Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gardening white tiger lily/ potted cat tail

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
Hi! First time to post, so sorry if I have this in the wrong place :)

I have been farming oakheart to try and get a potted cat tail to drop. I need the potted cat tail to place around my white tiger lily (that's why I put this post in crafting and gardening)

Today I had defeated him around 4 or 5 times when he just stopped dropping ANYTHING. After four or five more times of him not dropping anything, I started trying to see if this had happened to anyone else. My backpack is not full, and I changed realms, logged out and in - anything that I thought might help and nothing...

Have any of you experienced this?

As far as actually acquiring the potted cat tail (UGH...) I've camped out in the bazaar over and over and over, and farmed oakheard quite a lot for a long time now (over a month) any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I could swear a wraith type boss in moosu dropped potted cattail. It is down a side path just before the broken bridge that leads to... the tree of life? I forget
It is in the area with the bridge you cant' cross without catching a spirit.

I know that I didn't get mine from oak heart... but this was over a year ago.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
when you look up the potted cat tail, on wizard101 central - oakheart is the only one listed that drops it. I still haven't got one. hehe Oakheart is in mooshu though.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
IamDeidre on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
when you look up the potted cat tail, on wizard101 central - oakheart is the only one listed that drops it. I still haven't got one. hehe Oakheart is in mooshu though.
I too farmed Oakheart for the potted cat tail. It was very frustrating. I got 7 treant pets from him before I got that darn plant. I thought i was going to have a walking forest in my house before I got that plant. My only advice to you is to keep trying. Eventually he will drop it.

As for not getting drops...Did you happen to feed your pet during your farming? If so, that could be the reason your drops was not showing. This often happens if you get xp from the last item you fed your pet. You can correct the problem by feeding your pet something that gives TC, reagent, or gold. You can also exit completely out of the game and relaunch.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Now he drops nothing? Weird... He drops the crabbling pet fyi I read on central only oakheart drops it. But you can also try camping in the bazaar to see if anyone sells it then quickly purcahse it. Although that may not be so affective... I also read the white tiger lily likes other things too! Try farming for those instead if you are having the worst luck with oakheart Hope you get it soon!!!

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:White_Tiger_Lily

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
strawberry13245, I have camped in the bazaar, as I'm writing this - my wizard is sitting in the bazaar ha ha. I have all the other things that white tiger lily like though, like blue yarn and the gnome and even planted the dandelion beside them ha ha. :) I will get it eventually I'm sure, but it just takes a LONG TIME. ha ha on a positive note, I did farm a boss in mooshu for a spell (ninja pigs) and I got it! :O so I know farming does eventually work ha ha.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
Hello, first time here! Well, posting that is. OK, This is my first time around, I have a death wiz. Fun, I love it. I Get to Avalon, and discover that I really, really, really want the Deer Knight Spell. (tried hatching with my ghost dragon to get the pet... no luck) that is ok, I love my ghost dragon (she gives me spritely, 10% shield, Blade and she just takes good care of me) ... I will get the Amber and craft the spell! Fun times ..

OK, no problem. I take up gardening! I love gardening! White Tiger Lillys, Red Bell Pepper, and King Parsley! Got to make them happy so I have to get the proper items that they love!

OK, I become a 'Legendary Artisan' Yes! Good Job Me! OK got to get the proper things to make my KP and WTL and RBP happy! Craft a Star Chalice, Get a Bubbling Cauldron, My blue yarn, Several gnomes, pixies everywhere. All I need now is a blasted Potted Cattail! Camp out at the Bazaar! Not going well, I guess I do it the old fashioned way.. go farm Oakheart. After all the research I did, I found him! Can't get in? I missed something? OK, ran around all morning, finally found Wavebringer and he has an exclamation point!! ?? YAY! Finally make it to Oakheart!

Sigh of relief, I mark my spot (because it took me all day to find him) Tomorow I will farm him for my Potted Cattail!

Next Day... :( I tried to figure it out. I averaged about 3 minutes to go in defeat go out and come back. I was there from 11:00 am - 4:00 pm with a break of maybe an hour. (yes, I wanted it that bad) So I killed him and his buddy close to 100 times before I got it!

Finally, garden is happy! Everybody loves everybody and all are happy! So, ummm where is the Amber?

Seriously? This whole Amber thing is taking the fun out of my gaming experience!! I don't even know if the blasted spell is worth it now at this point!!! I really do not understand why it is so unattainable! I get the idea it shouldn't be easy, but really folks? Come on!

Discouraged!
Destiny MoonBlood
Level 78 Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
To tabimc: Oh my gosh you sound just like me! Ok so anyway, from what I've learned about putting stuff around them that they like: it only makes them mature quicker...not have a better chance of dropping amber *sigh* I know. Haha. I do tower of the helephant a lot to try and get white tiger lily (since one of the system admin said white tiger lily have the best chance of dropping amber). I have five amber so far, got one from a deadly ninja fig today :O. Woot! If it was easy, it would be boring I suppose. Haha I would like it if it were a SMALL bit less difficult though. Good luck to you and hang in there :)

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
To: Dsmenter, LOL well... I am glad i am not alone anyway Yes, I just found out that Deadly Ninjas are good source. So, I crafted Deco Gong, weapons rack, and Bamboo Fountain! Ha ha ha. I split up each plant source between 3 of my wizzys. Life Girl has the WTL and Dandies, Balance has Helephant ears, and KP duty , and Death Girl has the DNFs and Boom Shrooms. All have their favorite furniture, gnomes, pixies etc. I am a little sad that none of the crafted items I worked so hard on, boost the amber drop chance At least I am confident, I have done every possible thing under the sun. No Amber yet, but wishfully hoping.

Look me up if you want to do Helephant Tower together, I have never done it. I only have 5 WTL, getting them from Bazaar is next to impossible.

Destiny MoonBlood
Level 78 Necromancer

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
Yep. I'm so tired of helephant. Most people who get in there think they know it all, and end up not knowing much of anything ha ha. White tiger lily are just so hard to come by, and I can get deadly ninja figs while I farm for stinking potted cat tail, (that's what I'm doing right this moment haha) I still only have 5 amber. I'm persistent though, and I will NOT GIVE UP! :D

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
Since last reply, I tried HT with some friends and you are right... LOL we know nothing!! I just buy my NF's in Nordrilund and RBP's, and WTL in Bazaar when I can. Update: 5 Amber :D YAY!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Just had to login and post to say that Tabimc describes me!

In my quest for Amber, I find it easier to buy red bell peppers from the bazaar and pick up the occasional white tiger lilly. I can maintain two large red bell pepper farms without running out of energy. They are also the fastest to elder and I can hold 29 plants in each farm. The deadly ninja figs can be purchased so they are easy to maintain, but the rank 5 pests

So far it takes me two rounds to kill Oakheart and I have killed him twenty times so far and no potted cat tail. I also learned I missed a couple of side quests (like you) and had to chase those down. There needs to be more than one source for this potted plant.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I have been religiously farming king parsley for several months. I currently have over 150 KP and have elder harvested a couple hundred times. I estimate a 2-4% drop rate. I had 1 amber from the KP. I went for an entire month without any amber and I thought maybe KP no longer dropped. Then I suddenly got 4 more. Since then I haven't got anymore.

I have a bunch of the plant likes (gnome, cauldron, chalice, helephant ears) at each garden, but I believe they only effect growth rate, not the drops. Cultivating from my original 10 plants I estimate acquiring 12 amber to be a 6 month project.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
definitely a 6 month project! I'm farming oakheart (BORING) right now. Just decided to drop in and post lol :) I still only have 6 amber.
I've probably farmed oakheart 15 times this evening. I get so tired of this lol

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
I'll give everyone one guess who I'm farming right now. sigh

hehe :)

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
After a long long long long time, and tons of battles - I finally got one potted cattail :D Who's excited? this chick! haha

yes, I know you are probably looking at me like I'm this guy >>

and the look on my face is probably close hahaha :)

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Got the Potted Cat Tail after like 30 tries. Now I have to hunt down the wavebringer for the bubbling cauldron. It looks like i have to do the dungeon for each try??

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
you have to restart the dungeon for wavebringer? I thought he popped back up automatically. That's AWFUL if you have to do the dungeon each time to fight him, WOW! I would try going into that one place where you fight the oni and coming back out. See if he's there by just changing areas. Good luck :)

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
I did get that potted cattail, but what I did was farm him once then went somewhere else to farm something else. This help break up the constant boredom of farming for one item over and over. So, if you got something else to farm for go do that after farming Oakheart and then come back. It'll make it less "painful".

Hunter WillowGrove

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

I was lucky and got one potted cat tail from bazaar and the other from Oakheart after a full day of battles with him.

My gear allows me to get 144 pet energy. I am hoping I am at maximum tomorrow morning. I intend to plant 144 White Tiger Lily first thing. I will have to buy energy (already bought the elixir to raise house limit) to do it but if everything works out I will have enough snacks to take a couple of pets to mege.

Also hoping for Amber, this will give me an idea of how good White Tiger Lily drops it.

I am growing inside the farm house so I do not get Farm LIKE, how strange is that? I know people will say you are not using the dirt from the farm (outside), but I use pots outside with non-farm dirt and get the farm LIKE.

I do have

Blue Ball of Yarn
Potted Cat Tail
Orange Dandelion (Will let it die)
Gnome
Pixie (Will summon on regular Tiger Lily)

Also have provided for 2 regular Tiger lily for Pixie attraction. I planted one this morning, hope to cast summon pixie tonight and be fully recharged by morning. When it is half way from mature to elder I will plant second regular Tiger Lily, always trying to keep pixie LIKE.

You can get Potted Cat Tail, but it will be as hard as farming Couch Potato in GH and almost as hard as Evil Magma Peas in AV, be prepared to test your patience.

Good Luck

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

Was in Bazaar, guess what, got another potted cat tail.

Good Luck