 57,439 lions next time I do ZF.

Now, about that Necromantic Vigor in The Wyrd...
lol, yeah~ that quest was brutal, especially for my death wizard.

I've taken 3 wizards through Zaf already, 2 of which are now level 90. let's hope the second half of my little family has an easier time, after these updates.

-von
promethean sorceress & necromancer

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Yay! No more sneaking past Dr. Katzenstien! When I did the dungeon the person I worked with went past and now I have to do it again!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Yay! I'm glad to see the Quests and Dungeons being updated.

Survivor
Mar 07, 2013
does anyone know where to get the medium fish for the sandwich for ogden peake?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
aprilschultz1988 on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
does anyone know where to get the medium fish for the sandwich for ogden peake?
All of the items for that quest can be found at The Bazaar.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2013
I find it really unfair when you have the required amount of pips to cast a spell on the other person ,and the spell fizzles away. It really gets to me when your a level low, and some big shot comes in the group, and casts a spell that wipes out the opposition to pieces, sure it helps, but it really shouldn't have happened. Also, at times a spell casts is not strong enough when your health is near the bottom. I say on both sides, if its less that 100, you cannot cast a spell unless its a health spell, or you cannot cast. Its shows the creature dying and unable to continue.

If your dead to the group your brought out of where you were. and have to start from the beginning. No more restarts or teleport back to your group/friend . Its called being dead.

I have one more idea for you.

If you face a creature who has the ability of more than your health, or has a magic wand ,or a pet .That pet can become a card for your set; like the crow in the Dark Cave, or the wand, or anything you can get off that dead body. Not just a pair of boots but everything. This can also get Pvp players excited, because they can pick a card from your deck, and take that spell from you and leave with it.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
My life witch is working in zf on a defeat-and-collect quest currently. will that quest be affected even though my witch had the quest before the test realm went down?

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
courtneystardust on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
My life witch is working in zf on a defeat-and-collect quest currently. will that quest be affected even though my witch had the quest before the test realm went down?
Yes, it will.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
I'm just happy that you can collect stuff easier.