Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The longest lasting problem with Pet Derby...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 04, 2011
I am sure KI is already aware of the extreme waiting time on Pet Derby due to the "Waiting for Opponent to Confirm" bug...

We tested the Derby by having 4 wizard all with an adult pet (all privates) try the Pet Derby and lo' and behold, it STILL doesn't work even though we all confirmed.

KI must realize that competition is what keeps Online Multi-Players alive. The hardcore competitive players are the ones that pay cold hard cash to compete and Pet Derby can be as big an asset as PvP Arena if KI do it right. In fact Pet Derby offers an entirely different experience than the typical PvP yet it remains competitive.

I can suggest a few ways to drastically improve the Pet Derby system.

1) Fix the "Waiting for Opponent to Confirm." bug... If 1/4 player did not confirm, then drop him after 1 minute and search for one additional player to add to the Derby.

2) Loosen the requirements. If we can have level 40 Warlords facing Level 28 Warlords in PvP Arena, then no one really cares if a Pet Warlord faces a Pet Sergeant once in a while. Lower the player grouping requirement until the wait time becomes reasonable (like no more than 5-10 minutes).

3) Increase the reward. Instead of 3/2/1/0 reward structure, please give something that rewards the player for playing the game and promoting it (the more player plays, the more other players will want to play it, it snowballs). Maybe try 10/5/2/1 or 10/6/4/2 reward structure...

Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
Agreed, I once spent SEVEN HOURS waiting for a derby to start.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
5pandey on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
Agreed, I once spent SEVEN HOURS waiting for a derby to start.
thats a glitch