Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Black Sun Dungeon in Azteca

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2011
my team and i have been questing half the day and we are nowhere hardly because of waiting for positions in fights, but also there are two dungeons that have would not give "all" of us credit at the end and we had to do them three times each for all of us to be able to move on. one is the black sun dungeon in three points and the other is in the maw. i cannot remember the boss's name there. can you please look into this? it is sooooooooooooo very frustrating! these dungeons are long and timely. we would like to move on in the game without these problems.

and while i am telling about a problem, let me say one more thing! you are releasing stuff too fast! how do you expect those of us with multiple players to keep up and most people do have more than one. unless you are a crowns player it is virtually impossible! we cant even get out players out of avalon and here you come with a new part, new pets to train, new packs, new this, new that! wow!!!!!

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Hi,

I'm putting this here because of a second issue I'll address below.

I've been playing the new world today and got as far as fighting Belloq in the Pyramid of the Sun. I have done the fight twice now successfully with two groups of friends. On both occasions my friends quests advanced to the next stage, mine did not. When I go to the back of the chamber following the quest arrow, nothing happens. I can run around all I like, but nothing happens and the quest never advances.

I have reset and run the dungeon twice now, still no luck so I'm stuck in the quest chain.

Now for the second issue. When I went to the customer support page to put in a ticket, it tells me to select a product and include an email. There is no where to select a product on the page, nor a place for an email????

Please help.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
Having the same problem with Center of the Sun quest. I've fought Belloq 3 times now an each time not gotten the quest advance. It *seems* as though only the first person to run to the back gets the quest advance, everyone else has to start over. Sometimes mobs respawn. I've seen the moon skull mobs in the second fight respawn on two different fights. In my third run thru this (and still have not gotten the quest advance), moon skulls respawned after killing Belloq. I don't believe anything is supposed to respawn here, so this seems to be part of the bug, but no idea what causes it.

Another note, in my first three attempts we had four people, but fought only 2 moon skulls. On my fourth run, we fought four moon skulls. They did not respawn afterward. When we fought Belloq we all joined at the same time (instead of the "tank" going first and others joining on second round). At the end, 2 people (myself one of them) got the quest end, the other 2 did not. Belloq remained visible for those who did not get the ending. After a few minutes two moon skull zombies respawned again and we fought them. For those who didn't get the quest, Belloq remained visible standing in the middle of the fight. I could not see him (having gotten the end finally). After the fight, those who didn't get the ending, still didn't get it and Belloq was still there.

So, in total, took four tries to get it. I don't know if mobs respawning or the order you join fights in affects the results or not, something others might keep in mind. Also, who gets the ending *seems* to be affected by who rushes to the back first. Why Belloq "disappears" for some and not for others I don't understand.

This dungeon is badly bugged an needs to be fixed. Azteca is difficult enough as it is without extra things like this going wrong.

Padric Mythforge

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
A lot of people including me, when you are done killing Belloq in pyramid of the black dun, when you go for the quest, the first on to activate the quest at the end is the one who continues. For the people who didnt press the (X) at the end of the pyramid have to RESTART IT! Only one person can activate the quest at the end and its really un fair! My brother and I had to restart that dungeon 5 times! It isnt cool! Fix it please.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
hi, the dungeons of astec, when i'm with a group i dont get credit for the dungeon when it is completed, if you need to pick up something or talk to someone, if somone has allready done it, you are not able to do so, i had to do the first dungeon solo because i was not able to get the to free the person in the cage, and the mine dungeon i dont think i be able to solo that one, i was not able to pick up the badges because someone already had, so i'm bit stuck really. i hope you can sort it out thx. ps it's really nice world.

olwfist

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
This is true. I did it twice. I heard the horn sound that it was done BUT the arrow still points to the altar thingy AND my book still says Explore the Black Sun chamber. WE GET NO CREDIT to move on.. Fix this. I know of at least 3 other people who have the same problem. I won't do it again until it IS fixed. Be sure to let us know when it is.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
i too just did the same quest yet no horn no nothing indicating that the quest was done, please someone fix it soon.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
this is happening with everyone who posted here or on Central. someone would get the quest and the rest didn't. not just this quest but a few others as well.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
So true. I've done it twice now too, and all it says is to explore the Black Sun Chamber. Please fix this. This is very annoying. I go to the back and NOTHING HAPPENS! Again, please fix this KI.

From,Kristen Owleyes.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
Hi,

I have this same issue, i've done this quest over 3 times in A ROW and the arrow still points to the coffin. And wont even let me press "x" to "explore" it.
Please help.

Sincerely yours "Person whose stuck on this quest"

"Balance is key, to perfect harmony."

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Same problem, it won't let me advance, and now i'm stuck here

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
I have just defeated Belloq and i can not get it to work for me either. I do not want to have to do this again.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
that dungeon where you have to locate zaylin reedwalker glitched up.when i beat the dungeon and had to talk to zaylin it wouldn't let me talk to him and i couldn't approach him completely because the cage was in the way and i tried and tried but it didn't work. so ibattled all the enemies and couldn't finish the dungeon. Please help!!

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
Administrator
This issue will be fixed in a 3-4 am downtime on November 16th 2012.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 11, 2012
I had the same problem! I had to solo it three times because the wizard I played with the first time got to finish and I received nothing and could not advance until it was done. What about the crowns spent for henchmen? Do we get those back when the fix is done since we had to repeat the quest so many times just to move ahead???? I think it is only fair that we do, since this obviously wasn't our fault. But on the Aztea world itself, it is alot of fun!!!!!!

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Just got the same bug, now I am unable to advance and its after November 16th.
Was the bug fixed or was it expected to be fixed. Gotta love glitches!!!!!!!! Gonna put in to
have my quest line fixed.
Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I had the same problem with the black sun quest, I did the first black sun quest, which is below the main one,
and found out that the first quest, when the battle is over, instead of running out the door,', stay there, run into the next room, and you will receive a message. Then I did the main black sun quest, and this time it worked. I think we run out to fast. Hope the way I expalined is not to confusing. Also, I would like to make a comment about some wizards think Aztec, was to fast in arriving. I was happy about it and I also have six characters. What I do is take one wizard to new world, I go so far, then I take second wizard there, and take her to the same spot, then each wizard I do the same thing, they caught up with each other. I do like Axtec, the surroundings and graphics, artwork are really beautiful. I thought it was a great Christmas gift. I am disapointed with the new armor and I can not afford crowns to buy the armor in the crown shop. I really think King's Isle did a beautiful job in making Aztec. I am Kelly Spiritcatcher.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
I was there yesterday and i never had any problem moving to my next quest after i defeated I defeated Belloq,if you guys having problem look for me,my wizard name is "benjamin battlethorn" I'll be glad to help anyone to your quest and cya there in azteca.by the way i defeated malistaire.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
I have had the same problem too . Good thing it is over!

Survivor
Nov 09, 2009
OK that happen to me and now i cant get my sun schoool and it wont let me turnn inn the quest to yacate firewalker and now i cant get my sun school things or the other school the blade enchant basically so ya help me!