Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Managing A Great Deck

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Hello New Wizard,

After having explored most of the Spiral and looking back over how I managed my deck, I would like to instruct younger students to go about this route if they aren't Life wizards, and chose Life as their secondary school.

I had chosen Ice, but wasn't sure how to construct my deck, but I do now. If Life is your secondary school, stop at Satyr, and make sure you use training points on Fire Shield (found in Fairegrounds) and Quench (found in house on Colossus Boulevard near Mindy Pixiecrown).

Save the rest of your trining points for Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca; because the Star spells Vengeance (found in the Stellarium in the District of the Stars) and Fortify (Celestia Base Camp), as well as the sun spells Giant up to Gargantuan, add on additional power to your spells. You will need these cards in your deck for the Jabberwock in Avalon and Frostbranch in Austriland, so you might as well get them early.

Ice up to the Tower shield is also great to have, but save your training points, unless you have enough.

All my brother wizards, have used this formula, and have become more powerful than I, and I would advise others to do so.

As for your pet, train your companion in the Pet Pavilion because it will sometimes add health, mana or some sort of spell to your pet to help fight your battles. Some of the pets that you will receive might be more powerful than the one you start out with, so you might have to consider which one you use (for example, my storm brother has two equally powerful pets (a storm colossus with Lightning Bats and a stormzilla with a stormzilla spell more powerful than the original).

As a student about to leave the wizard101 world forever, I leave this parting wisdom for future Archmages that aspire to save all the worlds of the Spiral, if you don't feel powerful enough, go earn your badges, and even help other students, because it will eventually help you excel faster, and you will have some powerful friends that may come in handy later.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 77 Ice, stuck in Dun Dura without being able to do the quest involving Sir George Martyn at the Lightning Tree to help me seek being knighted for four months now.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Take care and safe journeys friend. Sorry to see you go.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Take care and safe journeys friend. Sorry to see you go.
I don't want to leave the Spiral, because I have made so many great friends and would have not been able to make it through places like Briskbee Tower, the Marleybone quest on Swimming with the Stars, Waterworks or the Helephant; without the friendship and support of others.

I have done everything short of yell, scream and threaten (which would have killed off my brother wizards' progress); because the professor's and their workers have always met my requests in the past, just not this one, which has been a problem since August.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 77 in Dun Dura, Avalon

P.S., If any friends or other wizards that have enjoyed or been thankful that I have helped you in the past, please get a support group up and running to make Kingsisle set up and take notice. I watch my brother's progress while waiting for an answer:

Jared Wildsword, a Level 70 Balance Wizard is working on destroying the Corruption in the Black Palace in Zafaria. Cody Soulsword a Level 67 Storm Wizard is working on getting the Compass from Hexfin in the Crustacean Empire. Angus Rubyriver a Level 5 Fire wizard restarted his quests a couple days ago. Dane, a Level 56 Life Wizard is somewhere in Wintertusk, and Travis Beardust a Level 47 Myth Wizard was last seen in Dragonspye.

I am so proud of them all, and they will hate to see me leave, but I have little or no options left with Wizard101, everything has been tried and failed.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!

About 2 weeks ago I was checking to see if anything had changed, and to my joy I was told to see Gwendolyn in Du Dura, and she rewarded me for defeating the Lightning Lizard (which I had helped a friend, but who is gonna argue), and am now an Archmage seeking to explore the Mysterious Stairway (GHOST AVALON) to possibly restore the Shrine in the Catacombs by the King's empty casket.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 80, Archmage in the Night Garden

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Good to hear your back Ox. Glad you finished quest.

Take care an safe journeys.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!

About 2 weeks ago I was checking to see if anything had changed, and to my joy I was told to see Gwendolyn in Du Dura, and she rewarded me for defeating the Lightning Lizard (which I had helped a friend, but who is gonna argue), and am now an Archmage seeking to explore the Mysterious Stairway (GHOST AVALON) to possibly restore the Shrine in the Catacombs by the King's empty casket.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 80, Archmage in the Night Garden
A happy ending finally and you hung in there a long time for it.

Your problem must of been a bit too confusing for the tecs to figure out how to get you back on track.

I know my mom had an issue one time in Celestia with loosing her quest out of her book and they were able to put her back on track pretty promptly so your issue must of been more complex. I had taken her all around all the areas for days to try to get her back on the main story line to no avail.

Good luck with your questing young wizard.

Savior of the Spiral,
Mary StarGem

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Northlite on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
A happy ending finally and you hung in there a long time for it.

Your problem must of been a bit too confusing for the tecs to figure out how to get you back on track.

I know my mom had an issue one time in Celestia with loosing her quest out of her book and they were able to put her back on track pretty promptly so your issue must of been more complex. I had taken her all around all the areas for days to try to get her back on the main story line to no avail.

Good luck with your questing young wizard.

Savior of the Spiral,
Mary StarGem
Thanks Mary,

Don't ever take for granted that your parents are odd (most kids and young adults do), because it sounds like you belong to a family account. Parents that share in things their kids do is very rare, let alone present with you.

There will come times when you will have only the memories to carry you through the holidays, because people will be far away from your grasp, let alone Christmas cheer.

Thanks for the kind compliment, and hope to see you somewhere around the Spiral,
Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 84) in the Zocalo.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
Thanks Mary,

Don't ever take for granted that your parents are odd (most kids and young adults do), because it sounds like you belong to a family account. Parents that share in things their kids do is very rare, let alone present with you.

There will come times when you will have only the memories to carry you through the holidays, because people will be far away from your grasp, let alone Christmas cheer.

Thanks for the kind compliment, and hope to see you somewhere around the Spiral,
I feel obligated to let you know me & mom are old people. We are now to the stage where I am the parent and she is the kid - LOL.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2012
Promethean oxnhors... on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
Thanks Mary,

It is SOOOOOO nice to hear/read wizards complimenting each other, helping each other or even saying nice things!!! Cudos to all of you! These nice words lifted my spirits and filled my heart with joy. I journey the spiral daily with my grandchildren, who live in different states far from me, and we enjoy our time together," almost" like having them close to home. Have a safe and happy holiday as you journey the spiral and navigate lifes highways this season and always.Hope to see you all around the spiral, Delany Ravencaller,( life archmage, lvl 85).

Survivor
Sep 23, 2012
i am new at this game and your advise was very helpful so thank you. it is sad to see another wizard leaving the spiral but it is almost bitter-sweet. i am happy for you

Jordan Rosethorn level 5

Survivor
Feb 26, 2011
i need help with a lvl 35 1vs1 pvp balance deck if any one can give me advice please do.