Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Banned

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 19, 2009
i was just wondering how you can tell if you have been banned, do you get a notification of any kind or are you just unable to log on to wizard101?

Administrator
Hello!

Oh! such a distasteful subject, but a valid question. If an account is banned, or sanctioned in any fashion, an email is sent to both email addresses on file (yet another reason everyone should double check their addresses and make sure they're valid!) and, if you try to log in to the game, you will receive a very large note on the screen - most difficult to miss and not at all cryptic.

Additionally, you can't post on the message boards :)

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
MrLincoln wrote:
Hello!

Oh! such a distasteful subject, but a valid question. If an account is banned, or sanctioned in any fashion, an email is sent to both email addresses on file (yet another reason everyone should double check their addresses and make sure they're valid!) and, if you try to log in to the game, you will receive a very large note on the screen - most difficult to miss and not at all cryptic.

Additionally, you can't post on the message boards :)

I also have a question about this topic. (Not that I enjoy it) I was doing pvp with my best friend (Logan) and we make a great team. We were wining and the opposing team have said a curse word at me. (The A word I will leave it at that, not trying to be inappropriate.) And I have put him on notice I reported him, so he will not do it again. But he also have reported me, and my friend, and we NEVER use offensive language and we did not curse then, or ever. Yes, during the match me and the opposing team have used the words "noob" and "owned" or "pwned", but those are not curse words, and they are not blocked. My friend only said "Meet fluffy :)" and "lol" but thats it. My point I am trying to get at is I hope you guys look into the report before we get banned for no reason. However, I do not abuse the report button, unlike the other player i was fighting. I feel as though something should be done about this FLASE reporting and cursing. So we may not only enjoy the adventures of wizard 101, but improve it as well.

Your Loyal Player Zachary StrongHunter.

Hero
May 19, 2009

I also have a question about this topic. (Not that I enjoy it) I was doing pvp with my best friend (Logan) and we make a great team. We were wining and the opposing team have said a curse word at me. (The A word I will leave it at that, not trying to be inappropriate.) And I have put him on notice I reported him, so he will not do it again. But he also have reported me, and my friend, and we NEVER use offensive language and we did not curse then, or ever. Yes, during the match me and the opposing team have used the words "noob" and "owned" or "pwned", but those are not curse words, and they are not blocked. My friend only said "Meet fluffy :)" and "lol" but thats it. My point I am trying to get at is I hope you guys look into the report before we get banned for no reason. However, I do not abuse the report button, unlike the other player i was fighting. I feel as though something should be done about this FLASE reporting and cursing. So we may not only enjoy the adventures of wizard 101, but improve it as well.

Your Loyal Player Zachary StrongHunter.

it seems like you brought the bad language upon yourself, most people dont like to be called noobs or having the fact that they are losing or lost rubbed in their face

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Lol no need to curse, just shows how weak you are if you have too lol psha i'm age 14 and i'm calling them weak for cursing ahahaha

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
I was also reported by this other kid cause i reported him. I don't like to get in trouble. I did tell him "you just reported me for no reason and that will also get you introuble, for false reporting" KI reads the reports (I hope) before any harsh action is taken. This is only the second time (since i've been playing) that i have been reported..lol..and both times all beacuse i reported them(ugh) makes me not want to REPORT anyone anymore.

But the last time i reported this kid named Arthur something he deserved it for being...can't even say it here..but if anyone here would have seen the things he wanted to do to me and the things he was saying i was shocked that people like that play this game. it's just SICK!!! (i did send KI a letter about it too)
So, i really hope KI reads the reports and maybe even review the game when this happened and they will have better knowledge of what i'm talking about, and that type of people are banned forever.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Just like Revengerguy and cdd93, I have been reported due to reporting another person. I was doing PvP with a friend of mine, and soon a wizard on the other side began calling me a "BIG NOOB!" and things like that. I told him it is fine being noob, and to please control his anger. Still, He continued with his most unappreciated behavior. A spectator also insulted me, maybe being friends with the rude wizard. Later, when we were winning, my friend said he had no cards, so thats why he was passing. He then began insulting my friend, telling him many insults that were even ruder than his insults he said to me. His partner told him to be nice and to be a good sport. The wizard still continued insulting , and I could take it no more. I reported him when the battle ended. I left the arena and went to see Diego. When that happened, a message pops up and says, "YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED!" I do not understand this. I have simply said nothing wrong. :(

Anyways, my question is: What happens to the person who has reported you for no reason?

Thanks! :D

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
happydoggy10 wrote:
Just like Revengerguy and cdd93, I have been reported due to reporting another person.

Anyways, my question is: What happens to the person who has reported you for no reason?

Nothing! But after KI looks into it, if the language etc. was bad enough
they will get a warning or banned message the next time they login.

I believe KI works on the 3 strikes your OUT theory.

(add in) The PvP ranking list should be on a auto updater game mechanic
that refreshes every hour.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
oh please I believe the ONE or BEST THING about KI is they have to read the reports. I get reported ALL THE TIME.

And nothing happens because I am usually reported for telling people abruptly that i do not accept friends! That is subject to change and i have that conversation LESS since i turned off the option (thank goodness) but I am OFTEN telling people I am not a travel agent, I can NOT take them to mooshu or whatever, cause i am not interested, I AM NOT PAID TO HELP, I am NOT here to further their game.

Don't get me wrong when approached right I am a great friend, but i am an adult and I have children and i am NOT interested in playing with kids. I normally have adult friends on the game and I like that just fine.

To often are these kids quick to push the report button, I can only imagine why they do or what they say. However, if I was banned or something equally unjustified happened just for not wanted to add someone or trying to get rid of some annoying player, I am likely (lol and while this sounds funny its true) to go to texas and visit KI personally.

However, like I said kids will be kids and I am confident that KI is aware of this. So if you find yourself reporting someone BE SURE you report them for the right reasons and when they read the transcripts you will have nothing to worry about.

I wish adults were given a more mature wizard so we can tell each other. AND, in that case I would hope that parents are given a notice NOT to allow their kids to have them, an option that is not given to gift cards and only credit card carriers. So that only an adult can make that distinction.

But that is another story.

What I would like is a response to the reports (albiet rare) that i have made. I would like to know what was done if anything. It would be nice if there were follow up.

But to anyone that reported someone and was reported in turn, you may want to make sure you are in reporting them with dirty hands. Also you might want to keep it to yourself. you could have easily waited until the battle was over clicked on his name and reported and explained.

Stop trying to be police it only leads to unneeded tension.

Good luck all.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
oh please I believe the ONE or BEST THING about KI is they have to read the reports. I get reported ALL THE TIME.

But to anyone that reported someone and was reported in turn, you may want to make sure you are in reporting them with dirty hands. Also you might want to keep it to yourself. you could have easily waited until the battle was over clicked on his name and reported and explained.

Stop trying to be police it only leads to unneeded tension.

Good luck all.

Actually, I did wait after the battle and reported the person. I never told him I reported him or anything like that.

Anyways, what's been done is done. :)

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
sorry from your post it seemed like you had warned them and they knew it was you. In any event, I suppose all will work out. Like I said I am confident that KI reads the transcripts.

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
happydoggy10 wrote:
Just like Revengerguy and cdd93, I have been reported due to reporting another person. I was doing PvP with a friend of mine, and soon a wizard on the other side began calling me a "BIG NOOB!" and things like that. I told him it is fine being noob, and to please control his anger. Still, He continued with his most unappreciated behavior. A spectator also insulted me, maybe being friends with the rude wizard. Later, when we were winning, my friend said he had no cards, so thats why he was passing. He then began insulting my friend, telling him many insults that were even ruder than his insults he said to me. His partner told him to be nice and to be a good sport. The wizard still continued insulting , and I could take it no more. I reported him when the battle ended. I left the arena and went to see Diego. When that happened, a message pops up and says, "YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED!" I do not understand this. I have simply said nothing wrong. :(

Same here. My friend Brittany was being reported because she had reported our opponents in a 2v2 ranked match. The other 2 people were calling us "benches" "as" and stuff like that, which sounds like curse words. Then they kept reporting her until she decided to flee because she was afraid she would be banned. Now I've never seen her online anymore, and I'm guessing she's been mistakenly banned. She was a grandmaster death I think. :(