Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Try again bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
I am in Savanna and after 25 times trying to collect from the fire lion ravager I am about ready ti quit the game this is INSANE I can see one or two times but more than that is just annoying and boring KI needs to fix this problem in all the worlds starting in low level quest.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
leriana on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
I am in Savanna and after 25 times trying to collect from the fire lion ravager I am about ready ti quit the game this is INSANE I can see one or two times but more than that is just annoying and boring KI needs to fix this problem in all the worlds starting in low level quest.
In every world there are these types of quests - granted at lower levels they don't seem as long to complete but they are there.

It took me 2 days to complete this quest and that was back when I used to play wizards a lot.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
We've all complained about that quest. I hate it too and as a result my level 63 or 64 Ice wizard is just sitting there; I haven't played her in months for just this reason. I've given up...I don't have days and days to collect, erm, NOT collect. And it sure isn't fun or even a challenge since I have no problem whatsoever defeating those guys. But it hasn't been 'fixed' yet so don't hold your breath.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Welcome to the wonderful world of defeat-and-collect (a.k.a. did-not-collect) quests. This isn't a glitch~ you may have to fight the same monsters a hundred times, in order to get just a few items, and it's worse in Zafaria than any other world.

Hint:

When you have a did-not-collect quest that involves creatures seen in multiple areas (like the Fire Lion Ravagers), check your map. It'll show you the exact area that you're supposed to be collecting from, as you won't collect anything from the other spawn points... It'll save you hours of frustration, trust me.

Good luck!

-veebz
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Nope, it is COMPLETELY random. I've collected away from the points shown on the map, and I've gone a week with no collects at points shown on map. Then flipflop for the next group of D&C. Then some and some for another. then none and none, and yet another time I forget what "did not collect" looks like.

My tactics:
1. Try playing different times/days of the week.
2. If you are going solo, find somebody to fight with. (or vice-versa)
3. Change realms. Sometimes busier realms are better, sometimes you have to wonder if you are the only person in the realm.
4. Try getting one wanted enemy and one unwanted enemy.
5. Try overkilling or try just strong enough to kill.
6. Do some other quest just for variety then come back.
7. help somebody with some other task, then come back.
8. Do the Watusi. (Ok, I made that last one up. but it's good for a laugh, especially since I can't dance!)

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
Dr Von on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
Welcome to the wonderful world of defeat-and-collect (a.k.a. did-not-collect) quests. This isn't a glitch~ you may have to fight the same monsters a hundred times, in order to get just a few items, and it's worse in Zafaria than any other world.

Hint:

When you have a did-not-collect quest that involves creatures seen in multiple areas (like the Fire Lion Ravagers), check your map. It'll show you the exact area that you're supposed to be collecting from, as you won't collect anything from the other spawn points... It'll save you hours of frustration, trust me.

Good luck!

-veebz
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper
This is incorrect von.

You can collect from any area just has to be the correct mob. So any ravagers will drop for the ravager quests.

These quests are very frustrating but unfortunately the mob only has a certain % of dropping the quest drop you need and the percentage in my opinion on the ravagers is teribly to low.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
fireproof1111 on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
This is incorrect von.

You can collect from any area just has to be the correct mob. So any ravagers will drop for the ravager quests.

These quests are very frustrating but unfortunately the mob only has a certain % of dropping the quest drop you need and the percentage in my opinion on the ravagers is teribly to low.
Unless there was an update that we weren't made aware of, it's not incorrect.

When I play, I collect nothing unless I'm in the exact area specified on the map... When I battle anywhere that's not marked, it's an endless stream of did-not-collect until I finally go to where the map says to. I hope it's a glitch, but who knows anymore?