Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Useful Pet Talents?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
Well there is one thing that really ticks me off and i know there are others that have the same problem.

Well spends fortunes at a time on the hatchery cause i feel a good pet is useful. I have hatched lots of scarecrows (at a lower level) and a deer knight. One of the scarecrows had a pedigree of 65 and i really wanted to train it. I did and at ancient, it got pip o'plenty which i enjoyed, but adult and ancient talents were attribute boosting talents. I put hours into that game training the pet only to find that it does not help me at all. Also, the deer knight has a pedigree of 64 and at teen and adult it has 2 attribute bossting talents as well. This is outrageous. If i spend days of playing and train a pet I dont want to find out it is going to do nothing for me. An even worse thing is, i see others with pets that have pedigrees in the 50s and have talents like vengance and unicorn. I would at leat appreciate something from the pets, just not an attribute boosting talent.

I mean i know that the talents are what they inherit from parents, but it is just not fair. Many of us put our blood sweat and tears into training and get nothing out of it.

Plz Plz Plz KI do anything about this. Something like only allowing lower pedigree pets to have attribute boosting talents. Or even making a way an owner could tell if a talent was attribute bossting or not before they get it. (without giving away the talent of course)

Plus for you KI more people would train their pets knowing that the talents are going to be useful. And players would purchase more mega snack pack-increasing revenue.

The players would love if you did something about this.

~Brady FireBlade

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Hatch with someone who has bred selfish talents out of their breeding line is my only suggestion.
You can also buy a sea dragon which has no selfish talents, then keep hatching with that dragon. Eventually you will eliminate the selfish talents in the gene pool. Either way it is going to take a lot of time and gold to get a pet that has no selfish talents, and ten times that amount to get your ideal pet.
pods

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
The whole point is that pet talents are catergorised in rareness. The catergories consist of: common, uncommon, rare, and ultra rare, things like critical talents, spritely and unicorn are in the category Ultra-rare.
Pip O' plenty is in the rare. Things like attentive and hearty are common, so you're more likely to get things like that than things like spritely. KI will not raise the percentage of these ultra rare talents because It would be like like cheating (lvl 20 person with criticals?)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
It was mentioned once about making it so that only common/uncommon slots would manifest selfish talents and i feel that would be the best option that way when receiving a rare+ talent you were always getting soething good.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
GoldRoseKnight on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Well there is one thing that really ticks me off and i know there are others that have the same problem.

Well spends fortunes at a time on the hatchery cause i feel a good pet is useful. I have hatched lots of scarecrows (at a lower level) and a deer knight. One of the scarecrows had a pedigree of 65 and i really wanted to train it. I did and at ancient, it got pip o'plenty which i enjoyed, but adult and ancient talents were attribute boosting talents. I put hours into that game training the pet only to find that it does not help me at all. Also, the deer knight has a pedigree of 64 and at teen and adult it has 2 attribute bossting talents as well. This is outrageous. If i spend days of playing and train a pet I dont want to find out it is going to do nothing for me. An even worse thing is, i see others with pets that have pedigrees in the 50s and have talents like vengance and unicorn. I would at leat appreciate something from the pets, just not an attribute boosting talent.

I mean i know that the talents are what they inherit from parents, but it is just not fair. Many of us put our blood sweat and tears into training and get nothing out of it.

Plz Plz Plz KI do anything about this. Something like only allowing lower pedigree pets to have attribute boosting talents. Or even making a way an owner could tell if a talent was attribute bossting or not before they get it. (without giving away the talent of course)

Plus for you KI more people would train their pets knowing that the talents are going to be useful. And players would purchase more mega snack pack-increasing revenue.

The players would love if you did something about this.

~Brady FireBlade
I see the viewpoint here. Knowing the talents your pet has non active but shaded out would be a nice addion without changing the current system what shows up. This would make the appeal less for shop pets that cost alot of crowns on the other note.

Pets and them most of the time failing keep many players paying subscriptions and or buying crowns etc. If it was not for pets i would not even be playing.

the nut cracker pet came out for a limited time it took me 8 fails to get the single talent out of the cracker without a selfish being carried over. Then another 14 failed hatches to get the new fairy talent into a pet that already had sprite,proof, defy, unicorn. It was very intense on the mega talent since if anything other than mc unicorn or mc tower the pet would be another mega failure.

Even when someone has what seems to be the perfect pet is mixed with something close to pecfect the result most of the time is a fail. Keeps us playing :) as time passed and I have done more and more getting better pets the good ones show up more often ;-)