Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The ELEMENT that unbalances pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
ok, i am a lvl 41 life guy, and i have played enough pvp matches to know that storm wayyy unbalances pvp. One time i played a bunch of guys my lvl. At first i thought it was a fair match. Until i realized that they were all storm and life guys. So, i thought i would use the life turtle tequnique. It worked. Until they pulled storm lord and tempest( the guy that did temest had maxed out his pips) and my WHOLE TEAM OF LIFE PEOPLE WERE KILLED IN ONE TURN. And heres another point. even if you are a low lvl storm guy, lightning bats(lvl 5) does the same damage ratio as nature's wrath. I mean so whatif storm people got the lowest heath and accuracy? They can just PLOW THROUGH people and monsters alike. There is no way to counter storm too. You just gotta deal with it. :( I honestly don't think that there is any solution to this unbalance but, make storm have a few less spells that attack entire teams with about as much damage as a centaur WITH two life blades AND a life trap.

Post responses anyone reading this do you agree with me that storm unbalances pvp? Or do you disagee? POst replys plz.

-Stephen Ironheart lvl 41 life\fire mage.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
This is very ironic for anyone that has ever done PvP with a Storm mage. I this is coming from a life person. Life heals. Simple statement but it has ruined many the Diviner's hope of victory. Yes I agree that Storm does quote-a-bit of damege (you know its bad when lvl 40 plus become a normality that you can beat )
So is Storm unbalenced? No, no more then any other school.

Storm for ever.
Dugan TitanFist, Magus Diviner.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
It sounds like you were simply overpowered, and if you were getting hit by storm lord then the other team may have had grandmasters (storm gets storm lord at lvl 48, and if that guy had maxed out power pips then he must have been a grandmaster because only grandmasters usually have such a high power pip percentage since they can use the gurtok athames and rings).

Anyways, storm is perfectly balanced by the fact that they tend to fizzle more often than other schools. Life isn't made for attacking, but storm is, so the other team already had more firepower than you thanks to the storm wizards. When doing group pvp, you usually want a team of wizards from different schools. Having a team of wizards all being of the same class also means they all share the same weakness of their school. In case though, I'd say you had a level disadvantage more than anything else. A team of well-equipped grandmasters can easily smash a team of low level masters.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
Once again, another complaint. I really hate to see people complaining about things, especially when it has something to do with your spells and your school. When you complain like this, your sending a message to KI saying that it needs to be changed. Storm shouldn't be changed at all. Storm is perfectly balanced. It has low accuracy AND health. So storm is actually at a disadvantage if anything. And I'm not just saying this because I am storm.

Justin Stormstone,
Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
May 29, 2009
sorry, I disagree. No way to counter storm? I see lots of ways to counter storm. Storm shields, tower shields, weakness, absorbs like spirit armor. Take advantage of the fact that they're accuracy isn't as good. The turtle/heal, turtle/judgement, turtle/anything strategy has run its course I think. People have found ways to beat that.

Hero
May 19, 2009
TheBlackNight123 wrote:
ok, i am a lvl 41 life guy, and i have played enough pvp matches to know that storm wayyy unbalances pvp. One time i played a bunch of guys my lvl. At first i thought it was a fair match. Until i realized that they were all storm and life guys. So, i thought i would use the life turtle tequnique. It worked. Until they pulled storm lord and tempest( the guy that did temest had maxed out his pips) and my WHOLE TEAM OF LIFE PEOPLE WERE KILLED IN ONE TURN. And heres another point. even if you are a low lvl storm guy, lightning bats(lvl 5) does the same damage ratio as nature's wrath. I mean so whatif storm people got the lowest heath and accuracy? They can just PLOW THROUGH people and monsters alike. There is no way to counter storm too. You just gotta deal with it. :( I honestly don't think that there is any solution to this unbalance but, make storm have a few less spells that attack entire teams with about as much damage as a centaur WITH two life blades AND a life trap.

Post responses anyone reading this do you agree with me that storm unbalances pvp? Or do you disagee? POst replys plz.

you say there is no way to counter it, you just gotta deal with it? there are multiply ways to counter storm, there are at least 4 different shields you can use to reduce the damage

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
Ok, I am a Grandmaster of Storm and you are life, and your complaining? No, if they take out Tempest and Storm Lord, then Storm mages would be very weak. And you didn't even think about that now did you? The only thing that Storm mages can do will be Triton. And if they even took out the Storm Lord and Tempest, then the game would be unbalanced. If you are versing Storm, just deal with it and stop complaining

-Goodwill

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I'm sorry, but storm is NOT unbalanced.

My level 29 balance wizard has 1820 health, but my level 34 storm wizard WITH CROWN GEAR only has 1544.

As has already been said, there are so many ways to counter storm, it's not even funny. Weakness, storm shield, absorbs, tower shield, and black mantle, just to name a few.

I have myth and fire alts besides the balance and storm, and the only one I ever felt had to respec was the storm.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
TheBlackNight123 wrote:

lol lol lol lol you know what i fel is not fair that a life can heal so fast that if you dont kill in one hit there full of life the next round and that can go on and on and on and then they win i feel life can heal way way to fast maybe they should not have rebirth and half of there other heal spells that sounds fair to me life is not weak in no way and life can hit real hard just like all the schools you just need to learn to play better and not think of ways to take from a school so you can win have you ever fizzled to death no im sure not i have fizzled ever time and found myself dead and starting over i would say more then 10 times and have lost many many times in pvp over a fizzle but hey thats cool theres stuff i can do for that if you had a storm you would be on here saying storm need more i say go play in the game get more lvls (grandmaster)then come back and pvp and you would be better off scot deathhammer-grandmaster-balance-fire-storm-noob myth

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
i have to disagree ny friend. i have made storm and it is the easiest school to one hit. with all grandmaster gar they get 1980 health. with my death having SOME of the gear he gets 2706 my fire has around 2500 balance is at 3000 ice is going to be 4000 when new worlds come out i sure lol . but storm has AMAZING amonuts of damage. if i do say so myself i have underetismated my power against players more than enough times i can tell you lol. i fought balance with his storm shield AND tower shield and i still one hitted him lol with like for boosts and 1000 damage point triton.

The only spell i dispise when NOT used by storm is wild bolt. but thats for a different thread. good luck in pvp and i hope you o great. take some advice.
if storm gets best things from damage get storm resists. 5000 damage minus 41% hits around 3000 so. whoo. and life gets plenty of heals and buy storm shields maybe some tower shields? that helped me lots against wild bolters so maybe you will survive that tempest? (tempest so far is highest damage in game :P 14
1102 )

tyler travis and thomas spiritstrider grandmaster storm fire and death

-Treyrules12

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
wow thought I would never see the day people think Storm is over powered.

If you group then group with another storm then. Get some shields up when they get high pips up.

Perhaps focus on the guy with low health (the storm guy) that isn't casting and just building pips.

Group pvp is about coordination. A fire person can do the same thing to you with heck hound and has multiple attacks that do damage over time to remove your shields.

Weakness and absorb help and coordination within your team to shield appropriately. You can shield in between rounds even with a damage over time spell on you.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I disagree.If storm was any weaker it would be ... well bad. Just buy weakness and tower shield cards from libraries. I had a storm friend, and when he was around 8 levels higher than me, I think I had more HP then him. I'm a life wizard, and my strategy is just save up a bunch of pips by putting a bunch of blades and shields on your team, and then just pummel them with rapid centaurs and seraphs. Use spirit armour a lot and heal use guiding light if you aren't dying. and don't discard heals. You never know when even a minor blessing can save you. The other schools, just use your schools strength. myth summons minions, death, buff your drains to heal, fire put a bunch of damage over time spells, you get the point.

Oh and what is turtle strategy?

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
No need to be rude but our spells usually fizzle and we have zero healing(unless we take life and/or get the pixie spell).
Life is healing and barley attacking.My sis always needs help with her quests because you guys have little attacking so she took storm and she loves both.
You may not realize it but You guys end up being the saviors of the Match!You guys have the unfair advantage lol.So just take a secondary class to boost your life class.That usually helps.I suggest Death,myth,storm,or balance.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
TheBlackNight123 wrote:

Well, I can personally beat storm people VERY easily with a huge fire dragon combo. I beat one with the highest amount of health I've ever seen (you know, health from a storm wiz), and she had about 2036 health! They aren't the easiest or the hardest; you just have to think up the right combos to beat them. As for life people, I don't know what to tell ya. They're just impossible to beat ESPECIALLY with spirit armor, which really isn't a problem if you're death (xD). But seriously, it's life people that really unbalance PvP.

~Michael Thunderspear
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Defender
May 24, 2009
No specific elemament unbalences pvp its just how you use your cards

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Dude. Feint helps A LOT. Why the heck do you think it unbalances it? It;s the way you use your cards in pvp. It's your fault you lose battles.