Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new life wizard and deck management

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Hey all.

I am kind of new to the game. Level 29 Life Wizard with Death and Balance backing it up.

Anyways. I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some tips on deck management. I have gotten so many cards now that I just can't decide on what to put in my deck.

I want to try to put as meany heals as I can so when I run into other players I can help out the best way a life wizard can. But here is the problem I have run into.

Should I mix up the attack spells with life and death or just focus on one? I really only use two balance spells and they are the spirit trap (i think thats the name) and spirit blade (I could be wrong on the name of the cards but one puts life death and myth traps on one opponent and the other puts the same schools but blades on you).

Anyways any tips would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

BTW if you would ever like to contact me ingame my life wizards name is Eric Wildstaff.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
Avadon wrote:
Hey all.

I am kind of new to the game. Level 29 Life Wizard with Death and Balance backing it up.

Anyways. I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some tips on deck management. I have gotten so many cards now that I just can't decide on what to put in my deck.

I want to try to put as meany heals as I can so when I run into other players I can help out the best way a life wizard can. But here is the problem I have run into.

Should I mix up the attack spells with life and death or just focus on one? I really only use two balance spells and they are the spirit trap (i think thats the name) and spirit blade (I could be wrong on the name of the cards but one puts life death and myth traps on one opponent and the other puts the same schools but blades on you).

Anyways any tips would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

BTW if you would ever like to contact me ingame my life wizards name is Eric Wildstaff.
It's never a good idea to use your secondary schools for their attacks, especially later in the game. Secondary schools can't use power pips. Focus your training points on spells to enhance your main schools spells and use your main schools spells to attack. Use your prisms when up against life opponents. Spirit blade and trap were great choices, but in death I would stop at feint. In addition you need not limit yourself to one deck. Have one deck if your playing a support type wizard and another if your playing solo. Switch between them depending on your situation. Hope this helps. Thanks, Kieran

Defender
May 15, 2009
Yup, what Kieran said.

Don't go overboard with deck size; the bigger the deck, the bigger influence random-chance has. Keep it simple; you don't need a bunch of different spells. Build a straightforward strategy and use the cards you need (and only those you need) to execute it. You want the card you want in your hand when you want it and mitigating the odds is how you best facilitate that.

Life has good traps/blades which increase your damage output; use them rather than non-life spells. I don't see death spells adding a whole lot of value (I'd really have to play that combo to really comment on it though.) since it does damage and self-heals (which Life already effectively does) and due to the aforementioned power pips (which should be around one in three for you right now). Balance spells are a good idea since you're already playing a support class and it appears you like to play that role (I like to play my Mystic/Shaman in other games...lotta fun)

Multiple decks is a good idea but your main deck should fit everything except the epic boss fights where you have to group and the battles are much longer (more heals, more cards overall, primary role being healer/buffer rather than damage.)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Assume you will need four of your best attack spell. Let us assume it is a 4-pip spell. With a 33% power-pip chance, you should need two zero point spells, which is good, a blade and a trap for each. Add 3-4 heals (small) for yourself, more if you are a group healer. For the healing, you will need some more zero-pip cards....perhaps shields?

As you are death 3 feints. I also like the spirit blades (carry 2-3) from Krok (Lvl 25 Balance, from Niles). At your level and power-pip, good mangement might end up having a few non-power pips...I stack one vamp spell, and carry an Amulet of Eyes (Cyclopes, 3 pip). These use the other blades in the spirit trap. I also include a reshuffle. >>>Remember to add prism if necessary.

That is a deck of 25 cards or so. That means you'll probably get what you need without discarding. A Seraph with spirit blade, life blade, life trap, and feint is over a thousand damage. (note, Vampire with spirit blade and feint will give 350 x 1.35 x 1.7 = 800 points, as good as two pixies for healing :) )

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I agree with the previous posts. Also, it's a good idea to use death wands with a life wizard or at least any wand other than life. The reason being they won't activate your life traps and blades. My life wizard has the same set up as yours, life main with death second, after feint I went with ice for tower shield and picked up spirit blade and trap from niles. I also make my own satyr treasure cards to keep in my sideboard. Combine satyr with keen eyes to make treasure cards with 100% accuracy. You never know when you might need that healing card and this way you will always have one ready. It's not much fun playing a life wizard, needing a heal, only to not have one in your hand. Thanks, Kieran Dragonflame

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Awesome thanks for all the info.

Yeah I have augmented with balance for the traps but just discovered the wonders that are Fient lol.

But anyways always glad to be in a game community that is so helpful.

Thank you all

Eric Wildstaff lvl 33 Life/Death/Balance

Survivor
May 04, 2009
well you always want to have a pixes in your deck so you can revive yourself