Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How long does it take you guys to progress?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 22, 2012
Hey fellow Wizard101-ers
I was just wondering how long it took an average wizard to progress in the game. Like, I am a level 52 fire wizard, and I've been playing almost exactly a year. Of course, as I am still at school, I only really play properly in the holidays. So, how long has it taken you guys? Just curious here.
Look forward to hearing from you!

Sierra Ashblood, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
It depends on how often and how much you play the game. I have been playing for 4 years and I'm in Avalon.if you do it alone it might take you a while, but if you have friends you'll progress faster. Everyone goes at a different pace in every world.

Erica ShadoRunner lvl 77 Balance~ over and out

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
sierraisonfire on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
Hey fellow Wizard101-ers
I was just wondering how long it took an average wizard to progress in the game. Like, I am a level 52 fire wizard, and I've been playing almost exactly a year. Of course, as I am still at school, I only really play properly in the holidays. So, how long has it taken you guys? Just curious here.

On my first wizard I was quite some time getting her to a higher level but I had a lot more friends then and did a lot more helping then my own questing which I did solo mainly. Back then leveling didn't seem to be such a focus in finishing the game off as fast as you can but it was more fun to just play the game. I also spent more time on side things like pets and gardening back when they were just for fun not to obtain things from them you have to have for another thing. I was about a yr and 1/2 to get to level 80 I'd say.

Now as the game has advanced and grown beyond my wants and needs and all my original friends have left a long time ago, questing is about all I do. I have 2 family members I help and quest with. I spend a lot less time playing the game and like the first arc only so getting to level 55-60 goes faster and is about all I do before I start again with another wizard. With only a few hours game play here and there it takes about 3-6 mos. to get there.

Mary and all her Gems

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Well ive been playing a little over 2 years i think and i have a few level 90's and a scattered amount of other toons from 29-68 on 2 accounts. And i dont play a ton but i try to be on a few times a week for a few hours when i can.
It all depends on the time you have. Someone that can play for several hours a day for a few days in a row can complete a world in about 3 hours-3 days . And if you use dual acct,friends,family or crown henchman that time is reduced by a good bit.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Great question! it took me about 3-4 months to reach lvl80 balance in azteca quest nonstop get friends to help through all worlds! you will get there

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
It took me from February until now to get to lvl 48. But I had a friend who got there in 2 months.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sierraisonfire on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
Hey fellow Wizard101-ers

Depends on your life. Me, personally~ I'm a single adult with no kids, am not in school, and have unlimited access to the interwebz, meaning that my alone-time is mine and I can give the game my undivided attention if I choose to.

When I started playing (in February 2011), I had work commitments and was only on a couple of times a week~ it took me about 6 months to reach the then-level cap of 60. From October 2011-2012, I was unable to work due to a severe injury and spent most of my days in the Spiral... and, by July 2012, my Balance and Death wizards were both archmages and mostly done with Avalon. Balance is now in Azteca and 2 levels away from Promethean~ but,I went back to work full-time in November and don't have as much time to commit to the game.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
Like some have said, it depends on how much you play. I have a level 31 wizard101 who is in Marleybone and it took me just about a couple of weeks. I've also made some other wizards, but i'm not playing with them that much so I guess level 31 for them will be in 6 months or so...

Oh, and I get a lot of time to play. Wait, that's not right, I get a LOAD! I can play nearly the whole day and during that time, I guess I usually gain 2 or 3 levels (maybe 4 if i'm lucky ).

Cody DragonShield, Level 31 Fire Wizard.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2008
it took me about 3 to 4 weeks to get to lvl 50 on my ice account

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I am only level 49 and I have been playing since wizard 101 first started.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Well, to the left you can see when i started... i'm level 60 and i took a half a year long break. Hope that helps!

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
It took me like two years to get my ice character to 43 but I also had a very big break from wizard 101.

Jordan IceFlame lvl 45 Ice

Survivor
May 17, 2012
Hmm...I took about 2 months or so to get 1/3 through maleybone but I'm forced to only play in my spare time... But I think I'm focusing too much on storyline quests and when I take a side quest I either ignore it for a while until I want to do it or if I need more exp. quickly. Maybe I just really want to get to celestia fast.