Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm stuck in Dragonspyre, too hard!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
Hey,

I'm level 48 fire now and in dragonspyre in the necropolis area, and it's getting too difficult for me! I keep dying lately and I have my new level 48 spell too...

I already did all quests, even the side-quests in the areas I went to , so now I don' t know how to level further to get stronger. I got level 45+ gear as well, so I'm totally confused :(

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
You should ask for help. I didn't do the whole dragonspyre solo. Maybe someone did it, but they is maybe very good in strategy. Ask a friend for help.

Jonathan Frogheart - Ice Wizard

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
thanks but the problem is I don't have any real life friends who play this game or know anyone in the game who would help me :(

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Jessicaks1989 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
thanks but the problem is I don't have any real life friends who play this game or know anyone in the game who would help me :(
There is a lot of help available from the fansites. Here is one link in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

You can post on the fansites and ask for help there.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Just throwing it out there, this dragonspyre is nothing...
The old dragonspyre, THAT was the real challenge. 325 exp for killing 24 enemies on a quest >.>

Developer
Hello young Wizard, perhaps I can offer some assistance.

A wizard's deck and spell selection is of the utmost importance. May I ask what spells you commonly place in your deck?

In addition to the spells themselves, the number of each card you place in your deck is very important as that affects the likelihood of which cards will appear in your hand each round. The longer you must wait for the spell you need, the more opportunities you give your enemies to defeat you!

Think carefully when choosing your spells. What spells will be your primary means to defeat your enemies? Do you have a way to defend and heal yourself?

Also, is there a specific enemy you are having difficultly with?

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
yes I have good gear, always get a high target point to not fizzle and attack and I have all my armors in the deck as well as many good spells. I'm fire so I got a few dragons, a few oni etc...

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Hey,

I'm level 48 fire now and in dragonspyre in the necropolis area, and it's getting too difficult for me! I keep dying lately and I have my new level 48 spell too...

I already did all quests, even the side-quests in the areas I went to , so now I don' t know how to level further to get stronger. I got level 45+ gear as well, so I'm totally confused :(
Being a solo player myself I can relate to your situation. Friends can be difficult to come by and those who have them to call on don't understand that many of us do not. When my original friends left the game I found it almost impossible to replace them with reliable players to quest with and ended up solo.

I take all main and side quests though out the spiral to better prepare me - you can back track for them if needed - this will give you more fight experience on monsters you can defeat too. Gear selection can be hard because you have to balance health, damage, pips etc. There is a lot to choose from now. It comes down to doing the math every where.

For our Fire we are finding maybe Ice to Tower Shield maybe practical - if you have 5 training points, otherwise they are in Treasure Card form. Deck set up is critical - for mobs we are now down to 9-12 spells in our deck max, for boss 15-18, always carry at least one sprite in each deck if you set up 2 like we do. We put a few treasure cards in the sideboards as back up - you can also train for 1 training point Reshuffle from the vendor on Colossus Blvd. or buy the treasure cards of it. If you are uncomfortable about reducing your spells try fighting and realizing which spells you are discarding to get to the ones you use.

At level 48 don't waste power pips on any secondary spells you may have gotten - unless you have the amulet for them. Altho you do have higher pip spells now, think of your Meteor Shower as you go to spell to get things done. A few bladed showers can be put out faster then waiting for something higher in pips. Having a pet with Spritely has also been a big help for all our wizards.

Developer
Young Wizard, I will first offer you congratulations on acquiring your Fire Dragon spell. Fire Dragon is a very powerful spell that will serve you well now and for long time to come. I know many fellow Fire wizards that use Fire Dragon as their main spell while questing.

brwac has offered excellent advice on constructing your deck. When facing multiple enemies, an area-of-effect spell (AoE) such as Fire Dragon will be the quickest means for defeating them both at once. In many situations, you may be able to get by with Fire Dragon as the only attack spell in your deck. Meteor Strike is also a good backup.

In addition to Fireblade, you may also want to train the Balance spell Elemental Blade, which will stack with your Fireblade. Since Fire Dragon requires 7 pips to cast, you want to make sure you maximize its damage when you are ready to cast.

For Shields, pay close attention to the school of enemy you will be facing next and change your shields accordingly. Tower Shield is good against all damage types whereas school-specific shields will offer more protection.

If I may be so bold, here is a possible deck combination you could try:

Fire Dragon x6
Fireblade x4
Elemental Blade x3
Meteor Strike 3
Sprite x3 or 4
shield x4 (depending on enemy school)

Against bosses, you could add Helephant, some Fire Traps, or spells like Wyldfyre and Fuel. Fuel is very useful with damage-over-time spells (DoTs) such as Fire Dragon because the damage each round will be increased by each trap.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
That's brilliant thank you so much for all your help! :) It kind of got easier when I rearranged my deck and got a level up(now at 50). It's still challenging but that's what I like about the game ;)

Thanks again to everyone's help!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Hey,

Dragonspyre, too hard? You're going to LOVE celestia. It get so much easier, in DS (Dragonspyre) I barely lost health, but in Celestia, I nearly died because I forgot my heals!

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I am also having an problem in dragonspyre. I can't seem too be able defeat the bosses by I can go for street creatures. I am a level 46 master pyromancer. My guess is that fire dragon will help me a lot. Grizzleheim should be easy enough but the experience is very low compared to mooshu or dragonspyre. If you could give me some advice for raising my level I would appreciate it.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2011
Hey,

get some friends to help you

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Hey,

I am feeling Dragonspyre is too hard too. I am Level 46 Life.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
If you are having trouble with an area, try battling or joining battles to see if anyone is in the same quest as you, I did that and I ran into my partner for all of dragonspyre ... hopefully.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
My Fire once had that problem, but when I figured out how to balance a deck for average street battles I went by the next few worlds fast. I like to call it my "Quick Attack" deck, as it has only the blades and traps i need to kill.
(This deck will be small because I only need a few spells to blade up and attack)

FireBlade x3
Dragon x4
Meteor x3
Elemental x3
Pixie x2

These spells combined with attack boosts and damage increase will prove effective. Also if you need to add shields or an extra heal or two. But don't use this set up for bosses, because you will quickly run out of spells.

PS: If you want to add a reshuffle just incase you discard the wrong card.