Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Miscellaneous Updates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
If a plant dies, it should lose its pixie -- if it doesn't it screams exploit to me

That being said, the "correct" fix for this would be to make it so that a new "like" affects all plants, not just ones planted after a "like" has been placed. Cause if it works that way -- its also a glitch, but one NOT in the players favor, unlike the "permanent pixies", which is a glitch in the players favor.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
omegad23 on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
i don't want to be disrespectful Ki but what are we ( players that don't pvp) going to do :(. I am a faithful customer I have done Azteca and i don't what to do now ( i am tired of pvp and gardening isn't too funny). Please respond :(
You could do side quests or start a new character, but other than that there really isn't much else to do. Maybe you could play P101 if you haven't already.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
i think that you should not make us play a pet game to feed our pet a snack.
when i go to rank up my pet i dont like playing a game to feed my pet a snack. and that we can only feed my pet one snack? i would like it if you either let us feed our pet more times per game or dont make us play at all.

thank you
tyler2003118

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
new we all had those times during gardening when we made a dead plant have a pixie on it so the other plants benifited but in the next update thats being removed personally it takes a ton of energy and luck to get a pixie on a plant in the first place so i feel like this needs to remain in the game and not be fixed even though it does not fully make sense its a good kind of bug that is necessary for the game and i know many other gardeners will agree with me on this.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
"GPS feature so that questers can INVITE people/everyone, they don't know on quests to improve teamwork and make friends. If I can just look on a board to see who has a quest request I can just jump to them and we can go"

I like that idea! There are some good help sevices on the fan sites, but it would be cool if players had a way to team up or request help with a certain quest in game.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
All of the new updates aside, there's something that W101 has desperately needed for a very long time.

This game requires a social element. It's very difficult to do certain quests and dungeons without other players. Even a huge friends list doesn't do much good, because friends quit or aren't on at the same time as you are. Or won't come help with you need it.

But there isn't any way to easily FIND other players doing the same quest or dungeon as you are stuck on.

There's not even an easy way to find out what realm, what world, what area of world, currently has any players at all and which are empty.

For those players who don't want to have to hang around the lake in wizard city and shout about needing a boy or girl, or beg for help, there needs to be a way to see where people are, or to ask the general populace of the game to join a quest or a dungeon.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
I stopped playing wizard101 when it got to the point of no longer being a GAME. When this happened and I realized it and that I was spending a LOT of money to continue working at playing this ONCE wonderful game. When you find yourself working and not relaxing at a game plus it cost you a lot to continue playing ( I have 2 accounts with all schools represented many of which are levels 80's ) you have many options but in the end they are all the same.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
I would like to add my voice to those who say leave the Pixie as is. If you need to fix a gardening bug you should fix the likes don't take effect unless they are down when the seed is planted.

If likes took effect immediately or even within a short time. That woud make loosing the perma pixie bearable.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Gardening Updates
Pixies will now disappear from a plant when it dies.

Well, that's disappointing.
I guess days are numbered for us "Evil Corporate Gardener" types.

I finally got my gardens working just the way I wanted to. But, no rest for the wicked, I guess. Time to start asking the new questions:

1) Do we ring the garden with Tiger Lily and expend extra energy to maintain them?
2) Do we surrender plots inside the garden for Tiger Lily and call it the "Pixie Patch"?
3) Do we just live without the "Fifth Like" and accept a slightly lower production rate?
4) Do I really have to start selling FireCat/IceCat/BlackCat TCs again?

Muahaha - let the games begin (again).

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm <----- Oh, that's a cold irony, right there hee hee hee

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
It has come to my attention that there is now a proposed update to place a "Summon Pixie" spell (Rank 10 gardener) on Roger the Shrubber in Avalon. Considering the fact that he can only be found through "Quest Progression", I find this a highly unfair update.

Many players have multiple wizards on multiple accounts that are "Rank 10+" gardeners but not all of those wizards have progressed anywhere near far enough in the game to be able to access this update.

Taking away our permanent Pixies that many have worked hard to acquire for their gardesn is bad enough. Not fixing the the likes to take immediate effect on our gardens is just as bad in my opinion. But to put this new propsed spell so far out of reach for many is just ridiculous. And at a cost of 175,000 gold and 25 energy required? I see this as another way of wizards having to buy crowns in order to buy energy, in order to use this spell.

I will not be buying crowns just to buy energy for ths kind of update on any of my wizards. This is a waste of hard earned money and I won't waste it on energy this way..

Just fix the likes to take immediate effect when the Pixies appear or when we place other likes near our plants.

Community Leader
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
As unpopular as my view will be - I'm glad they are releasing the Pixies from dead plants. The practice of allowing a Pixie inhabited plant to die in order to keep it in the garden constantly was as creepy as IF we were allowed to feed pets to other pets.

However some people did raise really good points. I have noticed that not all the likes in my gardens registered on my plant cards when I hovered. Even old ones - like EMPs. (And the only "likes" I bother with are the ones listed in the Wiki over at Wizard101 Central.)

Also, some plants are really hard to get Pixies to and even if you plant ones that "always" get pixies - like a Prickly Bear Cactus - if it's only one or two, they don't draw Pixies to an EMP garden. But sometimes it's really hard to get all the likes for a certain plant. (notibly the Krok Insect Tablet for bears, the Brick Walled Pond for DHEs, and others.)

It would be nice if there was something that would make the Pixies stay that wasn't so ghoulish as trapping them with a dead plant... Maybe a Crown Price Pixie House - like a bird house .... Something really pretty you stick the post of in the middle of a garden bed and Pixie's like coming there and feel so at home they just hover with YOUR garden The house area of effect should be for a Large Garden Spell - unlike that Brick Walled Pond - which you need two of if you have a Large Area Deadly Helephant Ear garden.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
According to a Friend I have on Central, that Pixie spell only lasts about 48 Hours. Not worth it. I can spend that gold on several hatches instead.. I am just going to let my gardens go with whatever likes are in place and forget about the Pixie.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Tyler Shadowblade3... on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
i think that you should not make us play a pet game to feed our pet a snack.
when i go to rank up my pet i dont like playing a game to feed my pet a snack. and that we can only feed my pet one snack? i would like it if you either let us feed our pet more times per game or dont make us play at all.

thank you
tyler2003118
I agree. I hate the pet games. I usually just go to the dance game, let it fail three times, then give my pet a megasnack.

I'd really love to be able to just feed my pet the petsnacks and also the treasure cards I can't sell at the bazaar

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The new Pixie spell isn't a bad idea, but it needs to last longer. The pixie should stay on to elder the way normal ones do.

It would also be nice to get it somewhere sooner in the game. The garden rank limit seems fair, but AV is much too far. How about Groundskeeper Verne?

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I am a bit conflicted about the pixie updates. First thanks for putting in a new pixie spell. Though, I do have some reservations about it. One, the spell is only available to higher level characters which is not fair to lower levels. I hope that it will at least be available as a TC drop from waterworks or worlds such as dragonspyre as are other pest prevention TCs so that lower level wizards will at least have some access to it. Second, the spell only lasts for 48 hours. 25 energy on a 48 hour spell is a lot and the time limit is not indicated on the spell card. I believe this needs to be corrected before release to live realm.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Prince of Shadows on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
The new Pixie spell isn't a bad idea, but it needs to last longer. The pixie should stay on to elder the way normal ones do.

It would also be nice to get it somewhere sooner in the game. The garden rank limit seems fair, but AV is much too far. How about Groundskeeper Verne?
Agreed. Since the "Summon Pixie" spell is a Rank 10" spell, it should be available to ALL gardening wizards that have qualified for it, and at a much less price if this is going to be the final change and does go live.

Gardening/Pet training wizards work hard to get their gardens to the point to being able to garden for Mega snacks that Placing this in a Quest Progression format is not fair to many players.

As for myself, I don't care anymore. I won't be buying that spell nor will I be wasting 25 energy that I can put to better use Pet Training. Any gardens I continue to plant may or may not have any likes and that is ok too. My main account does have all likes on most of the gardens at the moment for what I am planting, but my second account only has up to 3 on some and only 2 on others until the Pixies are taken away. HMMM, looks like full term gardens for me.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Jose Seashield on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
I am a bit conflicted about the pixie updates. First thanks for putting in a new pixie spell. Though, I do have some reservations about it. One, the spell is only available to higher level characters which is not fair to lower levels. I hope that it will at least be available as a TC drop from waterworks or worlds such as dragonspyre as are other pest prevention TCs so that lower level wizards will at least have some access to it. Second, the spell only lasts for 48 hours. 25 energy on a 48 hour spell is a lot and the time limit is not indicated on the spell card. I believe this needs to be corrected before release to live realm.
agreed. there needs to be a correction on this. and let the players know that it lasts only 48 hours if this was the intent and not a bug.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
I was so excited to hear about the Summon Pixie spell from a friend. I thought to myself, "Hey! That's actually a great idea!" Oh how wrong I was.

Well, I just ran around selling everything one of my wizards owned to get enough gold for the Summon Pixie spell.
I replanted her Evil Magma Pea garden and cast a pixie on one of them only to find that it used up 25 of my energy and did nothing. Wonderful waste of energy because there is nothing noted on the spell card about the plant needing to be young/mature/whatever.
So now I need to keep plants going on the side, waste energy on those, and work on timing them EXACTLY right just to have a pixie for my garden? What an overcomplicated hassle.

This spell should not cost so much energy, and it should definitely not be in Avalon!
If I recall correctly, you need to unlock the gardening vendor through a quest there. So you need to be quite a ways in questing through Avalon.
Do you have any idea how long that could take some players?

Two of my wizards have very large gardens- 32 plot placements of Deadly Helephant Ears. That costs 64 energy to plant. How in the Spiral could I keep my gardens the way I like if I were to use this awful spell for pixies?
Not to mention BOTH of them are still in Zafaria! So that's entirely out the window!
And when they do get to Avalon, I will have to keep them in energy gear just to keep up with energy cost for these ridiculous pixies! So, what, give up questing to have my garden the way it has always been?

This is just a complete joke, really.
This game is losing every aspect of fun it has ever had for me.

See how large my gardens are? 64 DHE, 10 EMP, and 14 Couch Potatoes. I do this for gold and snacks just to gamble it all on pet training. I garden on 4 wizards and pet train on 2 wizards. I can rarely keep up with the gold, snack and energy costs with all of that. And still I'm struggling to get anywhere with my pets.

I honestly wonder why I even bother with this game anymore.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
I agree they should not make us play those darn pet games to feed our pets, just make it cost the energy to feed out pets as it would to play a pet game according to our pets level. also if im correct when you play a pet game and do good you get a plus 4 experience, this just makes all the more reason to not force us to play those games as those that do will get that bonus and others wont. its completely fair and that's the cold truth.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
"GPS feature so that questers can INVITE people/everyone, they don't know on quests to improve teamwork and make friends. If I can just look on a board to see who has a quest request I can just jump to them and we can go"

I like that idea! There are some good help sevices on the fan sites, but it would be cool if players had a way to team up or request help with a certain quest in game.
Another good idea re: help w/quests:

Why not a temporary friends list?

This friends list would be different from the regular friends list, and the people on that list would only last for a set period of time (hours, days, a week, etc.). This list could be much shorter than the regular friends list - only, say, 5 or 10 people. Temporary friends could be highlighted in a different color, say, red, to indicate that they are only temporary.

At first I was thinking that the temporary friends list could last until the next time you logged out, but then I thought - yes, but how many times have you been in a dungeon or boss fight and gotten disconnected from the game? Happens to me all the time - and if I have not added the people who were helping me, I often cannot rejoin them. That's why I thought of making temporary friends work like temporary cookies - give them an expiration date/time.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DynamitePunch on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
I was so excited to hear about the Summon Pixie spell from a friend. I thought to myself, "Hey! That's actually a great idea!" Oh how wrong I was.

Well, I just ran around selling everything one of my wizards owned to get enough gold for the Summon Pixie spell.
I replanted her Evil Magma Pea garden and cast a pixie on one of them only to find that it used up 25 of my energy and did nothing. Wonderful waste of energy because there is nothing noted on the spell card about the plant needing to be young/mature/whatever.
So now I need to keep plants going on the side, waste energy on those, and work on timing them EXACTLY right just to have a pixie for my garden? What an overcomplicated hassle.

This spell should not cost so much energy, and it should definitely not be in Avalon!
If I recall correctly, you need to unlock the gardening vendor through a quest there. So you need to be quite a ways in questing through Avalon.

Two of my wizards have very large gardens- 32 plot placements of Deadly Helephant Ears. That costs 64 energy to plant. How in the Spiral could I keep my gardens the way I like if I were to use this awful spell for pixies?
Not to mention BOTH of them are still in Zafaria! So that's entirely out the window!
And when they do get to Avalon, I will have to keep them in energy gear just to keep up with energy cost for these ridiculous pixies! So, what, give up questing to have my garden the way it has always been?

See how large my gardens are? 64 DHE, 10 EMP, and 14 Couch Potatoes. I do this for gold and snacks just to gamble it all on pet training. I garden on 4 wizards and pet train on 2 wizards. I can rarely keep up with the gold, snack and energy costs with all of that. And still I'm struggling to get anywhere with my pets.

I could not agree more. This has to be one of the worst updates ever proposed in this game. I like to garden, but I for one, as I have already stated WILL NOT be wasting my time and energy with this spell. We have had the pixies in place far too long to have to waste gold and energy this way. So what if we have a dead plant or two around our gardens to maintain those Pixies. There is absolutely no harm being done to any player or KI.

I garden on 2 accounts and some of those wizards (11 wizards with 9 gardening most of the time) definitely DON'T have the energy to even use this spell. Most of those wizards are growing PBCs for the simple fact that I have not been able to increase the number of DHEs, CPs, or EMPs due to lack of time required. It takes a lot of hard work and time and energy to get the permanent pixies in place to begin with. KI, you nerfed the number of Mega snacks the PBCs harvested, You put more Crowns seeds to be farmed for then you reduce the number of drops. I was even willing to spend a few more crowns for additional seeds, but I think I have changed my mind.

Even though I have 1 wizard in Az and 1 in Av, I decided when I found out about this spell and checked it out with Roger the Shrubber, that I was not going to buy it, then I am seeing that it may only last 48 hours. Yes, this has to be a big joke and it is not funny. It's just taking more fun and magic from the game.

Of all the things that do need to be fixed in this game, this IS NOT one of them. Fix PvP and Puppeting, add a better Spell Checker on the chat filters to prevent cursing around the filters. Fix the things that are really creating problems for players.

KI, PLEASE leave our gardens with our Pixies and all likes alone. It certainly is not an exploit. It is just a plant like. PERIOD.

@Deth, I don't think you are the only one wondering why you still play, I'm beginning to wonder the same thing and I have been seeing others already leaving the game within the last couple of months. This is just adding another reason for more to do the same.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
"The Chieftain's Crown now comes with the Ice Hound spell. All existing versions of this hat will upgrade to include this spell card."

ALL versions? That makes sense for higher tiers, but it's very over-powered for the low levels. Why on earth would a level 10 or 20 player get a 7 pip spell?

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
DynamitePunch on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:

Thank you for your post - you said this better than I could have. I have 4 gardens with 32 EMP's in each garden. What a waste of crowns, if the pixie is removed from dead plants. As with all magic, what did it hurt? I spent weeks getting pixie's plants, and letting them die so that I could reap the maximum effect of plant "likes". Oh well, guess we weren't suppsed to do that.

Pixie's on dead plants didn't seem to affect the PvP or PvE. But it does affect me, and the money already spent to have nice EMP gardens.

I too, sometimes wonder why I bother with this game.

Historian
May 06, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Please don't take the Pixies away. We have worked hard to get our gardens working well and this will just set everything back. Those Pixies even on dead plants are a benifit to making our gardens grow better. I have had plants reset to young or in the starting phase of dying without those pixies. Some of those plants are crowns plants and some farmed for.

Even if Second Spring does work, that leaves a lot of gardeners out. Not all of us can afford to spend the crowns or even have the money for crowns. This as has already been stated, has been in the game for quite some time. PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE

Sorry KI but this is totally unfair.
You do not need crowns for Second Spring. Second Spring just takes forever to get to since you need to be Level 15 Gardener. Even without Pixie, I don't think it has a major effect on the garden. I saw on the Wizard101 Central site that Pixie alone only decreases the growth of a plant by -20%. All these likes do is decrease the slow speed of a plant. I have never noticed any big significance to the Pixie, but I do enjoy her stay.

If everyone on this post wants the Pixie to stay on dead plants, you know what? Fine. I doesn't do anything to the way I garden. When I have the time, I prefer and enjoy the slow pace of gardening. I don't need to put in much effort for them. Just remember to take care of them.

But sticking to your second remark, no you don't need any crowns for Second Spring. You can get it with a lot of gold as any Gardening Spell can be gotten. Now if you mean spend crowns to get to Avalon, that is a different story...