Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No discount coupon yet

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
This is a copy of a post I made on wizard101central.com:

There are other posts about "not being happy with the amount of the discount", and about "the code not working when trying to use it".

But this is about "no discount coupon received yet".

I have been in touch with KI more than once about problems with e-mail notifications. I am told that my e-mails are being bounced back, and there was a flag on my account. I have had to verify my e-mail address more than one time with KI, and have always been told that it was reset and I should be receiving e-mail notifications.

The latest response from KI told me that there is a problem with comcast blocking their promotional notifications, and they are bounced back to KI. KI's solution was to tell me to use a different e-mail carrier.

Even though my e-mail address is comcast.net, my defautl e-mail carrier is Microsoft Outlook.

As of today, I have not received the promotional e-mail with the discount coupon. Once again, I wlll contact KI, and I am sure they will respond, apologize, and hopefully, send a discount coupon in a return e-mail.

But this will not fix the e-mail notification problem that KI has. It is a "band-aid" solution. And according to other posts on here, this problem happened last year too. I don't understand why they can't fix this.

Message sent with all due respect to KI and their Support Team, but I am at the end of my frustration with this e-mail blocking/bounceback issue.

Sincerely, AluarMist (and Honeybee313).

(Note: I also did a "search" at the top of the Message Boards page, and I found posts from this exact same problem last year too. )

Honeybee313

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Did you try a different email carrier? Microsoft Outlook is not an email carrier, it is only a different way to view your email's from the carrier. It sounds like there might be issues with Comcast. Have you tried using a free Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo email account to see if that helps?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Oran of Urz on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
Did you try a different email carrier? Microsoft Outlook is not an email carrier, it is only a different way to view your email's from the carrier. It sounds like there might be issues with Comcast. Have you tried using a free Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo email account to see if that helps?
I use Hotmail, and I have yet to see my coupon~ I've never had issues with communication from KI before, so am wondering if this promo is for American players only.

Defender
May 11, 2012
I haven't received my discount coupon either. I do use Comcast for my email, and I have checked to make sure the emails from KI are getting through (they weren't, so I fixed it). I want to use the coupon to buy myself a Christmas present, so I hope it will be coming soon.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
Oran of Urz on Dec 18, 2012 wrote:
FYI, As of several months ago Microsoft changed it's web based email portal (which was previously used for @hotmail and @msn email addresses) to a 'new' product they called 'Outlook'. Yes, this is very confusing since their Microsoft Office email program is also called 'Outlook'. The old email addresses still work through this new 'Outlook'.

So (as I mentioned in another thread) I never seem to have problems getting any other emials from KingsIsle delivered to my hotmail address, including one announcing the '12 days' promo... But I have still not gotten an email with a discount. Hope they can work this one out. If they do I will be spending some money.

Administrator
You can request a discount code by sending an email to support@wizard101.com and use the subject "Discount Code Request"

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
You can request a discount code by sending an email to support@wizard101.com and use the subject "Discount Code Request"
Thank you, Prof. Greyrose~ sent!

"O HAI KINGSISLE! I've never had communication issues with you guys before, but I haven't received my discount coupon yet (which makes me sad, because I wanted to buy crowns for Christmas) and Prof. Greyrose said that you guys can hook me up with one. Oh yeah, and give Malistaire a big fan-girl hug for me!"

Peace, love, and fruitcake to all of you!
-von

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
rbrown3333 on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
FYI, As of several months ago Microsoft changed it's web based email portal (which was previously used for @hotmail and @msn email addresses) to a 'new' product they called 'Outlook'. Yes, this is very confusing since their Microsoft Office email program is also called 'Outlook'. The old email addresses still work through this new 'Outlook'.

So (as I mentioned in another thread) I never seem to have problems getting any other emials from KingsIsle delivered to my hotmail address, including one announcing the '12 days' promo... But I have still not gotten an email with a discount. Hope they can work this one out. If they do I will be spending some money.
Microsoft Outlook is the client program to view any emails from any provider/email carrier. It doesn't provide email service.

Outlook.com is the combined and former hotmail/msn email provider.

Regardless, that doesn't seem to be the issue since you pointed out receiving other promotional emails and didn't change any settings. Also, Prof. Greyrose posted an alternative way to receive the discount coupon (sending an email to support and asking).

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I disapprove as well. I had wanted to buy a crowns block while the promotional was still going on.

I understand these things can take a few days, but if it's going to be a much, much longer than that, it is not hard to simply say "Wait a couple of weeks" up front, or to make an announcement about what the holdup is.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
Oran of Urz on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
Microsoft Outlook is the client program to view any emails from any provider/email carrier. It doesn't provide email service.

Outlook.com is the combined and former hotmail/msn email provider.

Regardless, that doesn't seem to be the issue since you pointed out receiving other promotional emails and didn't change any settings. Also, Prof. Greyrose posted an alternative way to receive the discount coupon (sending an email to support and asking).
Kingurz,

You are correct. I did not state what I meant very clearly. I was just pointing out that by saying 'Outlook' someone could have been referring to the new face of the hotmail/msn email provider. So much for attempting to clear up confusion.

Anyway, thanks Professor Greyrose!
Discount Code Request" Email sent (Through Outlook.com fyiw.)