Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You know what guys, i'm done.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Guys, Celestia is too hard, too boring. And I always have to collect this! Collect that! They can collect it them selves, their cowards.

In gaming, I might just, quit. I'm sorry, but I just might. And its getting more boring, so i'm sticking to Pirate101. I mean Azteca, looks boring. I mean ill stick to watching people playing w101 but I just might get on w101 at occasions.

So i'm sorry, and my life has been hard with me. KI, I played w101 since 2009. I like the old days. I wanted to follow the plot-line. Not new worlds that wasnt in the Celestia thing (Anybody noticed?)

I mean I met some great people here. Like hunteray09, your my friend on w101 I mean we havent talked much but its fun to talk to you on the message boards.

Darthjt, you came with a great idea to keep the game clean, now your gonna be famous. And thats all.

I mean idk if I forgot more but really, Celestia is too hard, and i'm sticking to P101. P101 is not that hard compared to W101. *2 years later P101 has a world hard as Celestia* Ohmygosh....

But my membership will expire soon. It will be a countdown til' I go. Ill still post here until then, but guys *Hangs wand up* I'm done. I'm becoming a pirate.

Thanks for the memories guys, hope I was a good player here~Wolf

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Wolf Strongshield on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
Guys, Celestia is too hard, too boring. And I always have to collect this! Collect that! They can collect it them selves, their cowards.

In gaming, I might just, quit. I'm sorry, but I just might. And its getting more boring, so i'm sticking to Pirate101. I mean Azteca, looks boring. I mean ill stick to watching people playing w101 but I just might get on w101 at occasions.

So i'm sorry, and my life has been hard with me. KI, I played w101 since 2009. I like the old days. I wanted to follow the plot-line. Not new worlds that wasnt in the Celestia thing (Anybody noticed?)

I mean I met some great people here. Like hunteray09, your my friend on w101 I mean we havent talked much but its fun to talk to you on the message boards.

Darthjt, you came with a great idea to keep the game clean, now your gonna be famous. And thats all.

I mean idk if I forgot more but really, Celestia is too hard, and i'm sticking to P101. P101 is not that hard compared to W101. *2 years later P101 has a world hard as Celestia* Ohmygosh....

But my membership will expire soon. It will be a countdown til' I go. Ill still post here until then, but guys *Hangs wand up* I'm done. I'm becoming a pirate.

I too have the same problem with the game growing past my level of "want to be bothered with".

I think this effects the longer time players because they get to see the before and after so we have something to compare to. It could also be for you, like me, we joined the game for casual, stress relief game play. We have a lot going on in real life and the game was our venting zone. Simple and uncomplicated. As worlds were added this got lost for me compounded by the gear, deck set up, pets, gardening and crafting also going beyond my means.

I now flounder around making new wizards and questing a certain amount and deleting them so I can start over again. My game ends with the Malestaire fight so I have decided not to push the envelope any more - if I can get my wizard to level 60 it can be retired. I have had such issues finding gear any better then that level to continue on with anyway so why not make that the end of the game for me, it's a lot less pressure too.

As for P101 I believe you are going to find that is going to be the same as with W101 as you advance in the game the levels will become more difficult to master making game play less fun. Apparently there are more hard core gamers out there then casual gamers so KI does have to serve up what is most popular to survive.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
Northlite on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
I too have the same problem with the game growing past my level of "want to be bothered with".

I think this effects the longer time players because they get to see the before and after so we have something to compare to. It could also be for you, like me, we joined the game for casual, stress relief game play. We have a lot going on in real life and the game was our venting zone. Simple and uncomplicated. As worlds were added this got lost for me compounded by the gear, deck set up, pets, gardening and crafting also going beyond my means.

I now flounder around making new wizards and questing a certain amount and deleting them so I can start over again. My game ends with the Malestaire fight so I have decided not to push the envelope any more - if I can get my wizard to level 60 it can be retired. I have had such issues finding gear any better then that level to continue on with anyway so why not make that the end of the game for me, it's a lot less pressure too.

As for P101 I believe you are going to find that is going to be the same as with W101 as you advance in the game the levels will become more difficult to master making game play less fun. Apparently there are more hard core gamers out there then casual gamers so KI does have to serve up what is most popular to survive.
That is quite true although i finished celestia about a day ago and goodbye goodriddance but i look back and think it was quite fun.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree that Celestia is very repetitive. For a first time wizard in the spiral:

Krokotopia -> Everything seems so new and exciting! This place is cool!

Mooshu -> Nice and relaxing. Fun.

Dragonspyre -> I payed attention and played with concentration.

Celestia -> I play while watching TV or talking to family. The game sound is turned off. I have no clue what the stories are. And I don't care. Sharks fighting in a Stargate Atlantis city? I'm just passing through...

Visits to Grizzleheim -> ohhhh... time to start paying attention again!

I know nothing about Avalon. I'm keeping it a surprise for myself. I really like the 'new experience'.

Survivor
May 28, 2012
I know how you feel. I really disliked Celestia. I didn't really love Marleybone, either (except the end). It is not a problem with difficulty. I guess everyone has different tastes and I just find Celestia ugly and boring. I LOVE Dragonspyre, Grizzleheim, Mooshu and Zafaria. Celestia had no fun or pleasure for me. It was pure tedium that I endured merely to get to Zafaria, which fortunately I found much more enjoyable. If it had been another Celestia, I might have been hanging up my wand with you. Enjoy Pirate, I am enjoying it although my playing time has been limited. I actually played more in the Beta than I have since the release. I'm not sure if I like the battle format yet or not. Anyhow, have fun! When the fun is gone, I know I will be too.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
I have the same problem and I've been playing since the game first started i liked it without everything having to be crowns and with the main storyline they could've kept adding but something different not like how they have it now life in the spiral has gone from fun to boring and miserable. i really did like this game but it has gotten to the point where it just isn't the same and theres nothing to do anymore. you can't do anything without crowns or life that is really high or anything but yeah. Its not the same anymore.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
you should never give up because it seems hard or it changed. if the game never changed it would seem every world is the same as wizard city just with harder bosses.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010

Sorry to see you go. But have fun with P101.
If Celestia is boring an repetitive to you then you will hate Zaf,Ava,Azt. They get worse.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2011
what is a good lvl to go into celestia? cause i went there at lvl 48. but now i'm a lvl 50. and celestia is still is a pain so i'm worried that i went to celestia early. can some one give me some good advice that would be great

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
This happens to me a lot. I get the urge to quit the game whenever I run into something boring or repetetive. One such time was when I had played for years, and was just tired of the bosses, tired of the quests, and tired of everything. Another time like this was when I hit the max level. So, I quit. Two years later, though, I came back to the game and it felt like I was playing it for the first time. So my recommendation is: take a break. Play Pirate101 for a while, then revisit the game in a couple of years. Or months. Or whenever you feel like giving it another try. Just don't give up completely.

Daniel Sandshard Level 82 Sorcerer

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012

I agree, Celestia is very annoying and difficult, but I am just finishing Crustacean Empire.
Celestia becomes a lot more fun when you start the Science Center, I was a level 55 myth when I first started and the
first things i had to defeat were "Steam Stroller " and they were Balance and only had 1,150 health! and since I just
left Stormriven Hall it was awesome! I breezed through everything and when I get to Zafaria I can almost guarentee that
I'll have more fun.
Valkoor GoldSong - level 57 myth wizard

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
I tried to plat p101 but I don't like it at all. I stick to wizard101. I don't like pirate101 at all.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
dawsdaws1539 on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
I tried to plat p101 but I don't like it at all. I stick to wizard101. I don't like pirate101 at all.
Why? I never played it before but is it boring than wizard101

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
I love Celestia. The challenge is what makes the game fun for me. I can see how people always say some worlds are difficult, but that is the point of leveling up. You can't be going into a new world thinking that it will be getting easier as you go.

You can't escape to Pirate101 because when the game gets older, it's going to turn into a more difficult game. you just gotta keep on keeping on. :)

Survivor
Apr 18, 2012
Trust me I did the same thing when I was in Celestia. I played Pirate101 for a few weeks, and I loved it, but then I just told myself "I'm going to finish Celestia!", I got three of my good friends, and we quested for hours. Don't give up, you'll get through it, and you'll like Zafaria it's fun and easy!

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012

I know how you feel, i quit the game when i was about to go to Science Center
for 6 months and eventually got on again and was dreadfully finishing Celestia
and then BAM!!
i'm in Zafaria and it was incredible and it was like DS again
it was outstanding and perfect quests and everything!
So you should come back and get to Zafaria and decide.
So ummm...
Think about this offer codastar.
Valkoor GoldSong lvl 70 myth

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
dawsdaws1539 on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
What did you find wrong with p101? I tried it, and I liked it. If you don't like, try telling codastar if it's worse than Celestia, so he can get a little bit of advice.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
jackgjr on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
I know how you feel. I really disliked Celestia. I didn't really love Marleybone, either (except the end). It is not a problem with difficulty. I guess everyone has different tastes and I just find Celestia ugly and boring. I LOVE Dragonspyre, Grizzleheim, Mooshu and Zafaria. Celestia had no fun or pleasure for me. It was pure tedium that I endured merely to get to Zafaria, which fortunately I found much more enjoyable. If it had been another Celestia, I might have been hanging up my wand with you. Enjoy Pirate, I am enjoying it although my playing time has been limited. I actually played more in the Beta than I have since the release. I'm not sure if I like the battle format yet or not. Anyhow, have fun! When the fun is gone, I know I will be too.
I agree with you. I despised Celestia

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
ShadowSlayer3120 on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
Trust me I did the same thing when I was in Celestia. I played Pirate101 for a few weeks, and I loved it, but then I just told myself "I'm going to finish Celestia!", I got three of my good friends, and we quested for hours. Don't give up, you'll get through it, and you'll like Zafaria it's fun and easy!
Take pretty much any of the negative comments in this thread and replace "Celestia" with "Root Canal" and you get the picture.

If your game contains large areas where a lot of players share this attitude, then your game is sorely in need of a fundamental reworking.

Maybe replace a lot of the make-work quest elements with something really nice and unique. Structure the quest differently, rotate or subtly conceal content so people will want to come back and revisit, spend some time on the graphics so the monsters and textures all look unique and well-thought-out.

Young players love puzzles and secrets to open doors and unlock new adventures - and hate hate hate churning and grinding and make-work. Maybe have more group-dependent puzzles or navigable props to cut down on the number of "defeat and collect the key/password" types of elements.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009

This is exactly how I feel about Azteca. Yesterday, I decided to give it another try and attempted to collect one of three tokens for a quest. Battling two ice dinosaurs with more power pips their first turn than I have after four turns was awful, and when it was over, I of course did not collect the token. Thus, no Azteca for me.

Celestia wasn't that bad, because my friends who no longer play were still online to get together and battle crabs and eels and all the other creatures. I still farm Nuncio and other bosses there, and made enough gold doing that to buy the Red Barn Farmhouse.

We're letting our membership expire as well, but I won't quit, simply because I am determined to get Legendary Gardener. Go for all your badges, craft some silly housing items and have fun. Kingsisle has given casual players some great options with the new updates and I for one plan to take full advantage of them.

Good luck at Pirate101! Our son tried it for awhile, but got bored and now plays Wizard101 once or twice a month just to hang out with his friends.

Erin Ice Weaver, Transcended Ice Wizard (staying at level 83 forever)

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
In full disclosure, let me state that I am not a casual gamer:

Celestia is one also of my least favorite worlds, but it is also the area that I knew wizard101 would be in my long term gaming list. It was the first world that I was challenged. Game strategy and deck construction started to matter here, especially since I mostly solo. The storyline is not as great as the other worlds, but the game play rocked my socks. I now have all six wizards completed Celestia and honestly enjoyed it.

This is also the point where I can see many players ending their run. Celestia is certainly too difficult for many children to play on their own.

I am an avid helper; if you find that you need assistance with a boss or deck construction, please seek me out.

Cheers,

Moribund

Survivor
Jan 17, 2012
Come on guys, Celestia can't be that hard, sure it took about more than 4 months to finish Celestia, but i'm a patient guy, i was patient, I used to never really work on quests, I quit a long time ago, I came back to Wizard101 about more than 3 months later, I was in either the Science Center or the Crustacean Empire when I came back, finished those up, took me a pretty long while to get the portal to The Chancel working, but after I finished, I soloed The Chancel, then spent a long time finding people who were doing the Trial of the Spheres, but then my lucky day came and I found 2 people doing it, then 1 of my friends ported, we did a strategy of mine after beating the first boss, but then my friend left, so by the time we got to Mithraya, only 2 people were up in her hideout, me and a girl I was doing it with, the other guy was in a battle back where the portal to Mithraya's hideout was, then after he finished, he rejoined us, and it was the 3 of us vs Mithraya, it took forever, since it was almost impossible to get any of our spells off on Mithraya, we managed to take out her minion, so then it was 3v1, but that doesn't mean she didn't put up a good fight, she stalled us for a really long time, but after a while, we were able to take her out, so it requires patience and time to beat Celestia, it took me over about a quarter year to beat Celestia, so it all isn't really that hard, you just need patience and time, who knows, maybe someone could beat Celestia faster than me?

Defender
Jun 18, 2012

ugh, why are you guys so harsh on celestia? you have totally forgotten about the cool spells they have there. I love marlybone, mooshu, and I'm about to turn on dragonspyre. its so hard and I'm on the plaza of conquest. I tried pirate101 and I hate it. its so boring! my friend is on Avalon I think and he didn't mention anything. he just said that marlybone and grizzleheim were the hardest. I will never give up!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Ya just get through celestia. Zafaria is by far my favorite world. Just finish celestia. Get to zafaria

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
Wow guys why do you think celestia is so hard? I think it is quite easy for me, it didn't really take me long to finish to celestia and I soloed most things in celestia (except the final dungeon and other bosses). And when I got to Zafaria it was really easy too like celestia. So people, plz come back to Celestia for once!

Ryan Duskspear Level 90 Death