Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

yah or no?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
Hello,I am in Azteca and i am wondering if waterworks gear is still best for fire in this world i am level 88 fire?
please answer

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Alot of controversy on this topic. You must find out by mixing everything together what gives your playstyle the best stats. In my opinion for fire none of the ww gear is worth anything in azteca.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Lolilikepie565 on Feb 27, 2013 wrote:
Hello,I am in Azteca and i am wondering if waterworks gear is still best for fire in this world i am level 88 fire?
please answer
I am a Promethean Pyromancer and I will happily answer your question:

This is the gear I use the most:

Hat: Waterworks
Cape: Waterworks
Boots: Crafted Fire/Ice
Wand: Hungry Caiman's Staff
Athame: Courtly Dirk
Amulet: If not Life Mastery, Horrizon of Undercharm World
Ring:
Pet: I like having my pet with both resistances

Hope that helped!

Survivor
Sep 07, 2010
Waterworks gear is good, but not necessarily best for high level gaming. It is always your choice when selecting gear, to employ the best gear for YOUR particular fighting style. For example, I might take off my Lexicon blade temporarily for one or 2 bosses, to employ a blade with a different attribute. But I never sell it. Most of the best wizards I know have kept their waterworks gear for certain uses, but wear something else for added shielding, or other attributes.

There is no clearcut yes or no answer to your question. You simply must compare the gear and choose the one that YOU like.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
please answer
I would suggest taking your wardrobe and start equiping things until you get the numbers your need. If your really serious you can use a tablet and write down the configurations to find what will be the best combination.
I dont think waterworks gear is good after like level 70-75.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i would say yes.

here is my gear (i am level 90 balance):

Hat: waterworks
Cape: waterworks
Boots: greenwarden's energetic boots.
Wand: winter palace spikeleaf sword
Athame: olyphant's storied scimitar (working on golden eagle's razor beak/azteca crafted);
Amulet: great wild wood pendant
Ring: nameless ring
Pet: therizinosaurus with proof, fairy, sprite, and add balance

hope this helps, sort of.

-von

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
No. Just the boots are good.

Azteca Robe
Avalon Hat/Waterworks (Your choice really)

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
please answer
hehehe WW gear does work for schools that aren't really about resist like death,fire,storm,myth,or even balance (sometimes) so it's good for your school but Why not only wear the robe and hat but wear stronger boots with help of pet resist xD

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
please answer
Waterworks with Crafted Gear. Combo it based on how you play.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
craft gear is the best gear in the game. however, in azteca, you may want to wear craft robe/boots while wearing waterworks hat for even resist. if you dont want to wear the robe, at least wear the boots!!!!
paige sandpetal, lvl 90 paige skullpetal lvl 90 paige frostpetal lv 84