Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

MInions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
I just started using a minions and they kinda seem useless .. Am I using them wrong? Oh and how do you get a higher rank minion ?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nani021 on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
I just started using a minions and they kinda seem useless .. Am I using them wrong? Oh and how do you get a higher rank minion ?
You need to be more specific about what school you are. Storm minions are horrible. Fire not much better. The others can be helpful.
And unless you are a Myth wizard, you don't get a higher ranked minion.
Info on minions, spells, etc., can be found here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Main_Page

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
RavenLady777 on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
You need to be more specific about what school you are. Storm minions are horrible. Fire not much better. The others can be helpful.
And unless you are a Myth wizard, you don't get a higher ranked minion.
Info on minions, spells, etc., can be found here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Main_Page
I actually disagree about storm minions being useless. When you get to dragonspyre as a storm the minions are very useful because they use: taunt-stops enemy from attacking you so you can buff and attack with being harmed.
Sprite-Heals you and is useful (obviously) elemental shield is pretty useful too. To get to the point: from a myths point of view a storm minion is useless because it does not cast spells that benefit them as wizards. Eg: Myth minions attack storm ones dont. but for a storm its useful because they can attack pretty easily when they are getting healed, shielded, and having their threat rate reduced in one battle.

The only problem with storm minions is that they have a lack of health.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
Acually if you are death and have tons of power pips you can bring up the rank of the minion, i saw a death person who got his minoin up to rank 8. And minions are not useless. when i first got the mintour minon (im in myth) i thought he was bad because all he casted was the troll and taunt but i used him more so now he is casting things like sprite, cyclopes, and lots of other stuff.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Sadly only myth gets more than one minion spell. I think it's long over due for every school to get a new minion spell. And not a sacrificial one either.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
Nicholas SandRunne... on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Sadly only myth gets more than one minion spell. I think it's long over due for every school to get a new minion spell. And not a sacrificial one either.
I don't, I think it's time to keep classes distinct from one another, if the storm minion is useless than beef it up but every school does not need more "minions". The only school that needs more minions right now is myth since minion progression tapers off in the higher lvls. The myth minions need to be balanced around there minion and not area of effect spells or shield removals.