Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca really Skull Island???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
Yesterday I was playing Pirate101 at Skull Mt. In the temple i noticed many Azteca stautes and wall hangings. Everything seems somehow part of Azteca. Mabye Wiz101 takes place in the past or we fail! Hopefully not the second one. Anyways, what do you think? Do you think Skull Island is really Azteca? Comment!

Peace Out,
Kristen Owleyes

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
pirate 101 is based on traveling in the spiral and that there was frog-like civilisation there

Armiger
May 10, 2010
lioner15 on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
Yesterday I was playing Pirate101 at Skull Mt. In the temple i noticed many Azteca stautes and wall hangings. Everything seems somehow part of Azteca. Mabye Wiz101 takes place in the past or we fail! Hopefully not the second one. Anyways, what do you think? Do you think Skull Island is really Azteca? Comment!

Peace Out,
Kristen Owleyes
Actually, Pirate101 and Wizard101 are happening at the same time in the spiral.

If you have been following the story lines, In pirates, they talk constantly about how the King of Mooshu has been sick because of Malistaire.

There are many creatures and worlds visiting skull island, but if anything, Skull Island belongs to the troggies, the cutthroat sharks, and the watermoles as they both are all the main creatures in Skull Island.

Azteka does seem a world of it's own and like anyone else, they visit other worlds!

Some are nice and helpful and others cause chaos and mayhem.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Indeed there are many Aztecosaur relics on and around skull island. However as Darthjt has pointed out the timescale of pirates and wizards is almost aligned. In fact wizards are currently only a few months in the "future" at the max relative to pirates since in the pirate 101 storyline the emperor is still in his dark sleep bought about by Malistaire.(Meaning wizards have not yet arrived at mooshu and revived the emperor). If anything my theory is that Aztecosaurs once visited or colonized skull island a long time ago and then simply lost control or forgot about these colonies. This is supported by several observations.
1)Pirate 101 references to the ruins as the remains of an ancient civilization that inhabited the island a long time in the past. *Further supported by the fact that Aztecosaurs are known as the oldest living civilization in the Spiral in wizard 101.
2)Monquistians stranded in Azteca in wizard 101- Proving the existence and functionality of a gateway(Most likely stormgate as they arrived via ship) between at least Azteca and Monquista.
3)The build a raft quest to gain access to cloudburst forest in wizard 101- Several references in that quest that Ancient Aztecosaurs knew how to sail but the skill was lost.
4) Dinosaur-like mummies in Pirate 101 who inflict magical damage.
5) Relation between quetzals and skysnakes- Quetzals may be ancient ancestors of skysnakes who may have evolved seperately once isolated on cool ranch. Note *Superficial differences such as the body positions and way they fly.(This is my most tenuous theory as in Pirate 101 the Snake Spirit enlisted us in a quest for revenge against her son who defiled snakes by giving them wings, suggesting that skysnakes and quetzals are on completely different evolutionary lines)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
lioner15 on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:

Peace Out,
Kristen Owleyes
Take a look at the below post from the folks over at Pirate101. They are connected, but not in the way you are thinking.

http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?11834-Timeline-Mistake&p=71701#post71701