Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Well, to start off, I finally got another subscription (returned from being a crowns player), I want to say that some new grafting gear HAS to be added, or some gear to be changed. As you may know, Life Death and Balance are the 3 schools that go for power pip chance. Also, the crafting gear for those schools gives accuracy instead of power pip chance, which I don't find it making the gear too good of a worth to use.

I do pvp.. A LOT. And, I don't like wearing the Armored Boots of Avalon, except I NEED its block rating to continue in pvp. What I think should happen is that Life Death and Balance should have power pip chance crafted gear, and forget the accuracy, or just make a different variation for all the crafted gear level 76 or higher for ALL schools. Thanks! And I'm sure a lot of other wizards will agree on this, so please add this to wizard101 KI.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
That was my biggest complaint with the Avalon crafted gear. I am a Death Archmage and my accuracy is now like 103% with my gear and pet. I am happy at the no fizzles, but in order to get block (WW gear does not provide enough block for Avalon) I had to sacrifice power pips, from the low 90s to the high 60s. Toss in a loss of damage of like 15% or so and I am moving backwards to go ahead.
My wizard was most powerful with my WW gear/WT gear and crafted ring/athame and a double damage pet.
Now I am trying for a triple damage pet to make up for the loss. Might even try to work pip o plenty into my pet as now I have to wait an extra 3 rounds per fight.
It is almost an even trade off getting hit an extra 3 rounds for the lack of block. I might just cast conviction on the first round to allow me to weather the initial mob attacks.
It is really frustrating giving up something you want for something you need.
As it stands now, there is no other way around it that I see. Even using the Sidhe staff for pips wont help. as my accuracy would be like 115% and I would give up critical and block.
pods

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
pods1973 on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
That was my biggest complaint with the Avalon crafted gear. I am a Death Archmage and my accuracy is now like 103% with my gear and pet. I am happy at the no fizzles, but in order to get block (WW gear does not provide enough block for Avalon) I had to sacrifice power pips, from the low 90s to the high 60s. Toss in a loss of damage of like 15% or so and I am moving backwards to go ahead.
My wizard was most powerful with my WW gear/WT gear and crafted ring/athame and a double damage pet.
Now I am trying for a triple damage pet to make up for the loss. Might even try to work pip o plenty into my pet as now I have to wait an extra 3 rounds per fight.
It is almost an even trade off getting hit an extra 3 rounds for the lack of block. I might just cast conviction on the first round to allow me to weather the initial mob attacks.
It is really frustrating giving up something you want for something you need.
As it stands now, there is no other way around it that I see. Even using the Sidhe staff for pips wont help. as my accuracy would be like 115% and I would give up critical and block.
pods
I never really had an interest in the hats and robes, but the boots, sadly, are needed, but the crafting gear favors Myth, Ice, Fire, and Storm, and just ignores Balance, Life, and Death. That's what I never liked in the first place, losing all damage, power pip chance, resist, and heal boost just for block, critical, and accuracy. I'd be glad to trade some of the critical and if not then all of the accuracy for power pip chance and heal boost, as they're very important, but just getting power pip chance from the crafted gear would be enough to please me.