Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wild bolts getting ridiculous

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 14, 2008
well while going a pvp match.... we were all grandmasters and the other team had 3 storms and 1 life wizard........ and I belive we had 2 death 1 storm and 1 myth..... and this was crazy since I am a myth wizard i have low life..... commander gear helps immensely in PVP but does it help TO much? I mean all 3 storm wizards did NOTHING but buff wild bolt then storm lord..... I mean with commander gear you get 19% accuracy boost and that can make you get 29% for wild bolt... with increase a nice little 39% which hits sort of often.... and they just sat there destroying us...... when I used orthrus and a death wizard used scarecrow and storm wizard used storm lord we almost killed all of them but the life healer used rebirth twice! I mean how can you get so many power pips! i got wild bolted twice..... I died followed by malorn shadow and then storm wizard dies.... all that was left was one death wizard who attempeted to scarecrow but go wild bolted and storm lorded so he wsa stunned and next round guess what! wild bolt again :?

so can we stop chain moves in PVP please.... ( ah the heir of chain stunning lol )

Survivor
Mar 06, 2009
lol your right but they just cant stop it many people do this and its annoying but you have to face it you just need a team that can help you win agaist those people its the arena so deal with it ROFL :D

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
I have to agree on the wild bolt thing, way over used and abused. It gets old, but then the rest, its fair really. Its a combo, you could use on them, they can use on you, same old same old, 4 vs 4 pvp is insanely long and hard so if you don't have the time or the pateince don't do it, 1 vs 1 is always a good option. Rebirth, it gets annoying, but its all a life can do really, they can't multi, and their power ups stink. So to leave it as so, its not broken, chaining is fair, and high level 4 vs 4 pvp is insane.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I agree. Before I used to think you could always shield and stuff. Now, I think different...

Yes, Wildbolt has gotten a little under control now, and people who aren't storm are using it too many times. I think it's Ok to use it once or twice, but using it 24/7 is ubsurd.

When people spam wildbolt and are winning , I just think "They don't have skill, they just have luck." I don't take PvP seriously though, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Anyways, good luck all of you in PvP! :D

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
in practice pvp i'm ok with it but in ranked pvp, that's a problem.

10% accuarcy isn't low at all, in fact wild bolt hits as if it were like 50%

i don't see why kings isle is so adamant about not nerfing wild bolt.

banning it from pvp isn't the answer, they should cut the power in half. it would still be a very good card for the level you get it at.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
OK wild bolt doesn't need any fixing! The whole point of storm is HIGH attack power and low accuracy! Wild Bolt is the strongest single hit in the game without it storm would be some school where people get shocked

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
Up until a little while ago, I didn't really think that Wild Bolt was that bad, and people were just exaggerating when talking about how unfair it is. I quickly changed my mind after a _certain_ match.

My Balance wizard is a GM, and I was dueling a Storm wizard who was continually telling me that I was just "another weak Balance player." Throughout the match he was telling me that I was weak, and told me I was nothing without shields, minions, and Judgment (for those of you keeping score at home, he basically said I was nothing without ANY of my spells). I am happy to say that I was beating him pretty soundly until it got to be where I was at about 2000 health, and he was at about 300. His negative comments stopped for a moment, but quickly came back. He proceeded to hit me twice in a row with Wild Bolt, ending the match with me at 0, and him at about 10 health. After the match he said, "You see Duncan? You're nothing." The Wild Bolts themselves were ridiculous enough, but the attitude that was packaged with it made me want to report the player very badly (I didn't, wasn't sure it was a ban-able offense).

I'm still trying to figure out how he managed to hit with Wild Bolt twice in a row. The accuracy would've been 10% + 15% (arena gear) + 20% (Sniper) at best (45%), and he managed to hit me twice. A spell that can turn around a duel that quickly should either be banned, or nerfed.

Thanks for listening,
Duncan E, A disgruntled duelist

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
well i never lost a match against any storm player in 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2

because i have 3 volcanic shields 4 balance elemental shields and 4 tower shields in case so i never lost a match against any elements but death and spirits schools are a bit hard but i turn around the match with tower shields

level 28 balance WARLORD (doesn't over use judgment)

James Wraith

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I have to agree that wild bolt seems unbalanced, having suffered hits that decimated my teams right through shields. I think the spell embodies the idea of storm though, and, even if you were carried by friends, you were to get commander gear to help with accuracy you should be able to use this spell.

But the spell should only be able to be used by storm, and I think that and increase in pip usage should be instituted. The percentage chance should remain the same because you can still use a lower accuracy against them effectively zeroing their chances. The increase in pips is to decrease spamming, should a couple storm have all power pips, just by shear chance they would hit you at least once and probably twice for the finish. Allowing only storm to use this spell keeps it a unique spell, and one that can be predicted a bit more easily.

IMHO

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
happydoggy10 wrote:
I agree. Before I used to think you could always shield and stuff. Now, I think different...

Yes, Wildbolt has gotten a little under control now, and people who aren't storm are using it too many times. I think it's Ok to use it once or twice, but using it 24/7 is ubsurd.

When people spam wildbolt and are winning , I just think "They don't have skill, they just have luck." I don't take PvP seriously though, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Anyways, good luck all of you in PvP! :D

I only used wild bolt once and it was not in pvp i was a myth wizard so i thought hmmm maybe a wild bolt can work. i am being honest when i say THIS WAS THE ONLY TIME I USED WILD BOLT IN BATTLE.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
What about reducing Wild Bolt to just "600" damage attack?!?

I have Storm Wizard (with Wild Bolt now) and I won't mind if "KI" decides to change Wild Bolt attack damage to only 600!

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Here's what I think i understand both sides but its hard to fix wild bolt i understand from one side that it does major damage with a short pip count and lots of damage ( trust me as a war lord you get that a lot )

but now think about it from a storm's point of view he has 2 power pips he tries to bolt fizzles now he gets a any kind if pip well from the circumstances he might as well just use stormzilla or Triton rather then waste time bolting so if they raised the pip amount storms would really find no use for it because they have a better chance just using stormzilla triton or storm lord

its fair and unfair at the same time just try to see it from both points of view

sincerely

foulsteel

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Foulsteel,

Please don't copy and paste the SAME reply to multiple threads. I think we all are more than capable of understanding your point of view from one reply.