Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

1000 Stone Blocks for Grand Master Artisan

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
OK, I am losing my mind trying to find enough Stone Blocks to make the 90 Sandstones (plus 10) I need to make the 15 Sunstones! This seems nuts to me. Completing this challenge is not a whim, II just like everyone else working on it now or earlierI have gone through the game, I make sure I pick up any and every reagent I see. I thought by the time I reached Celestia I had quite a stash of Stone Blocks. silly me - I only had 150. I really mean I NEVER miss picking up any reagent I see as I move about.

Here's a clearer look at what they are asking us to do _

To begin you ffirst find out that you will NEVER find a
Sunstone except once in a "Blue Moon" (as my mom used to say) so you need to get a recipe and make them. Here is what you need:

Seal of the Seven Seas Amulet

I have looked at the posts on here and other fansites and what I find really interesting is that KI has never responded to the idiocy of this crafting quest, and people have been asking for at least the last 2 -3 years. I don't expect them to be easy, what's the fun in that, but 1000
Stone Blocks. really?

I don't know what the trick is to get the KI folks to pay attention but if anyone has a suggestion or idea I'm all ears ( Now if we can only get KI to listen)

Sarai Thundergrove, legendary pyromancer - lvl 65

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Well, I think trying to get all the sunstones solely from transmuting is the hard way of doing it. Gardening is another souce; fickle pickles give sunstones, and they also are a good source of fossils and aether, which your wizard will need for the spirit drum quest in Zafaria. You should also check the bazaar periodically; if you see sunstone or sandstone, jump on it, as both sell very fast. Neither are cheap, but when you consider that 3500 gold for one sunstone saves you the trouble of finding 150 stone blocks, IMO, it doesn't seem so bad.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Sunstones are best gotten either by bazaar sniping or by gardening. It is more effort to transmute them, and ends up costing way more gold than if you just garden or snipe for them at 3500 a piece.

Just keep reloading the bazaar until you see a sunstone for sale. Next, click buy more (even if there is just one). When it says sold out (which it will), click 'buy more' again without refreshing your screen. You have just put in an order for any that happen to hit the bazaar in real time. Do this over an over without refreshing and you will have more than you need in short order.
Sorry if this was a spoiler, but if someone is this frustrated at Grandmaster than Legendary will be too hard and we will have one less crafter in the game. Less crafting=less crafting attention by KI.
Good Luck!
pods

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
SaraiT828 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
OK, I am losing my mind trying to find enough Stone Blocks to make the 90 Sandstones (plus 10) I need to make the 15 Sunstones! This seems nuts to me. Completing this challenge is not a whim, II just like everyone else working on it now or earlierI have gone through the game, I make sure I pick up any and every reagent I see. I thought by the time I reached Celestia I had quite a stash of Stone Blocks. silly me - I only had 150. I really mean I NEVER miss picking up any reagent I see as I move about.

Here's a clearer look at what they are asking us to do _

To begin you ffirst find out that you will NEVER find a
Sunstone except once in a "Blue Moon" (as my mom used to say) so you need to get a recipe and make them. Here is what you need:

Seal of the Seven Seas Amulet

I have looked at the posts on here and other fansites and what I find really interesting is that KI has never responded to the idiocy of this crafting quest, and people have been asking for at least the last 2 -3 years. I don't expect them to be easy, what's the fun in that, but 1000
Stone Blocks. really?

I don't know what the trick is to get the KI folks to pay attention but if anyone has a suggestion or idea I'm all ears ( Now if we can only get KI to listen)

Sarai Thundergrove, legendary pyromancer - lvl 65

As you go to higher levels of crafting it does become impossible for most to continue on, even just for the badges let alone craft extra items at higher levels.

What I did for stone block is sat in the first area in Dragon Sprye by the library and just collected and changed realms repeatedly, this is quite mind numbing but what can you do if the items are not in the amount you need while normally questing. I also collected all the ore there and was rewarded every 30 or so collected with a diamond.

At this rate though it does suck the fun out of crafting because now it's turned in to a time pit stopping all normal game play just to collect some items for a craft quest.

Crafting is not going to change to be made easier for us casual wizards, if anything it's only going to be made impossible for a lot of wizards. There are many in the game that like Wizard101 being their second job rather then a fun enjoyable experience it is in lower levels.

Luckily I have no problem letting certain areas of the game just go since my main focus is on questing my wizard though the Spiral and currently I don't even plan to go much past entering Celestia so my requirements in the game are kept quite simple.

Be practical with how much time you put into other areas of the game. Decide what is important and what is just an "I want that". I have played the game a few years, all the players I started with are gone. My original Wizard is now retired. I have made several others since and deleted many of them. I still enjoy the game for what I joined it for but my time spent playing is less then 1/2 now. I look to the game as stress relief not to create it.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2011
When I was building my house, I just went to Kropatokia for the stones...they are everywhere!!!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Brwc is right about this area: "What I did for stone block is sat in the first area in Dragon Sprye by the library and just collected and changed realms repeatedly, this is quite mind numbing but what can you do if the items are not in the amount you need while normally questing. I also collected all the ore there and was rewarded every 30 or so collected with a diamond."

You can also collect Stone Blocks in the Academy of DS. You just have to run the whole Academy until you know where they will show up.. There are 6 spawning sites in the Academy, but once you learn where they are, you can get a routine down for collecting them. They do sometimes drop sandstone or even sunstone and fossils.