Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lv58 Efreet Quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
I'm trying to beat the boss sothmekhet using shields, my minion, and beating the storm guy quickly, but I don't win does anyone have strategies?

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
What I did was get gear that gave me lots of damage boost, and power pip. Put lots of heck hounds in your deck (as many copies you can). Some efreet treasure cards may help. Use a full-power-pip heck hound as many times as you can, and perhaps with critical. You may consider healing in between attacks. If you wish to use efreet tc you can use them.

Happy Questing :P

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 71 Fire

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
get a life henchman from the crowns shop. thats what i did.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
stock up on firezilla tc. As many as your deck can hold and then blade attack. It takes around sixteen for the boss and too for the minion.

Ethan Thunderspear level 81
Ethan Legendspear level 7 ( pvp veteran)

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
well get some crowns buy a level 45 storm an life after you kill storm guy then just attack with gargantum helephants then if you got something good like feint or you opened a pack and got some gear with backdraft take the risk

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
prover1254 on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
I'm trying to beat the boss sothmekhet using shields, my minion, and beating the storm guy quickly, but I don't win does anyone have strategies?
I just got efreet yesterday My strategy was to use high level fire minions and a life minion. Also, equip clothing that gives alot of ice and storm boost. BTW, crit. blocks are useful with this guy. Good luck!

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
well... Im death but had a similar boss... what i did was stack up on sprites and disarms and charms/wards and put them in a different deck so i didnt get anything i didnt want... but heres the full explanation.

- I bought a deck just the right size for the cards i wanted... for a fire wizard i would recommend dragonfire deck

- I stacked up on death shields, cause my enemy was death; you should stack up on storm shield TCs and put them in your sideboard

-I stacked up on that remove negative charm spell but you should stack up on disarm

-stack up on all your charms/wards and the treasure card versions... you need an efficient one-hit-kill

- stack up on sprite because pixie wastes your pips

-use amplify and gigantual TCs to bring your power to the max- dont forget elemental blade/traps

and yeah!

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Maybe I can come in help..

First of all, lets talk about proper gear. Lets dress for succes!

Here is the Gear I used: (Note: This is level 58+ gear, if you are higher level than that, you can use the level 60+ gear, or even the best set of gear in the game, the Waterworks Gear!)

Hat: Headdress of Dragon Fire: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Headdress_of_Dragon_Fire, which is sold at the Bazaar.

Cape: The Volatile Vestment: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Volatile_Vestment, which is also sold at the Bazaar.

Boots: The Dragonstalkers: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Dragonstalkers, which is also sold at the Bazaar.

Athame: The Sun Kris would be the best: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Sun_Kris, which is also sold at the Bazaar.

Amulet: I would say that a Mastery would be best, especially the Life Mastery one. Bosses in Waterworks drop it, as well as the first serie of bosses in Tower of the Helephant. Or, you can buy it at the expansive price of 9950 Crowns.

Ring: Volatile Ring: www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Volatile_Ring

For strategy, here it is:

1) Right before you step in the Chamber, mark your spot. Make sure you have at least 2 FILLED bottles.

2) Kill the minion first. It is just an extra unessasary foe that aims for one specific goal: killing you. Kill him before he kills you!

3) If you are defeated after you defeated the minion, dont waste your time looking for whisps, get back to the mark spot, drink the bottle, mark, then, once you enter the chamber, you will realize that the minion you killed is not there anymore. Make short of the boss. Ice doesnt hit too hard right.

Good luck, and if you just can't do it, lvl up and then come back. You have more health.