Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Miscellaneous Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Sound Updates
Sounds for the Minigames have been improved - play a minigame in the Fairegrounds today and check it out!
Boris Tallstaff has had a bit of a voice change as he matures and takes on more responsibility in the Library.

Window Updates
You can now use your mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out on preview windows such as your backpack preview, or shopping preview windows.

Badge Updates
Lady of the Falling Sky badge and Transcendent Crafter badge should no longer overlap.

Henchmen Updates
Shatter and Pierce have been removed from Henchmen Decks.

Housing Updates
Tribal Hangie housing item is now correctly listed as a Wall Hanging.
Players will no longer be forced to turn and face housing objects when you use them.

Item Updates
Additional Castle Space Elixir has been renamed to Additional Castle Elixir to better reflect that it unlocks a space for an additional Castle space in your inventory.
The Vindicator's Robe can now be correctly dyed orange.
The Recipe for Banded Boots was mislabeled as "High Road Striders" - this has been corrected.
The Chieftain's Crown now comes with the Ice Hound spell. All existing versions of this hat will upgrade to include this spell card.
Wyverns have their voice and their smoke back!

Shopping Updates
Pet snacks will now sell for the correct price when sold in large quantities
Rental Mounts will begin their timer on equip, instead of on purchase. This also means that Rental Mounts will not automatically equip on purchase.

Crafting Updates
Pierce Stanson will no longer automatically give you the recipe for "Seal of the 7 Seas", instead you must now purchase it from him, just as you have to purchase all other quest recipes.

Gardening Updates
Pixies will now disappear from a plant when it dies. Look for a new gardening spell with Charley in Krokotopia!

Chat Updates
Players who chat while in a Pet Minigame will no longer display as their pet name in the chat window

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Woah, hold on there!!!

I have to say, this is a horrible Idea. You have not even fixed the glitch/bug to where new likes effect exsisting plants.

Any seed that has already been planted, any new likes will NOT effect it's growth rate, only exsisting likes will effect the growth rate for newly planted seeds, so unless you have fixed this bug/glitch, I suggest that this "Fix" no be incorperated into the live edition...

Thanks for your time and I am sure many will agree with me. Fix first before you try to change this!

Administrator
I've passed your observations on to the team, however once a plant is dead, it's dead. It shouldn't keep its buffs and bonuses.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Mar 27, 2011
This is a pain. It doesn't make the game better in any way, it just makes gardening more hassle. The "perm pixie" has been a feature for years. Why change it now? We don't care if you feel it "shouldn't" work. It always has, and we like it that way. NO ONE wants it changed.

What about "second spring"? will that keep it? It least that might justify the high cost of that spell.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Dakota Death on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
This is a pain. It doesn't make the game better in any way, it just makes gardening more hassle. The "perm pixie" has been a feature for years. Why change it now? We don't care if you feel it "shouldn't" work. It always has, and we like it that way. NO ONE wants it changed.

What about "second spring"? will that keep it? It least that might justify the high cost of that spell.
Oh that is an excellent question, if anyone knows about second spring and if this will work, please post here! Otherwise, I have to agree with Gooooogle5....

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Apply the "no turning" housing update to plants, too please.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I visit my gardens (six characters, nobody with more than 8 plants total!) two or three (sometimes more) times daily, and they ALWAYS have needs. If I ever skip a need or pest: the next time I'm in there, the plant is sick, even if I'm just using my home as a shortcut to the spiral door. And tending a sick plant resets it to young.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Please don't take the Pixies away. We have worked hard to get our gardens working well and this will just set everything back. Those Pixies even on dead plants are a benifit to making our gardens grow better. I have had plants reset to young or in the starting phase of dying without those pixies. Some of those plants are crowns plants and some farmed for.

Even if Second Spring does work, that leaves a lot of gardeners out. Not all of us can afford to spend the crowns or even have the money for crowns. This as has already been stated, has been in the game for quite some time. PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE

Sorry KI but this is totally unfair.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
This update might make me think about spending anymore $$ on this game. I garden alot i pvp alot. One word, sad.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
I really can't stress enough that removing pixies from dead plants does nothing but make gardening more difficult and less enjoyable. This "fix" is a negative one for all players who garden.
I don't see why this was even put up for consideration.

I get that it being dead should realistically eliminate it from the garden... but why just pixies? In my 4 gardens I have other plants dead for constant likes to my living garden. Following the train of thought with pixies, why not remove those from the picture as well? Then gardening would be one slow, difficult, energy and gold sapping thing altogether.

This is bad.

If like mentioned above second spring worked to replace letting our pixie plants die for active likes then I guess it wouldn't be so bad. Still, more of a hassle than necessary as far as the cost in gold and energy goes.
Not to mention players would need access to Avalon AND already hit rank 15 in gardening. Still too much if you ask me.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
And how does this improve the game? Why is it that bugs that cause us problems seem to stick around forever, but bugs that are an advantage to us get fixed/removed?

Cant that pixie die with the plant and remain there, to be a plant like?
LOL ever hear of FERTLIZER?

Growing tired of this game, and now your nerfing one of the only things that keeps me a paid customer (gardening). If this pattern continues, you'll need to stop spending the 100's of dollars you get from me (because you wont be getting it much longer).

Please reconsider this change, it hurts nothing but your business.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
No! Please don't make this change.

We have been doing it this way for a long time. It causes no problems, no one has complained, and suddenly you change it just because you think it "shouldn't" be that way? I spend a several hundred bucks a year to have fun playing this game. If you make it more hassle than fun, I'll gladly spend it somewhere else. There is no reason to mess with it, and no gain to you. There is a huge loss to us.

My biggest cash investment in this game has been on crown seeds. The things I like to do most are crafting and pets. All of those depend on my gardens. I've invested hours in getting "likes" including Pixies and stting up pots and plots just so. If I am suddenly missing pixies, the timing will go off and plants will die. Live plants with pixies are of no use, because the "like" shows, but it doesn't actually help unless it was there before the other seeds are planted. I'd much rather have a plant that looks nice, so If you can make Pixies work with Second Spring, super, I'll use it, but right now they don't, so the only effective way to use a pixie as a "like" is on a dead plant. That is the system you set up. Don't punish your most dedicated users years after the fact for your error (if that's what it was). Fix Second Spring to keep Pixies if you feel this matters, or make them stay on elders, but don't mess up my existing gardens, Please.
Save our Pixies!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
I've passed your observations on to the team, however once a plant is dead, it's dead. It shouldn't keep its buffs and bonuses.
Sorry Professor Greyrose, but anyone that knows anything about gardening in real life knows that old or dead plants are very beneficial to new plant growth in the form of composte. They actually do keep their buffs and bonuses in a sense. The nutrients provided by the composte improves plant growth, health and production whether it is flowers, vegetables or other plants for landscaping. The Pixies on our dead plants should be considered in the same way as a composte since it is impossible to composte in a virtual game.

I have raised both Vegetable gardens and flower gardens and would not consider planting if I did not have a composte for them. That composte is my Pixies.

Please don't take them away.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Ok, this is a very bad idea.

Professor, isn't this a game of magic? Who says logic has to apply? Instead of thinking just because the plant died any buffs should logically go away with it, why can't we think the pixie is still there trying (even if vainly) to make that plant happy and healthy? My studies on mythology always indicated pixies weren't the brightest creatures in the world anyway. So what does it hurt to leave them on a dead plant?

This has been a glitch that has been around forever and one that hurts KI's revenue in no way. In some ways helps. With this change people may have to reduce the size of their gardens if they want to keep the pixie "like" present at all times. Why you ask? Because the only way around it is to have many plants around your seeds of interest, in various stages of growth, in order to always have one with a pixie on it. So guess what, hmm, I can only put so many plants in my house, guess I won't buy as many EMP or King Parsley or DHE just so I can have that pixie like. As Darthjt noted, the likes have to be in place before you plant the seed in order to have an effect.

If you choose to follow this course, please consider some additional changes to help mitigate the pain and aggravation of the change. 1) Make pixie a "like" for all plants, including the Stinkweed and Grapes of Wrath plants. 2) Make all plants capable of getting a pixie. My EMP's should be able to get pixies so I don't have to plant a bunch of other things just to have a pixie present. 3) Make so that the "like" effect actually occurs as soon as the "like" appears, not that it has to be there first.

One final thought...How many gardeners do you have out there? Even if only 10% of your customers garden, do you really want to upset 2 million customers for something that doesn't hurt anyone? If logic is going to have apply, why not apply it to that thought? I hope you will reconsider this change to the game.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
OK... stop... stop making the game less fun for no reason, or give us a reason. You want to generate more crowns?
  • Make gardening easier not harder, and people will buy more seeds and buy more mana to grow them!
  • Allow feeding snacks directly to pets without forcing us to play a pet game we don't want to, and more people will buy seeds for snacks and... buy the mana refills to grow them!!!
  • Add more quests, at all levels, on existing worlds... love the nostalgia
  • Post unique accomplishments by players/wizards in your news... some of these are features... NOT bugs to be corrected. Invent things to rank players on for the previous 7 days etc
  • GPS feature so that questers can INVITE people/everyone, they don't know on quests to improve teamwork and make friends. If I can just look on a board to see who has a quest request I can just jump to them and we can go
The game dynamics are self correcting... that is the genius of Wizards101. But if you try to dumb down the game to the lowest common denominator than the OCD types like myself are prevented from enjoying the game to its potential. Why not help us help you make the game funner for the newbies?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
I try to view these things from an open mind, not from a selfish point of view ... but SERIOUSLY, KI, what harm is there in having the permanent pixie from plants that have died? Who is that hurting?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
My FIRST reaction to ALL the posted updates was ... why the permanent pixie? Who is this hurting?

There are a lot of people who gardened long before it was popular. I'm one of them. I've noticed that many gardeners like myself, who have been doing it for years just for the sheer pleasure of it, don't tend to complain much. I don't see them making a lot of noise on message boards or hassling KI much.

But now it's time to make some noise! The pixie on the plant was NOT causing any problems. In what way did it harm or take unfair advantage of the game? In what way was KI losing potential profits due to the pixie? In what way did it give unfair advantage to people who had the pixies in their gardens?

I saw that Professor Greyrose DID respond ... but I'm sorry, that response was NOT adequate to those of us who are long-time gardeners. Honestly, I don't NEED the pixie for my garden to survive - I just got my first "permanent pixie" last month. However, I think that puts me in a unique position for commentary - I've gardened for years, and can honestly say that I was NEVER offended by people using dead plants for pixies. I never felt that they were cheating in any way, nor did it make me jealous or insecure, nor did I spend more/less crowns on gardening as a result. Creating my first permanent pixie didn't change my previous attitude toward them.

I really don't think there is reasonable justification to remove this feature.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Professor Greyrose,

I do have respect for you, however, I must kindly disagree with you and state your flaw in this assumption.

First, we are in a world of Magic are we not? Is this not Wizard101?

Secondly, why fix this pixie bug first? You can not tell me I am the first person to ever report my observation and you have no knowledge of it previously. I can hardly believe that....

So the question is really simple, why not fix the bug first, that will allow likes to immediately effect the growth rates of plants first?

The fact that the growth rate is only effected if a like is present when a seed is planted is obviously a bug, why not fix that bug first? This is a really simple and common sense question, why not fix that bug first?

So, for those of you that are saying, oh it's a bug and KI is about fixing bugs, fix the bug that effect us negatively first, before you go fixing the ones that help us... Is it not customer service to keep customers happy and wanting more? Is it customer service to spit in someones food while they are watching and expect them to keep coming back to your resturaunt?

I have always been blunt and spoken my mind Professor, I do not agree with fixing pixies before fixing the real gardening problem, that is not proper etiquette.

Your Pomethean Wizard and Poster,
DarthJT

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Crafting Updates

Pierce Stanson will no longer automatically give you the recipe for "Seal of the 7 Seas", instead you must now purchase it from him, just as you have to purchase all other quest recipes.

1.) Will wizards who already have the recipe be charged for it? What if they don't have enough gold?
2.) He already says he will sell the recipe, so this should clear up some confusion.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Now for the bad news: Taking away pixies is terrible. There is no reason to change it, and you are taking away a feature many of us enjoy.

That will reduce satisfaction, lower customer retention, and lower sales of crown plants - all bad for KI business and for us.

It wasn't a "bug" since it didn't cause problems. It may have been unintended, but so what? We like it!

I am crafting a new castle and was about to buy 24 more crown plants. Now I won't, because I'll need that energy to keep pixies on my existing gardens. So you've lost 24x1250 crowns - about $35 - from me alone this week. That's very bad business.

Please keep the Pixies!

Hero
May 02, 2009
grahambhg on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Crafting Updates

1.) Will wizards who already have the recipe be charged for it? What if they don't have enough gold?
2.) He already says he will sell the recipe, so this should clear up some confusion.
He won't charge for it since those players/wizards already got the recipe before this update occurred. This only applies to people/wizards who haven't gotten that recipe yet, so there's that.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Can you please give us an explanation of why you are removing the pixie from dead plants when it has been like that for so long now.
I wonder if you realise that likes only assist a plant in its growth cycle if they are achieved before the seeds are planted? This "fix" is going to set gardeners back horrendously and it is an extremely unpopular decision.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2010
I think this is a great idea. Keep up the good work KI

Survivor
Oct 07, 2011
i don't want to be disrespectful Ki but what are we ( players that don't pvp) going to do :(. I am a faithful customer I have done Azteca and i don't what to do now ( i am tired of pvp and gardening isn't too funny). Please respond :(

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BELGRIM 101 on Apr 5, 2013 wrote:
I think this is a great idea. Keep up the good work KI
Are you aware of the effect this is going to have on the gardeners that garden for reagents such as Amber, TCs that are needed whether for crafting or for wizarding use and the pet snacks needed to train, especially Megas that are not easy to get unless you use crowns to buy certan seeds or farm for them? Taking the Pixies away without first fixing a bug that was already there is not beneficial to the players or to KI.

It seems that some don't care that those likes have to be in place before the seeds are planted. A minor glitch that harms no one nor can be exploited. Getting those Pixies in place takes time and energy. Even on those plants that are more likely to get a pixie. Bad move KI.