Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

distract and taunt?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Could someone please tell me what these apparently useless cards are for so I can either learn and use them or get rid of them. Thank you in advance

Hero
May 02, 2009
bilg wrote:
Could someone please tell me what these apparently useless cards are for so I can either learn and use them or get rid of them. Thank you in advance

Well they basicly make the enemy focus their attacks on you. It's useless in pvp, but it can be helpful when fighting the monsters.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2009
These spells are only good outside of pvp and only when you have 2 or more players involved in battling some monster.

Distract is to deflect attention from your character and to another character. Very handy when you have brought attention to yourself by nailing the monsters or killing them with some spell.

Taunt is used to draw attention to yourself and away from your teammates so they can have some peace.

If you are soloing, these spells are useless.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
They are to either taunt your enemy (draw his attention and attacks to you) or distract him (make him want to go after someone else). I find them to be a waste of time because they do not always work. My Minotaur minion only uses taunt, so the enemies will attack him and leave me alone, but half the time they attack me anyway. Hope that helps.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
Thank you all who replied. And if that is all they are good for I will remove them from my deck, I mean come on, I do like to solo but when others are with we are usually helping each other out so.....
But, I might just keep the distract and throw it on people that jump in a fight uninvited! (hehe)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
bilg wrote:
But, I might just keep the distract and throw it on people that jump in a fight uninvited! (hehe)

Oh, now you've done it. Great idea. :-)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
I have had this same question for a long time. Also, does this work solo with a minion? For example, can I use distract and direct attention toward the minion? Or does it only work for wizards?