Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How did Malistaire come back Alive!?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
SuperPika999 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
Umm how did Malistaire came back alive since wizards defeat him in dragonspyre
Morganthe learned a little Aztecan Necromancy, went to Dragonspyre, brought his tomb to Azteca and revived him in the Pyramid of the Black Sun.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
No Malistaire did die,but Morganthe revived malistaire with her unknown magic, and he transformed into undying

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
It creeps me out that i can see something that looks like skin if he is undead.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
i think morganthe brung him back to life so he might be a zombie

Austin Fireflame lvl 90

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
RavenLady777 on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire wasn't dead. His WIFE, Sylvia Drake had passed away due to a cold.
we killed him remember the grand chasm his ghost appeared after we won

Survivor
Aug 30, 2011
Love malistare ,but I can't beat him in azteca.So dang hard!!!

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
let's see here he was with Morganthe in the final dungeon and serving her as a henchmen. HOW did he come back alive (read this in a sarcastic tone)? dude Morganthe probably used a spell or something to bring back.

Kyle Earthshard () Level 61

Kane Star () Level 24

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
He was brought back by Morganthe

Morganthe: So powerful she can bring dead people to life.

Angela Gem
Level 93

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
You must not have finished Dragonspyre yet.

We DEFEAT Malistaire in Dragonspyre. He dies.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Good question, but the answer is slightly disturbing. Morganthe used powerful black magic to raise his corpse from the dead, and force him to be her servant. Many people were also confused about the end of Xibalba, but what really happened, is that the Comet you and Malistaire were fighting on starts to break apart as it enters Azteca's atmosphere, and unfortunately for Malistaire, he was standing on a part of the comet that just so happened to break off, and float out into the abyssal depths of the spiral.

Blaze Stormmancer

Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
malistair came back alive that was the first part of wiz101 so this is the second part (aka adrian)

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Actually he is dead. There is only one way. Morganthe brought him back to life! It is that simple!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
pyro52701 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Actually he is dead. There is only one way. Morganthe brought him back to life! It is that simple!
Actually she didn't really bring him back to "life". She made him into an Undead creature and he was really mad at her for doing it.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Morganthe has something to do with it...

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Malistaire WAS dead.

1) why is he called 'Malistaire the Undying' then?
2) I remember at the end of the DS battle Malistaire went off with the ghost of his wife.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
Blaze Nightblade on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire died actually so i dont know how he came back? Maybe its his ghost.
No, Morganthe recovered her deck of shadows, and got his tomb. You can see his tomb by doing "The Pyramid Of the Black Sun" in three points but defeating Belloq, the narrator reveals Malistaires tomb which can also be found in DS. Morganthe has the capability of reviving the dead, and in this case it was Malistaire, but instead of Drake, "The Undying". So remember it's not his ghost, it's him, in zombie form.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2013
Hi Amy willowtamer here to answer your questions how did Malistare came back?! well first of all in Dragonspyre remember the quest that your supposed to defeat Malistare? And you know about the story how he wanted to bring his wife back! yah yah we know when you defeat him he becomes a spirit!!!! And be with his wife awww
Well as you go to celestia you see Morganthe wanna know who the heck she is!? Go check out Kingisle blog villians
when you read you noticed Morganthe and Malistare have something in common they wanted something back!
Malistare when you defeat him he was with his wife he was now good but then Morganthe wanted more power so she needed a plan!
she need Malistare to destroy us so she brought Malistare back to life and made him stronger and yah your probally wondering Amy when are we going to defeat Malistare again? well his new name is Malistare the undying and he has better spells and you must reach a cerntain lvl. Malistare the undying is located in Azteca and there you see Morganthe but dont worry your not gonna battle her now your gonna battle Malistare the undying now you guys know the problem its all because of Morganthe! she causing the trouble to the spiral!!!

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
morganthe has used the necromancers that she took their souls she used them revive him

Survivor
Jan 20, 2009
well um for starters we didn't kill him I don't think and morganthe is the shadow queen and so she probably went to the underworld and told him you can get vengeance on who you hate and he said I am now happy and they fought and finally she put the curse on him and brought him back to the living world.

95 Daniel firebreaker like a boss

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Morganthe made the Dark Moon Priestesses use their necromancy to bring Malistaire back. The magic was so powerful it also revived all of the dead in Azteca.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2011
Survivor
Jun 14, 2014
I think you misunderstood the . I think what that person was trying to say was if you defeat MALISTAIRE IN D.S how does HE come back to life Maybe its because someone evil revied him or he is death so........ now i'm confused. ANYONE know the anwser

hope you understand better now

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
Korix on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
This has to be the truth. anyone who is reading this comment listen very carefully.
When malistaire died in Dragonspyre, when Celestia came out and when KingsIsle
created a new villian: Morganthe, she must have watched or hired a boss/ minion like the one you meet
in that Azteca dungeon that has a staff, can't see face but can see eyes and has wings. That minion/
boss must have went to Dragonspyre and spied on you. idk how but he had to follow you. when you killed
Malistaire, the minion/ boss reported to Morganthe that malistaire died so, while you were busy in Zafaira,
Avalon or Celestia, she was busy resurrecting Malistaire. i may have not reached to Azteca but
i watched the dungeon online. it's called:
Wizard101 AZTECA (Xibalba) Final boss solo + endingI am Kyle Griffinhunter: a life wizard that is Transcended. I'm in Zafaria. And i think Bartleby's eye is with Morganthe. How? Well Malistaire had to be working with her in secret. How do you think she knew malistare? Anyway, she must have used it to travel to all of the worlds in the spiral, seeking her items to rule over the spiral.

I know that you are confused but if you want to meet me in Wizard101, look for the name Kyle Griffinhunter. I am always in the Lincoln realm so you should switch there to meet me.
this may be true, but it clearly states that morganthe studied death while she was in ravenwood, so who's the death teacher at the time? MALISTAIRE!!! morganthe probably wanted to show her teacher how much more powerful she is by resurrecting him as the grim reaper.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2014
Simple. He didnt die. He was defeated.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Alexis Starblade on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
Simple. He didnt die. He was defeated.
He did die, he was transparent. As to how he came back, he's undead, Morganthe summoned him from the dead.