Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeat Timmy Icepick

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Hi there,

I defeated Timmy Icepick and received a piece of paper with a code. However, when I return to the character that sent me to defeat Icepick, the character continues to send me to defeat Icepick again. It is as though I never defeated him. I do not receive the XP points for completing this quest from the character as I should. Can you please advise?

Thank you so much!

Rowan WildBlood

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
This is happening to me as well.

I've defeated him and William Pugsby still tells me that I need to defeat him. I did it three more times and still to no avail.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
This is also happening to me, I would love to know the solution to this problem because now I am stuck!

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
TheStormWitch wrote:
Hi there,

I defeated Timmy Icepick and received a piece of paper with a code. However, when I return to the character that sent me to defeat Icepick, the character continues to send me to defeat Icepick again. It is as though I never defeated him. I do not receive the XP points for completing this quest from the character as I should. Can you please advise?

Thank you so much!

Rowan WildBlood

This is happening to me too! Has anyone figured out how to overcome this?

Survivor
May 23, 2009
I'm also having the same problem. I beat Timmy yesterday and went back to talk to the guy and he keeps telling me to fight him. Quest helper is saying find the guy to talk to though so its conflicting on what to do. Anyone have a solution to this?

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
I ran into the same problem tonight and posted it in Halston's Laboratory, then contacted Help and Support. It must be a bug, as quest helper does not show that I need to beat Timmy anymore, it just says to talk to Pugsby (Pugsly? whatever...). I hope to hear from Support soon....

Good luck and stuff,
Alia Winterbright

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
(I read this on the Wizard101 Central.com page, so thank them.)

To get Pugsby to accept you have beaten Timmy, you need to have walked to him, not ported. Go to Pugsby and start to walk up the ramp towards the Midnighters (Red Name Burglars).

Once you have stepped foot on the same rooftop as the Midnighters, you should hear the horn of the quest being complete. The key is to look where your Quest Finder arrow is pointing. If you beat Timmy and port to Pugsby, you will see the Quest Finder arrow pointing AWAY from Pugsby, toward the Midnighter's rooftop to complete the quest.

This apparently was a bug in Beta as well...