Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Decorating Castles/Land & Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I am sure this was mentioned by others before but haven't been able to find much on part of it but one post that is locked from long ago. I also realized that for many this is not important to them and it doesn't bother them. I enjoy collecting and decorating the houses/castles/lands that I have. It is fun for me and a feature of the game that I really like. But I am finding some of it very limiting.

Outside Walls: I don't understand why we are not able to hang stuff outside of the house/castle like lights, banners, posters, signs and such. It was a huge let down to me when I realized I couldn't do that with the Metropolitan Manor. I really do hope that KI will reconsider this and make some changes so that we are able to hand stuff on outside walls.

Massive Fantasy Castle: I got this as a bundle a while ago and have finally started to decorate the place. I had this wonderful idea of having a market place area along the long huge path, but to my dismay, I am not allowed to place nothing there even if the area on the grass has enough space for me to put something. To me it is a huge waste of space now that I can't do nothing with except to run through it to get to the back of the castle. And like mentioned before you can't hang anything on the outside walls, like banners that would look really cool hanging there. I do hope that KI will considers fixing this so we can decorate along the long path.

Grizzleheim Boat: This item was a freebie that you collect and I think it is really cool looking. When you get the boat it is in the water. I was so excited to get it and was going to place in in the water in my Grizzleheim Watchtower, but then discovered that I couldn't. That was a bummer. So I had to set it on the grass and then when placing it there, it looks like the boat sunk into the ground and grass is growing in the inside of it. I think it would be really nice if KI could fix it so that it can be placed in the water where it should be, but if that is totally not possible at least not have the boat sink into the ground and have grass growing in it.

Books: I know you can buy stacking books, I have several of them, but it would be nice if the single books were stackable. Or that you could rotate them to stand up on a book shelf. I like collecting the many different titles of books that my character would be studying.

Furniture: I realize this is probably the least likely one to happen, but my friend and I were both commenting on it last night and am going to add it anyways. We have all these awesome chairs, sofas, beds, pillows and we can't sit down on them. I think it would be a cool idea that you can walk up to the chair, click on it and choose to sit on it and see your character sitting on the chair and other furniture that can be sat on. It would even be neat to be able to have your character sit on the ground.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
There are several glitches you can do that will let you place items in the water and even half way through walls. You can find guides at wizard101central.

By using these glitches i have placed boats in the water, my MB car on a road, and other neat little tricks. It does take a lot of practice.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
I like how your post is organized. A+!

OK, for the outside walls, I perfectly agree.

Massive Fantasy Place: I do not own one, but from my visits, I have trouble to see which place you are talking about. I am sorry.

Boat: I'll have to do some research on the Central to know which is item you are talking about. Can you please send me a link at the Central?

Books: Agreed

Furniture: This has been posted before, I do know what the others will say about this but I do not think it will happen.

I'm sorry if my post wasn't that helpful, but that was the most I could do.

#

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
Thanks for telling me about the glitches and will have to go to Wizard101Central to check that out.

Massive Fantasy Place: The area that I am talking about is when you first go there, off to the right there is an archway that has a long cobblestone pathway that winds to the back of the castle. It has wide areas of grass on both sides of the path and to the left of the path is the water moat and to the right is the fortress wall. I thought it would be cool to make like a market place along there for different vendors, like a book sell, food vendor, and such. But it would not let me put anything there. Maybe I might once I figure out what the glitch tricks that were mentioned.

I figured most of this has been mentioned before and KI will not make any changes on it (but I can hope), but had to post anyway to help vent some of my frustration with decorating. *smiles* Thank you both for replying.

Explorer
Jul 25, 2011
Linsilee Moonwillo... on Feb 26, 2013 wrote:
I am sure this was mentioned by others before but haven't been able to find much on part of it but one post that is locked from long ago. I also realized that for many this is not important to them and it doesn't bother them. I enjoy collecting and decorating the houses/castles/lands that I have. It is fun for me and a feature of the game that I really like. But I am finding some of it very limiting.

Outside Walls: I don't understand why we are not able to hang stuff outside of the house/castle like lights, banners, posters, signs and such. It was a huge let down to me when I realized I couldn't do that with the Metropolitan Manor. I really do hope that KI will reconsider this and make some changes so that we are able to hand stuff on outside walls.

Massive Fantasy Castle: I got this as a bundle a while ago and have finally started to decorate the place. I had this wonderful idea of having a market place area along the long huge path, but to my dismay, I am not allowed to place nothing there even if the area on the grass has enough space for me to put something. To me it is a huge waste of space now that I can't do nothing with except to run through it to get to the back of the castle. And like mentioned before you can't hang anything on the outside walls, like banners that would look really cool hanging there. I do hope that KI will considers fixing this so we can decorate along the long path.

Grizzleheim Boat: This item was a freebie that you collect and I think it is really cool looking. When you get the boat it is in the water. I was so excited to get it and was going to place in in the water in my Grizzleheim Watchtower, but then discovered that I couldn't. That was a bummer. So I had to set it on the grass and then when placing it there, it looks like the boat sunk into the ground and grass is growing in the inside of it. I think it would be really nice if KI could fix it so that it can be placed in the water where it should be, but if that is totally not possible at least not have the boat sink into the ground and have grass growing in it.

Books: I know you can buy stacking books, I have several of them, but it would be nice if the single books were stackable. Or that you could rotate them to stand up on a book shelf. I like collecting the many different titles of books that my character would be studying.

Furniture: I realize this is probably the least likely one to happen, but my friend and I were both commenting on it last night and am going to add it anyways. We have all these awesome chairs, sofas, beds, pillows and we can't sit down on them. I think it would be a cool idea that you can walk up to the chair, click on it and choose to sit on it and see your character sitting on the chair and other furniture that can be sat on. It would even be neat to be able to have your character sit on the ground.
as for the mfp (massive fantasy palace) i own one s i know about it as i also own all the other bundles,simply put it on the sides like you did and take some thing off the corner. as for sitting on chairs i know the secret but it would probably be a spoiler or something but select to move the item then walk into it then place it in that spot, not exactly sitting but just walk too the edge of the furniture and it'll look like your sitting -use this with tents!-
hope this helped.