Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spell: Change which side is going first

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Seize
Type: n/a

School: ??
Pip cost: ??
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Changes which side of the duel circle goes first in a turn.

I'd like to discuss the specific details of the spell, but the general idea is the same: if you're tired of going second, use this spell and you'll go first.

How long should it last?
How many pips should it take?
What school(s) should have this spell?
Should it be allowed in PVP?

Discuss.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Lucas Rain on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
Seize
Type: n/a

School: ??
Pip cost: ??
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: Changes which side of the duel circle goes first in a turn.

I'd like to discuss the specific details of the spell, but the general idea is the same: if you're tired of going second, use this spell and you'll go first.

How long should it last?
How many pips should it take?
What school(s) should have this spell?
Should it be allowed in PVP?

Discuss.
I think it is a really neat idea! I'm sorta stumped about which school though... maybe Time? (this is l0bster's idea, so it hasn't come out yet) Time is like this: you can restart a duel were both you and your enemy have full health and mana (3 pips) you can redo your turn, stuff like that. I don't believe it should be allowed in PvP, and i think that every school should have access to Time. Help from other message boarders would be appreciated. lol

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Problem with this is how would you cast before you enter circle.

But they could implement a stat on gear or something that increases odds for going first.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Nvm i guess you could cast in battle and it would switch it. Wasnt thinkin lol.
Interesting idea.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Thanks for your feedback guys. Actually, I hadn't considered "going first" as a battle statistic, but I guess it could be. Battle initiative rating, maybe? Or luck rating? As long as one school (e.g., Ice) didn't dominate this statistic then I think that could work.

Originally, I was just thinking Seize could be an X rank spell (takes all pips). That way, no one could use it in a huge Rank 8 combo attack. I also thought it could just last the duration of the duel, but maybe giving the casting player 6 rounds of "first" might be nice too.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
"Going first" continues to be a major factor many PVPers cite in winning and losing. This spell puts more control back into the hands of players rather than on a random coin-toss decision.