Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Impossible to get sword?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I have noticed a few things about swords.
1. They dont sell the lvl Forty swords at bazaar.
I mean come on. They sell the lvl forty five ones but not lvl forty ones.

2. No matter how many times i try I cant get a mooshu sword.
I have defeated Jade oni at least 20 times. And i do it about three times a day. Never got a sword. I have tried oyotomi, War oni, Plague Oni, etc. Nothing. Most of the time I do these with my brother and my friend Robert Nightstalker but my brother always gets the sword. My brother is lvl forty five, I am lvl forty three. I know i am the right lvl to get a mooshu sword but it never gives me one. Its weird..................

Hero
May 19, 2009
its not impossable, maybe if you dish out more damage then your brother you will get a sword. i do know whoever kills more enemys or inflicts more damage always recieves more xp, so maybe its the same for items

i have also heard that different realms will give you different items from the boss. sounds untrue to me though

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
star123z wrote:
I have noticed a few things about swords.
1. They dont sell the lvl Forty swords at bazaar.
I mean come on. They sell the lvl forty five ones but not lvl forty ones.

2. No matter how many times i try I cant get a mooshu sword.
I have defeated Jade oni at least 20 times. And i do it about three times a day. Never got a sword. I have tried oyotomi, War oni, Plague Oni, etc. Nothing. Most of the time I do these with my brother and my friend Robert Nightstalker but my brother always gets the sword. My brother is lvl forty five, I am lvl forty three. I know i am the right lvl to get a mooshu sword but it never gives me one. Its weird..................

Well I have been to the Bazaar a lot now that it opened in Olde Town. Your right, but I bet you it's because the Wizard City Area is for Trial Players mostly. Except for the member areas. Do you HAVE to be lvl forty to get a sword I mean really. Wait....... was the sword name in red and not yellow?????

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I think the chances for a sword are less than 2%. I have farmed with several characters and it seems to be about this rate. Therefore, if you are one of the unlucky ones, 100 battlecircles might not bring you one. Doesn't stats suck?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Star i had the same exact problem as you. I must have killed Jade oni 100 times too. He never dropped it. The oni seem to not drop it that much, go for people like Oyotomi in vilage of sorrow, or Tomugowa the evil in ancient burial grounds. After killing jade oni 20 times with no results i killed Tomugowa onc and got his sword. Try different bosses, if you get no results from these two after a while, go for tree of life bosses, many drop a sword

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
DarthNexus wrote:
its not impossable, maybe if you dish out more damage then your brother you will get a sword. i do know whoever kills more enemys or inflicts more damage always recieves more xp, so maybe its the same for items

i have also heard that different realms will give you different items from the boss. sounds untrue to me though

Don't feel bad I'm a Grand Master Balance Wizard and I have not been
able to get my sword either. I have tried to many times to count, I have
tried sense Beta! to get my sword and NEVER have gotten it. I have
in a group been the one that even killed the Oni, still no sword. after
trying for literaly one solid month (thats all I did) I gave up on getting it.
plus the sword looks better, than it is in battle.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
its not true enemys do not give defferent items in each realm i get the same stuff no matter what realm they are in and i shuld know i am a level 46 necromancer.

Malistare's apprentice, James Starstaff