Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth or balance?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Myth totally. Balance really suffers against balance enemies and to get rid of weakness/tower shield, the blades and traps disappear along with the weakness/tower shield.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
you should balance because you can shield and then train myth as your second school.
then again myth has spells that do damage one time that take out the shield and hit harder with the other,ex. monitar, orthus, etc but it totally up to you

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
Don't ask us, ask yourself. Try both of them out for a week or so and see which one you like better, whichever one you like better pick it.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2012
dragondelvel on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
I agree with myth, no offense to the balance people, I agree with myth even though I'm a balance. I think myth is because they have allot of minions, and they can solo allot. I balance but they have horrible spells, only Judgement and Power Nova are good with colossal in my opinion. But i'm afraid they didn't catch me much with balance. Nicholas StormEyes Level 80 Archmage Soccerer
no balance is better cause it has a little bit of every school

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Balance is a wonderful school. It pretty well-rounded, and I am balance myself. I like Myth, plus, there aren't a lot of myths out there, (my post about it), so I think Myth would be the best. But it's your choice!

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
spartan99987 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
I do like myth but why waste pips on a minion when you could do a decent attack instead? it doesn't make much sense.
Myth gets a Golem Minion spell, costing 0 pips.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
I absolutely posetivly 100% sure that I would do balance.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
RavenLady777 on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
Of the two, I prefer Myth. Myth takes some time to get used to, but can be very powerful (just like all schools). Myth was my very first wizard. :)
Mine too!

And about Myth takes some time, It actually does.

So it's your choice.

I like both because balance has shields and a balance blade. But, I should warn you, Balance has a lot of weaknesses. And I like myth because It has tons more minions. Might be because myth is weaker than some others.

So, like is said, it's your choice

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
spartan99987 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
I do like myth but why waste pips on a minion when you could do a decent attack instead? it doesn't make much sense.
If you summon a minion it could do several attacks that would be better than what you could do in one turn. Also, I would have to say Myth.

Alyssa Fairyheart
Level 80

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
they are both good schools here are the reasons to pick them
i am a level 23 fire wizard and my brother is a level 23 balance wizard
balance reasons

1. you get spells that enemy's cant resist and spells that make all spells more powerful.
2.you can get powerful shields and a good balance of every thing(like you didn't know that)
3.if you like minions you get a rank 1 salamander minion at level 18

myth reasons

1.the spells are weaker than fire except you have more life than fire
2.you get really good minions at low levels
3.when you get spells it doesn't go very good spell bad spell it goes good spell then good spell .

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Just chose the one YOU want.They both are good but I highly suggest balance.I recommend it because here is my stats on my balance promethean.

Damage-83%
Resist-34 spirits 21 balance and 101 elementals.
Accuracy-2%
Pips-98%
Heal out-23%
Heal in-23%
Critical-67 and 238 balance.
Block-127
Health-5126
Mana-120
Pierce-3%
Stun Resist-28%
Energy-107

And as well most say balance is the school of double damage so take the damage to 166.While my storm obtains 103.

Blaze StrongPants 90

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
I Have a level 90 balance and a level 76 myth. Right now, Balance is in a much better spot than myth in the game. At higher levels myth has a hard time with fights and it more of a pvp school. Balance can fit almost any play style that you choose, and its a fairly great school to play and it will fit better with any side school you choose.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Well here's a summary of each:

Balance: Self explanatory, it's completely balanced. Middle health, middle damage, slightly less fizzles, and has some things from each school, like buffs and traps and stuff. Also, of course, minions are balanced.

Myth: Myth is one of the higher damage ranking schools. You will get many minions, some at lower levels, but a little lower health and higher fizzle rates.

Well, that's it. Choose.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
KOblivion on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
I Have a level 90 balance and a level 76 myth. Right now, Balance is in a much better spot than myth in the game. At higher levels myth has a hard time with fights and it more of a pvp school. Balance can fit almost any play style that you choose, and its a fairly great school to play and it will fit better with any side school you choose.
Sadly I've found this to be the case, and I know quite a few archmage+ who would agree.

This is part of the goals of the Myth Project, to identify and discuss factors which account for the drastic attrition of myth students around level 60-70.

If you want a challenge, go Myth. It is the road less traveled - because it's harder. All your finesse and psychological warfare is nearly useless against even the lowest minibosses of Avalon, who are big, dumb, stun-immune tanks that start with 5 power pips and spam crit meteor, lord, and nova without even bothering to blade or trap or shield first, except maybe by accident.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I gonna have to go with myth.

Even though I am a balance,I would have to go with myth. after a while balance just gets hard. Myth players easily defeat me in pvp. Some say balance is better, but it was not suit for me. It just gets kinda boring, plus myth has amazing spells. But, balance is better in group so if you are doing solo balance is not for you. If not, you could try balance. Actually, the only reason I am doing balance is because i have already put so much work in to it.

Sincerely,
Molly lvl 58 balance
Savannah lvl 8 death
And my new character,
Destiny level 5 ice

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
TheTimeHat on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
Death.
it was myth or balance, you really need to read the topic, i think balance, it has all blades, shields, traps, and heals, and they have minions, Myth is great, but Balance is greater.

Valerian Hammer

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
Go with myth and have balance as your second school

Sean death dreamer Lvl 65

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Currently I am playing myth, with life for secondary school. With a Life mastery necklace, this is a powerful combo. The balance traps and blades you get from the tree in Krok work for both myth and life, so you have a good choice of attacks that work in a variety of situations. You can pierce and quake enemies resistances with myth, and can heal with life. The two-stage attacks of minotaur and the two headed dog are great for clearing shielded enemies and still hitting hard.
I have not tried balance yet, though, so I can't compare the two. I also can't speak to the higher level play yet, as I am only in DS now. But so far, I have found it very fun to play this wizard.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2011
dragonborn3079 on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
they are both good schools here are the reasons to pick them
i am a level 23 fire wizard and my brother is a level 23 balance wizard
balance reasons

1. you get spells that enemy's cant resist and spells that make all spells more powerful.
2.you can get powerful shields and a good balance of every thing(like you didn't know that)
3.if you like minions you get a rank 1 salamander minion at level 18

myth reasons

1.the spells are weaker than fire except you have more life than fire
2.you get really good minions at low levels
3.when you get spells it doesn't go very good spell bad spell it goes good spell then good spell .
lol when you get to a high level you will see that there is an equal chance of a myth beating a fire

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013