Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it possible for monsters to run out?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
is it even possible for monsters to run out of spells/cards or do they have an unlimited number of cards they can hold? I was wondering this for a while, especially on battles that take a LONG time. I've found myself running close, but winning, but I've wondered if the bad guys can run out of cards.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dayerider on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
is it even possible for monsters to run out of spells/cards or do they have an unlimited number of cards they can hold? I was wondering this for a while, especially on battles that take a LONG time. I've found myself running close, but winning, but I've wondered if the bad guys can run out of cards.
No, they will never run out of spells.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
i dont think they run out of cards because if they did you would win by default

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I dont think they can but they should have decks just like ours and be limited just like we are.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Excellent question.

I just did a little test on Colossus Blvd on a Gobbler Gorger. In a single battle where I let the gobbler attack me. He never ran out of spells in the test. Here are the actions he took:

attack spells: 55
fizzles: 14
blades: 3
pass: 10

I repeated the test 2 more times and got similar results.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to test rotten. I dont think its right that the mobs dont have a deck limit. If nothing else KI should make them have to cast reshuffle just like we all have to do.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yeah, see I figured they'd never run out. I think that they should have decks, and should have the option to run out of cards, just like us.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
The game would be too easy then wouldnt it, just shield until the monsters run out of spells and then attack! KI was smart to do that

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
dayerider on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
No, even if they did they would probably have reshuffle or something so they would not run out.

Sarah LifePetal