Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You know what guys, i'm done.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
purrfectgirl on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
ugh, why are you guys so harsh on celestia? you have totally forgotten about the cool spells they have there. I love marlybone, mooshu, and I'm about to turn on dragonspyre. its so hard and I'm on the plaza of conquest. I tried pirate101 and I hate it. its so boring! my friend is on Avalon I think and he didn't mention anything. he just said that marlybone and grizzleheim were the hardest. I will never give up!
You mention cool spells at Celestia. My level 55 Fire wizard has not seen a new spell since level 42 other than an enchantment spell that is useless for my play style. My issue is how long it takes to level up, been over a month at 55 i am on last line now on progress bar which is going to be like forever. I hope I have a new spell as reward for hitting 56. Celestia and Grizzleheim and some of marlybone are tough for us wizards who find it easier to solo worlds rather than find friends on our lengthy lists willing to drop what they are doing to give a person a hand after that person spends so much time dropping their quest every time a friend yells help. So yes Celestia does get old rather quickly.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2013
Wolf Strongshield on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
Guys, Celestia is too hard, too boring. And I always have to collect this! Collect that! They can collect it them selves, their cowards.

In gaming, I might just, quit. I'm sorry, but I just might. And its getting more boring, so i'm sticking to Pirate101. I mean Azteca, looks boring. I mean ill stick to watching people playing w101 but I just might get on w101 at occasions.

So i'm sorry, and my life has been hard with me. KI, I played w101 since 2009. I like the old days. I wanted to follow the plot-line. Not new worlds that wasnt in the Celestia thing (Anybody noticed?)

I mean I met some great people here. Like hunteray09, your my friend on w101 I mean we havent talked much but its fun to talk to you on the message boards.

Darthjt, you came with a great idea to keep the game clean, now your gonna be famous. And thats all.

I mean idk if I forgot more but really, Celestia is too hard, and i'm sticking to P101. P101 is not that hard compared to W101. *2 years later P101 has a world hard as Celestia* Ohmygosh....

But my membership will expire soon. It will be a countdown til' I go. Ill still post here until then, but guys *Hangs wand up* I'm done. I'm becoming a pirate.

Thanks for the memories guys, hope I was a good player here~Wolf
Never give up, And by the way pirate101 gets to be the same thing (level 26 witchdoctor) Once i got to cool ranch all it is is defeating 10 Storm raider ships then 8 more then 1 super boss ship etc It gets repetitive with ships and gets even more annoying TRUST ME thats exactly why i quit but if your determined and you like it keep playing but i am just saying it gets repetitive just like celestia
Have fun and i hope you dont expierience what i did in pirate101

~Wolf deathcaster
Level 46

Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
spotdog23 on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
That is quite true although i finished celestia about a day ago and goodbye goodriddance but i look back and think it was quite fun.
Ya, I agree after beating celestia I'm just not motivated to do zafaria.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Isirius on May 19, 2013 wrote:
You mention cool spells at Celestia. My level 55 Fire wizard has not seen a new spell since level 42 other than an enchantment spell that is useless for my play style. My issue is how long it takes to level up, been over a month at 55 i am on last line now on progress bar which is going to be like forever. I hope I have a new spell as reward for hitting 56. Celestia and Grizzleheim and some of marlybone are tough for us wizards who find it easier to solo worlds rather than find friends on our lengthy lists willing to drop what they are doing to give a person a hand after that person spends so much time dropping their quest every time a friend yells help. So yes Celestia does get old rather quickly.
Isirius, do your level 48 spell quest (Or possibly all of our school quests). If you don't have the spell "Fire Dragon" go to Dalia Falmea (Or however it's spelled) immediately and level 55 wizards get a new spell that they must quest for in Wintertusk. And at level 58 you get a great spell that I wish I had. Sorry if my reply is too late! And in Zafaria you get a great great spell (at level 68). Then at level 88 you get a cool spell. I hope that helps!
A random wizard out there who loves this game.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
Well i have been on since like 2008 and that was fun but now it's turned into you HAVE to level and really train hard or you won't go anywhere i played so long that since i played all the special events i am over leveled and started celestia at level 59 aand its still hard for me but if they would make it just a bit easier i would be happy like why does a minion of a boss start with like 4 or 5 pips

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
Hey, it's okay, don't leave!
Personally, i really don't like P101, I guess it's just because it's a whole new start and you have to start from level 0.
I thought on P101 you had your level and stuff, and you could get different cards and you'd have much more different quests, but i was really wrong.
Also, celestia is really a pain, i dislike that world a lot but whatever quest that helps me level up, i'll do it. C:
~Courtney

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
I feel really bad for you guys. I have my brother that helps me all the way and he is always there and we are a great team. I'm life and balance and he is myth and ice (2 different wizards) and we run the place. And we get stuck even still sometimes. So, we make a friend online, get off for the day and they are like 5 levels ahead of us and we ask them to help because they are some much better. Partnerships in friends work. Accept for Astrelus we did the entire trial of the spheres alone.

Celestia isn't that hard with friends so consider finding a few.

Amber Rainbowstone - level 61

Sierra Hex - level 33

Ps. how different is p101 to w101? I don't like pirate based themes, but I still wanna know

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I will say this first- Celestia is hard. And its supposed to be that way! You can't climb levels assuming it gets easier along the way! I agree that once you hit certain levels it seems to even out, but the point of Wizard101 itself is to challenge the wizard throughout the game. Wouldn't it just be boring if you breezed through everything and reached level 90 in a flash? At some points, yes, it does get repetitive and a little boring, but if you endure through these parts, the game turns out to be great . KI keeps the mood by letting you gain critical rating and sun, star, and moon spells, too! Obviously, Celestia is a great starter for the next storyline, even if it does get a little frustrating at times (collecting!!).

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl.55 Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Wizard City: Cool! I am a wizard!

Krokotopia: New world! How awesome!

Marleybone: Easy and fun

Mooshu: Relaxing and easy

Dragonshyre: Nice, a bit hard

Celestia: Hard and frusterating and boring

Zafaria: Fun, easy, step down

Avalon and Azteca: ???

Survivor
May 27, 2009
jackgjr on Nov 12, 2012 wrote:
I know how you feel. I really disliked Celestia. I didn't really love Marleybone, either (except the end). It is not a problem with difficulty. I guess everyone has different tastes and I just find Celestia ugly and boring. I LOVE Dragonspyre, Grizzleheim, Mooshu and Zafaria. Celestia had no fun or pleasure for me. It was pure tedium that I endured merely to get to Zafaria, which fortunately I found much more enjoyable. If it had been another Celestia, I might have been hanging up my wand with you. Enjoy Pirate, I am enjoying it although my playing time has been limited. I actually played more in the Beta than I have since the release. I'm not sure if I like the battle format yet or not. Anyhow, have fun! When the fun is gone, I know I will be too.
I actually love playing in Celestia. One of my fave worlds

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
Well hello I have felt the same way for a long time. Celestia is long, boring, hard, and just to much of "Do this for me, do that for me!" Now I do not want to complain to much because if I were to do side quests, pay more attention, and maybe take a look around I could get to like it.

Now on to my second theory. Why did they make Celstia so long and hard. I understand they want to challenge us but come on it is so boring I watch youtube on my Xbox while playing this on mute.
All I ask is for a update to shorten or exciten it up a little more.

Now my list of my worlds and what I think of them:

Wizard City: I was a young wizard listened to the story and enjoyed the game.

Krokotopia: WOW a new world I am loving it!

Grizzlehiem: I liked it at first but for a lot of my ice spells I need to get far there, come on!

Marleybone: I loved every inch of it! Nothing to complain about here~

Dragonspyre: Again story was cool I just never paid attention to it. Always on mute with youtube.
Wysteria: I thought it was strange but actually liked the story. No idea why.

Mushoo: This is my personal favorite yaaay cows and bulls and pigs and all the rest lol.
sorry for my spelling on Mushoo lol

Trevor IceCaster lvl 55

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
celestia isn't that hard. as long as you have a friend to help you. celestia can get a little boring I honestly had no idea what I was doing there. but then a level 90 friend of mine helped me with the final dungeon. Thomas legend breaker I think? I'm not sure. anyway then when you get to zafaria it is a huge adventure! the reason why your there is a lot more clear. then when you get to Avalon, the quests get hard but you know the main reason why you're there. Zafaria, to find the student exchange program, Avalon, to get the sword of kings. i'm not in Azteca yet so I don't know why your there or what the quests are like.

ok so what i'm trying to say us that it gets easier, trust me. Justin fire thief level77

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
Guys, Celestia is too hard, too boring. And I always have to collect this! Collect that! They can collect it them selves, their cowards.

In gaming, I might just, quit. I'm sorry, but I just might. And its getting more boring, so i'm sticking to Pirate101. I mean Azteca, looks boring. I mean ill stick to watching people playing w101 but I just might get on w101 at occasions.

So i'm sorry, and my life has been hard with me. KI, I played w101 since 2009. I like the old days. I wanted to follow the plot-line. Not new worlds that wasnt in the Celestia thing (Anybody noticed?)

I mean I met some great people here. Like hunteray09, your my friend on w101 I mean we havent talked much but its fun to talk to you on the message boards.

Darthjt, you came with a great idea to keep the game clean, now your gonna be famous. And thats all.

I mean idk if I forgot more but really, Celestia is too hard, and i'm sticking to P101. P101 is not that hard compared to W101. *2 years later P101 has a world hard as Celestia* Ohmygosh....

But my membership will expire soon. It will be a countdown til' I go. Ill still post here until then, but guys *Hangs wand up* I'm done. I'm becoming a pirate.

I have posted here before but I thought about my answer and now I actually agree AND disagree.

So I agree because like me there are people playing for fun so they can enjoy the game, not try and try to win and get all mad at the game for how hard it is.

I disagree because (From what I have seen and heard) Malistaire was suppose to be the ending and when people started beating him over and over they wanted more worlds. So Kings Isle made another world with more challenge and a lot longer. Now the people who played it when Celestia first came out blew straight threw it because they had time to go back, do side quests and level up to prepare. Then people like me who didn't bother with side quests had trouble because they never prepared much.

Now on no my story. When I first found out that you had to be at least level 48 to enter Celestia I almost threw a party because when I defeated Malistaire I got to level 48. Again I never prepared so my first boss battle I had to have a friend help me. I thought maybe it will loosen up but nope. I almost cried myself to sleep it was so hard for me. This game I started playing for fun to cool down and enjoy life.

But now I play to win. Full on war. I am a ice level 55, as we know they ice are meant for lots of health. Well guess what? I use Frost Giant and strike around 2500 each time. It's normal damage is 475.

This game is war to me, if I lose I come back and try over and over again. See ya on the battle field fellow wizards!

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
ChampCC101 on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
Come on guys, Celestia can't be that hard, sure it took about more than 4 months to finish Celestia, but i'm a patient guy, i was patient, I used to never really work on quests, I quit a long time ago, I came back to Wizard101 about more than 3 months later, I was in either the Science Center or the Crustacean Empire when I came back, finished those up, took me a pretty long while to get the portal to The Chancel working, but after I finished, I soloed The Chancel, then spent a long time finding people who were doing the Trial of the Spheres, but then my lucky day came and I found 2 people doing it, then 1 of my friends ported, we did a strategy of mine after beating the first boss, but then my friend left, so by the time we got to Mithraya, only 2 people were up in her hideout, me and a girl I was doing it with, the other guy was in a battle back where the portal to Mithraya's hideout was, then after he finished, he rejoined us, and it was the 3 of us vs Mithraya, it took forever, since it was almost impossible to get any of our spells off on Mithraya, we managed to take out her minion, so then it was 3v1, but that doesn't mean she didn't put up a good fight, she stalled us for a really long time, but after a while, we were able to take her out, so it requires patience and time to beat Celestia, it took me over about a quarter year to beat Celestia, so it all isn't really that hard, you just need patience and time, who knows, maybe someone could beat Celestia faster than me?
Impressive. An entire long sentence without periods. (No sarcasm.) But yeah, it is good sometimes to take a break and then rejoin. It lets you take off a lot of your steam.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I loved all of the worlds, up to Celestia. I almost went insane doing all the defeat and collect quests. Avalon was a bit better, it actually had a thought-out storyline and related to the arc. But Azteca? My friends have defeated Malistaire and don't even get why it matters. I don't either. All the battling quests are ridiculous and have no real story to them. I didn't even follow the world. All I can say is, the final world had better step it up and actually make sense and be fun to play.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
bunnyboymiles on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
This happens to me a lot. I get the urge to quit the game whenever I run into something boring or repetetive. One such time was when I had played for years, and was just tired of the bosses, tired of the quests, and tired of everything. Another time like this was when I hit the max level. So, I quit. Two years later, though, I came back to the game and it felt like I was playing it for the first time. So my recommendation is: take a break. Play Pirate101 for a while, then revisit the game in a couple of years. Or months. Or whenever you feel like giving it another try. Just don't give up completely.

Daniel Sandshard Level 82 Sorcerer
You are right, i got extremely bored of the game so i quit for about a year then i came back and it was like it was my first time playing again.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
My LIfe wizard would still be in Celestia if it wasn't for a lucky pet hatch. I was bored so me and my friend hatched our Forest Lord, and Pheonix pets (mine was the pheonix) and the result was an Inferno Lord (with Forest Lord card.) I gave the pet to my life and I made a deck where i only had blades and waited until my pet card was up then i would attack. It ended up working, and I still use that strategy today, but I use the actual spell now. Now I just got my WW gear for my life and I just started ZF.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008

Well, i really don't think it's all that hard...
I'm still in DS and i've actually finished the main storyline with my friend within 2 days...
I don't see why you feel like complaining.
It's not hard at all so i really don't know... what your problem is with Celestia.

Balance

Ice |Death|Myth|Storm|Life|Fire

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I know it may seem hard but the 2nd arc. Is all about change. I know some wizards might not like it but yes these new world will require you to change your tactics and the way you play. If you don't like it quit but if you learn how to play the new arc it can still be fun. I admit celestia wasn't the most fun but I didn't dislike it and I'm having tons of fun in ZF right now.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I am also getting bored of Wizard101. I often take breaks that end up being months, or even a year, long. The story line is not as interesting as it was previously , and I miss how Wizard101 was when there weren't as many worlds. However, I cannot stand leaving something unfinished, therefor I will not rest until I have finished the game.

~ Kimberly DragonCatcher
~Level 57

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Zafaria is a huge step down you'll love that

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
i hate celestia too im level 58 up too stormriven hall and all of celestia is boring im staying on wiz 101 however

=waste

but celestia =worse

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Don't do pirate101 its gets to be just as hard as wizard101 ( Level 7 witchdoctor) but worse. I started questing in Celestia on Sunday and thought it was super easy till the first boss. i haven't defeated bosses lately so its easy again. just what im saying is don't give up being a wizard who saved the spiral!

Angela Gem, Level 51, school, currently in the Grotto, Celestia

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Tolaris on Apr 26, 2013 wrote:
In full disclosure, let me state that I am not a casual gamer:

Celestia is one also of my least favorite worlds, but it is also the area that I knew wizard101 would be in my long term gaming list. It was the first world that I was challenged. Game strategy and deck construction started to matter here, especially since I mostly solo. The storyline is not as great as the other worlds, but the game play rocked my socks. I now have all six wizards completed Celestia and honestly enjoyed it.

This is also the point where I can see many players ending their run. Celestia is certainly too difficult for many children to play on their own.

I am an avid helper; if you find that you need assistance with a boss or deck construction, please seek me out.

Cheers,

Moribund
Moribund, I couldn't agree more. Being a helper wizard is often what draws me to the Spiral when I'm bored with questing, waiting for new content for my level capped wizards, or stuck on a crafting recipe. I just love to facilitate for other wizards, teach them little tricks to enhance their battle skills, and generally make sure they enjoy themselves in even the most challenging content.

I also find that the profoundly social environment of the Spiral keeps me engaged. Meeting new people, sharing ideas, being social, these are important elements that satisfy me. I have met some of my very best friends IRL in the Spiral.

About Celestia:

Celestia is very challenging the first, maybe second, time through. By the third wizard, though, it's pretty monotonous. Once that basic set of skills with gear and deck construction are mastered, it doesn't have much to offer in the way of novelty. At this point, looking at Celestia for the 6th time, I prepare myself for speed questing, and I tend to avoid side quests.

To the OP:

Try starting another wizard so that you will have a different quest to complete when you are frustrated with Celestia. Find good friends to quest with in Celestia. When you have the chance, craft the level 55 dual/school gear, and think about honing skills with your secondary school of magic. Focus on boosting critical damage at level 56 or so. Learn the art of shielding. You will be astonished at the power your wizard gains in Celestia, and that will fuel you to carry on to Zafaria, Avalon, and Azteca.

Warmest Regards,

Canny B Moone

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I left the Spiral because of Celestia for a whole year. Zafaria, Avalalon were great after that, and i enjoy Azteza as well.