Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where, oh where, can the scrap iron be?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
Ever since the July 1st update that gave us all the crafting ability i have only found 15 pieces of scrap iron. I had heard that there was a lot in Kinsington Park so i ventured into that dreaded place and found NOTHING!!!! This is just plain wrong KI. I mean first of all i took me and two other people about 4 - 5 hours just to do the dungeon, but to add to the frustration there was no iron anywhere. One would think with all of those robots around there would be an abundance just laying around.
Also, I went into Kinsington Park with 101/200 Golems and came out with 101/200, WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?! Are robots concidered golems or not? If they are then why the heck did I not get credit for them?
One last thing, can you please increase the level cap, and add new spells? There are a few other things i could say right now, but i'll save these issues for a later letter.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I, too, am frustrated with scrap iron collecting. I've been forced to resort to logging on around midnight ET, running back and forth in Knight's Court and Newgate, and cycling through all the "perfect" realms--and I'm *still* only halfway to the required 80 pieces needed to complete this crafting quest. Spent two hours doing nothing but this the other night, and got a grand total of 16 pieces. Ridiculous, IMHO. So here's a couple of ideas:

Since mist wood can be found in every other realm except DS, but scrap iron is (apparently) *only* in MB, how 'bout changing all the mist wood instances there to scrap iron? We can go anywhere for mist wood, why should it appear on rooftops?

How about changing wooden and silver chest rewards to area-specific reagents (like scrap iron in MB)? I don't know about anyone else, but finding Guiding Light and Ghost Touch treasure cards is kinda...meh.

And how about making it so that iron could also be an item drop from rotting-fodder type creatures? There's that early quest about needing scrap metal collected from their shovels, so why not tie the two together?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
You don't have to log on at strange times, or run perfect, though it helps. Just do a 'non-interactive run through the Ironworks, you should be fine.

Midnight is a god time west coast, if you are east coast, try morning before 6. I am a late night west coast player, and I am now finding more than I need. So it isn't a supply thing, it is more of a demand thing...

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
The Crafting needs to CHANGE! period.

The Regiments should be sorted out and put in their 'natural' places.
gemstones of differant types like ruby found in all places of fire,
sapphire in all the wet and ice places, emerald in grassy green areas etc.
As well as flowers etc. respawn times should be no more than a minute or two. Five minutes for real rare regiments.

The amount of regiments you need to craft the Item is (IMO) just plain
INSANE!!! the way crafting is now, IT WILL BE next year maybe longer
to get those 80 Daimonds in DS! And what looks like 2 to 3 months to find
all the scrap iron you need. Each world the crafting gets more and more rediculas (spelling) while I get more and more fustrated and MAD, not
to mention I'm spending all my gold and time on making these things that
I can not even use to better my wizard. just to end up selling them to the bazaar for a fraction of what I put into it.
(IMO)
I would change to a differant way of crafting by means of
'Making Better' 'Enhancing' 'Enchanting' the Robes, Wands, Treasure
Cards, you already have. With anywhere from 1% to 5% for failure,
depending on what you are crafting.

The above would be the basic all type of crafting.
THEN you could go into Crafting school and start in on crafting Clockwork Golums or other house hold items, could go into cooking crafting.
gemstone jewerly crafting etc. Each has its own crafting table too.

Question , what would happen if KI added in the items made from the cooking craft and sold in a bakery shop or maybe the regiment vender could sell them as well. BUT all the items made from cooking, after eating them
would like 'Buff' your wizard in some small way. like 100 more life or mana.
when its used up its gone, gotta eat another cake.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I enjoy crafting in other games. I would enjoy this crafting a lot more if I didn't need so much to craft everything. I am starting Marleybone and I do not craft anything because I know I should save the mats I have because the crafting quests take A LOT of mats to use.

I hope the crafting is a little better balanced in the future.

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
gozzie0801 wrote:
Ever since the July 1st update that gave us all the crafting ability i have only found 15 pieces of scrap iron. I had heard that there was a lot in Kinsington Park so i ventured into that dreaded place and found NOTHING!!!! This is just plain wrong KI. I mean first of all i took me and two other people about 4 - 5 hours just to do the dungeon, but to add to the frustration there was no iron anywhere. One would think with all of those robots around there would be an abundance just laying around.
Also, I went into Kinsington Park with 101/200 Golems and came out with 101/200, WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!?! Are robots concidered golems or not? If they are then why the heck did I not get credit for them?
One last thing, can you please increase the level cap, and add new spells? There are a few other things i could say right now, but i'll save these issues for a later letter.
hey gozzie i have found tons of scrap metal over at the scotland yard in marleybone right next to the entrance to knights court. i say there alone i got fifty plus scrap metal there. happy hunting :D Paul Fireward, master pyromancer