Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How did Malistaire come back Alive!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Umm how did Malistaire came back alive since wizards defeat him in dragonspyre

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SuperPika999 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire wasn't dead. His WIFE, Sylvia Drake had passed away due to a cold.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I'm not quite sure, but it was definitely a surprising plot twist. It is a little strange though how Malistare came back infuriated at us after dying peacefully in DragonSpyre. I'm very excited for the next world to find this out.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I don't want to reveal too much of the storyline, but it is implied with various NPC discussions, but never explicitly stated.

How, is likely very similiar to all the other undead dinosaurs roaming around Azteca. That "how" is explained in the storyline.

He was defeated in Dragonspyre and rejoined his wife (where ever they went), but Morganthe used some necromancy of her own, or "persuaded" those with the ability (kinda of proving that Malistaire isn't the Master of Death he claims to be, or is at least inferior in skills....remember that was the whole reason for the Dragon Titan summoning).

Although I would highly encourage you to go through the storyline yourself, but if not, there is a quick synopsis by Johnny over at Central at the following link. It evens tells you where Malistaire's tomb was that Morganthe brought him back from the dead.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325221

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
Malistaire died actually so i dont know how he came back? Maybe its his ghost.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Since malistaire left peacefully in dragonspyre, and it never stated that he died, what if this undying malistaire isn't the real one? For all we know this could just be a copy of all his hatred he had for us before the final battle took place.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
AstroStorm on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Since malistaire left peacefully in dragonspyre, and it never stated that he died, what if this undying malistaire isn't the real one? For all we know this could just be a copy of all his hatred he had for us before the final battle took place.
You must have really like Malistaire to be on the first step of the grieving process (Denial and Isolation).

No, it doesn't state he died, but the NPC text box clearly shows his face in "ghost" form after the battle, while it isn't prior to the battle. Also, Slyvia Drake says come to me (and she is dead)...while also stating that he can rest now. Finally, Malistaire the Undying wouldn't be named that if wasn't for him cheating death or unable to stay dead (like vampires).

Full quest dialogue can be found at Central:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Final_Countdown#tab=Quest_Dialogue

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Oran of Urz on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
You must have really like Malistaire to be on the first step of the grieving process (Denial and Isolation).

No, it doesn't state he died, but the NPC text box clearly shows his face in "ghost" form after the battle, while it isn't prior to the battle. Also, Slyvia Drake says come to me (and she is dead)...while also stating that he can rest now. Finally, Malistaire the Undying wouldn't be named that if wasn't for him cheating death or unable to stay dead (like vampires).

Full quest dialogue can be found at Central:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:The_Final_Countdown#tab=Quest_Dialogue
Yes, I really did like malistaire , when KI announced an old friend coming back, I already knew it was gonna be malistaire, I mean who else besides him? Well i guess the coven would have worked. Also even if it doesn't seen like it, he is still suppose to be the mster death and don't forget he read the krokanomicon and who knows what secrets were in there, life and death in one spell is possible, and he coud have just turned himself into a ghost. I'm just trying to put out some ideas to make things more interesting.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
I am in the quest in the Zocalo where you go and fight the cloaked fly so i am confused that malistaire is coming back and a little scared because i am positive he is gonna be a million times stronger then before

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AstroStorm on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
Yes, I really did like malistaire , when KI announced an old friend coming back, I already knew it was gonna be malistaire, I mean who else besides him? Well i guess the coven would have worked. Also even if it doesn't seen like it, he is still suppose to be the mster death and don't forget he read the krokanomicon and who knows what secrets were in there, life and death in one spell is possible, and he coud have just turned himself into a ghost. I'm just trying to put out some ideas to make things more interesting.
same here. and i had a feeling it was him all along.

from a literary perspective (i'm a writer in my other life), ki did a great job with malistaire and the first arc. although his motives were misguided, he had good intentions, and that made him so much more than your average, cookie-cutter disney villain. because i don't like cookie-cutter disney villains...

*cough* morganthe *cough*

when i found out (officially) that mally was back, i gave my computer a big hug and squealed like a fan-girl for at least a week. i'd been bugging ki for a sequel since forever (because morganthe, though she has prettier dresses, is a waste of space) and was so happy to see him~ it was like having christmas, my birthday, and national novel-writing month all at once... only ten times better!

*plays trumpet fanfare*

actually, i was curious about some unresolved plot issues. like, what happened to bartleby's eye? yes, we know that mally stole it, but we never did find out what he did with it... maybe he fed it to mr. fluffy/the dragon titan (bad idea), gave it to morganthe (even worse idea), or we'll have to fight him later on and make him give it back.

i don't really care about why or how he came back. fact is, he did, and i'm a happy fan-girl.

-von
promethean sorceress, bad fan-fic writer, and shameless drake fan-girl.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Dr Von on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
same here. and i had a feeling it was him all along.

from a literary perspective (i'm a writer in my other life), ki did a great job with malistaire and the first arc. although his motives were misguided, he had good intentions, and that made him so much more than your average, cookie-cutter disney villain. because i don't like cookie-cutter disney villains...

*cough* morganthe *cough*

when i found out (officially) that mally was back, i gave my computer a big hug and squealed like a fan-girl for at least a week. i'd been bugging ki for a sequel since forever (because morganthe, though she has prettier dresses, is a waste of space) and was so happy to see him~ it was like having christmas, my birthday, and national novel-writing month all at once... only ten times better!

*plays trumpet fanfare*

actually, i was curious about some unresolved plot issues. like, what happened to bartleby's eye? yes, we know that mally stole it, but we never did find out what he did with it... maybe he fed it to mr. fluffy/the dragon titan (bad idea), gave it to morganthe (even worse idea), or we'll have to fight him later on and make him give it back.

i don't really care about why or how he came back. fact is, he did, and i'm a happy fan-girl.

-von
promethean sorceress, bad fan-fic writer, and shameless drake fan-girl.
This has to be the truth. anyone who is reading this comment listen very carefully.
When malistaire died in Dragonspyre, when Celestia came out and when KingsIsle
created a new villian: Morganthe, she must have watched or hired a boss/ minion like the one you meet
in that Azteca dungeon that has a staff, can't see face but can see eyes and has wings. That minion/
boss must have went to Dragonspyre and spied on you. idk how but he had to follow you. when you killed
Malistaire, the minion/ boss reported to Morganthe that malistaire died so, while you were busy in Zafaira,
Avalon or Celestia, she was busy resurrecting Malistaire. i may have not reached to Azteca but
i watched the dungeon online. it's called:
Wizard101 AZTECA (Xibalba) Final boss solo + endingI am Kyle Griffinhunter: a life wizard that is Transcended. I'm in Zafaria. And i think Bartleby's eye is with Morganthe. How? Well Malistaire had to be working with her in secret. How do you think she knew malistare? Anyway, she must have used it to travel to all of the worlds in the spiral, seeking her items to rule over the spiral.

I know that you are confused but if you want to meet me in Wizard101, look for the name Kyle Griffinhunter. I am always in the Lincoln realm so you should switch there to meet me.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Well he's basically a grim reaper as you can tell by his wings...

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
hmm malistaire is very confusing maybe he was just with his wife and was alive and decided to let his hatred come between his love for sylvia. sooooo thats what i think

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
It is strongly implied (basically stated) in The Great Spyre that Malistaire died. His figure became transparent exactly like all spirit figures. Cyrus states "Although I lost my brother, The real Malistaire was gone long ago...".

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
When I found out he was alive, I yelled " joy to the world!" in the loft of my house. It was pretty funny. I love Malistaire, and I cannot wait to defeat him!
Emma Emaraldsword, lvl 35 conjurer

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Go Malistaire

If i Had said something already, I am lvl 40 not 35.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
What I'm wondering is what happened to poor Sylvia? Malistaire loves her and even Morganthe could not make him forget her... unless he's under a really strong curse

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
The way I see it could be simple demon concept. When you killed malistare is DS his soul moved on with sylvia, but his body hasnt. It traveled into darkness, along with his necromancy and apperently hatred of us wizards, (lol) and he soon became an undead himself. Then he found morganthe

Survivor
Oct 13, 2010
I too was extremely happy to find out that Malistaire returned in Azteca. While I like the challenge Morganthe's storyline has and Malistaire's lacks, overall I find Malistaire to be a much more interesting villain. But Malistaire's return on Xibalba raises many more questions. For one, was he being controlled by Morganthe? (I definitely think so) How does Morganthe know Malistaire, as someone already mentioned? (She couldn't have just wanted to give Malistaire a second chance at killing you, right? That seems out of Morganthe's character.) The answers to these questions could result in an epic backstory between Morganthe and Malistaire, which as a writer of fan-fiction for Wizard101 and Pirate101 and a rabid theory writer for W101's final world, I love (epic backstories). I really cannot wait for this new world. It should be coming out soon, I'm pretty sure, and when it does, I'm immediately going onto test to see what this new world has to offer.
- Wolf Moonrider, Level 90 Necromancer

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
look at his face - it's a skull. He's become a litch.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Malistare is now undead

Adam Wintersinger, Level 90 Thaumaturge

Wolf Strongbright, Level 79 Theurgist

Luke Dragonblood, Level 40 Sorcerer

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
KorekuEternal on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
I'm not quite sure, but it was definitely a surprising plot twist. It is a little strange though how Malistare came back infuriated at us after dying peacefully in DragonSpyre. I'm very excited for the next world to find this out.
Maybe he comes back so angry BECAUSE he was rejoined with his wife! Maybe the idea of being rejoined with her seemed lik a great idea until it actually happened. They really don't seem like a suitable match. Remember when he was alive he was a busy professor at Ravenwood, perhaps very focused on his work. But when they were rejoined (in death) they get to spend 24/7 together!

~ just a funny thought!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Morganthe Rasied him from the dead and corrupted him or something... If she didn't, I bet Ol' Mally would thank us

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
just like how you dont die when you lose a battle think about malistaire

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Either Malistaire's spirit (which left with Sylvia) was resurrected and infused with more hatred or it's not a real one at all.