Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Purpose of game boards/pieces

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
I've seen all kinds of game boards and pieces available to be put your property but I've not been able to figure out how to play them. Is the purpose for decoration only? If it is, KI you really should make them playable. Opens up options for new badges, ways to win drops etc. Plus with games like chess, it teaches logic skills that can be applied in real life games.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Kimberly Mistheart on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
I've seen all kinds of game boards and pieces available to be put your property but I've not been able to figure out how to play them. Is the purpose for decoration only? If it is, KI you really should make them playable. Opens up options for new badges, ways to win drops etc. Plus with games like chess, it teaches logic skills that can be applied in real life games.
They are for decoration only.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Yea, I came up with some games and rules for the games:

Chess, 2 players, if a person quits out, it is NOT counted as a win for the other person.
Badge for 50 wins: Chess Master. Badge for 100 wins: Chess Ruler. Badge for 200 wins (last badge) Chess Warlord

Checkers, same as chess, but Checkers Master, Checkers Ruler, Checkers Warlord

War, way to win: run other players cards all out. Badge for 50 wins: Fighter Badge for 100 wins: Warmonger
Badge for 200 wins: Warlord

If you can come up with any other games, that would be good. And, when you get the 200 wins for each game, you get a badge like, Game Overlord

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
They are sadly only for decoration. I do love to play chess, and I'm along with you. I agree they should make those pieces interactive. Chess would be a very cool, new addition to the game.
~Shannon Skybreaker