Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

GoodBye, Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Sorry that i'm leaving to all faculty and my friends but i'm leaving to another MMO that is a bit more mature in my eyes.

I was one level from completing balance, Duncan DragonMancer level 47.

Please accept my feedback (why i posted on Halston's Laboratory)

PLEASE fix the stunning and beguiling in PvP, stun shields are a waste of a training point.
PLEASE make ranking more fair. my lower characters always had grandmasters to fight.
PLEASE increase DragonSpyre X.P and put a little more fun in it, i always had a weeks delay everytime i got a dungeon quest from the difficulty of a SPIDER.
PA-LEEASSEEE increase many item drop percents. People dont want to waste their day to get one item then another battle gets something better in first trys.
ALSO, it would be extremely fun if you made a level where we could become adult wizards (still the filtered chat is on or altered chat from accounts menu).
Crafting is a bit too hard...what is a cooldown in crafting? Your hands get tired from making a dagger? I understand cooldowns in spells in other MMOs but seriously, it takes forever to gather the reagents and craft it.
I believe i will never see a carousel after taking a look at the price and all those regents.

I'll be back someday Wizard101. GOODBYE!

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Daany2 wrote:
Sorry that i'm leaving to all faculty and my friends but i'm leaving to another MMO that is a bit more mature in my eyes.

I was one level from completing balance, Duncan DragonMancer level 47.

Please accept my feedback (why i posted on Halston's Laboratory)

PLEASE fix the stunning and beguiling in PvP, stun shields are a waste of a training point.
PLEASE make ranking more fair. my lower characters always had grandmasters to fight.
PLEASE increase DragonSpyre X.P and put a little more fun in it, i always had a weeks delay everytime i got a dungeon quest from the difficulty of a SPIDER.
PA-LEEASSEEE increase many item drop percents. People dont want to waste their day to get one item then another battle gets something better in first trys.
ALSO, it would be extremely fun if you made a level where we could become adult wizards (still the filtered chat is on or altered chat from accounts menu).
Crafting is a bit too hard...what is a cooldown in crafting? Your hands get tired from making a dagger? I understand cooldowns in spells in other MMOs but seriously, it takes forever to gather the reagents and craft it.
I believe i will never see a carousel after taking a look at the price and all those regents.

I'll be back someday Wizard101. GOODBYE!

stunning and beguiling its ok , you can just buy stun shields treasure cards

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
bye!

I am not being mean but I agree there are many things that need to be fixed, and I for one am not spending one more crown that i buy until it is fixed. However instead of leaving i decided to let my sub run out and stay in free area.

I assume in time KI will do things like adjust and balance the ZEKE clothes (which they lowered the stats on) and raise the caps.

I too am not interested in doing much else until those things are done. In the meantime I will play around and talk to friends.

This is a great game I just wish they spend as much time trying to improve it as they do thinking of ways to for us to spend gold or crowns.

Hope you come back when they do duncan.

Hero
May 19, 2009
all of you complain to much about how the game should be drasticlly changed, but if you havent noticed there are still millions of people who are happy with it and still play this game.

and even if they were to listen to you and make those changes to the game you would still find something to complain about. but its not your fault, its human nature to always want more

now on chain stunning, i for one thought chain stunning was being stunned 2 or 3 times in a "ROW". so why is it the stun shield stays until it is hit with another stun, shouldnt it only be active for one turn

and there is nothing wrong with the xp in DS if you play without skipping quests(doing every quest in a world before moving to the next one) then you should reach level 50 half way through DS

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Thank you very much i suppose we should just be quiet and smile, right?

If anyone has an oppinion good or bad they should not only say (because they are paying for a service) but be allowed to speak their own mind without having to bow to what you feel is a larger consensus (also because this in not a free service.)

So I am glad you are happy, since you can not speak for "millions" I will ignore that attempt to make your feelings the more important ones, and just say as it your right and place to post your "happy" feelings it is equally important for others to express their discontent.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Sojourna,

Well said.

Far as the original poster though, I wish you the best in adventure and fun wherever you decide to play. I will however throw my two cents of advice and hopefully you and others will see what I mean.

I have played tons of MMO's even BB ones back in the day when this industry was getting its feet wet at colleges around this country. In every , let me say this again every MMO or game there are bugs and problems, ranging from social issues to interface issues all the way to balance issues, let alone game mechanic tweaks. So no matter what game you find yourself at your going to find that no game is perfect and all MMO's will take time to mature. You will never find a game that will have everything you feel should be in it or should react in this way, just won't happen. However you can find the good things of a world and mold your RP character to it, ive done this a million times depending on what style or goal I was after from that particular service.

With that said, my advice is to enjoy what is great about the game after all your paying for that enjoyment, when I find a weakness in the game or area I just roleplay it out and move on, for me that fills me with joy and after all we pay for that.

Be well!

Defender
May 15, 2009
Sojourna wrote:
Thank you very much i suppose we should just be quiet and smile, right?

Quiet? No. Smile? Yes. Soap-Opera-like violins? No.

Sojourna wrote:
If anyone has an oppinion good or bad they should not only say (because they are paying for a service) but be allowed to speak their own mind without having to bow to what you feel is a larger consensus (also because this in not a free service.)

He spoke his mind per your argument. There shouldn't be a problem. In other words, stick to the point rather than making it personal.
He didn't say anything about 'bowing' to the majority; I think his point was that the game probably isn't so broke because millions are fine with it. Perhaps the problem isn't the game but rather your perspective of it.

Airstrike's point on MMO's is completely correct; you would be wise to digest it.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Hello pot? Meet Kettle.

RoloX2

Not sure why but you seem to have a lot to say about my posts but i shell stick to this one.

The last shall be first "airstrike" did make good points all of which I made no bones about. However I post spoke to DarthNexus, HIS POST, absolutely pointed to the majority. The quote in question?

"if you havent noticed there are still millions of people who are happy with it and still play this game. "

So I was well in my rights to point this out. Having said that let me ask you, How often do you find that you NEED to make a fight out of nothing?

he said one thing I disagreed. In FACT his post was obviously meant to insult both my post and the original one.

With lines like "all of you complain to much about how the game should be drasticlly changed" AND "even if they were to listen to you and make those changes to the game you would still find something to complain about"

He made the insult less blunt by saying it was "human nature" but that did not make the previous comments less biting, at least to me.

So I said we all have a RIGHT to say what I want. What is your point? Are you disagreeing with my assertion that as paying customers we have a right to complain? Or Are you simply just here to make an argument by invoking violins and soap opera comments?

I will repeat, and this time with AIRSTIKE in mind, if you are paying for a service you have every RIGHT to point out flaws in the product, or you can TAKE your money elsewhere. It is NOT your job or any other member to essentially tell anyone who does not agree with your views of the service that thier oppinions are less worthy of posting (and despite your defense of DarthNexus you too are doing just that and without provocation).

Airstrike's observation and take on this situation is correct but while looking for the parts of the game you like is a great way to enjoy the game, you find that improvements can be made, expressing this to the creators is your best route. Not to just keep playing with your fingers crossed that they will add something new that you will like. If that is your approach so be it you are certainly entitled to it. However, just because you like to sit in the back of the classroom quietly does not mean no one else gets to raise their hand.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
This game is still fairly new and it will become better but come on! It is still more fun then others i have played ( Toon town, Clup penguin, Neopets, Webkins, runescape, Fun orbs) But itll get better

------------------------
Just my 2 cents
Cya in the spiral
Alex wildbreaker lvl 48 fire wizard

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I would tend to wager however, that the majority of the "millions" of subscribers, aren't actual people paying for the entire game, but people subscribed to play the free part. The free part, and the paid part are two different beasts.

I for one, fell in love with the free areas, which made me purchase a full subscription. Then, I got into the other areas and decided it wasn't like the first, and I really don't care for a lot of the game. I do like enough of it to stick it out for a month and see what happens.

This isn't the first MMO some of the management in this company have worked on. They also created Shadowbane. That experience alone should give them a heads-up on what people dislike about games, even though this engine and game type are very much different than SBs.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
I think considering the game IS still in development KI probably appreciates our complaints. Yes you are right to say there are millions playing who have no problems with the game, but how would they know where problems lie if the actual players never speak up? And no I don't think KI has the time or resources to deal with EVERY little problem, but when something is posted in the forums MILLIONS of times, they usually pay attention. Don't take it too personally, but just as you have the right to play the game without complaints, we have the right to speak our minds when we are unhappy. Human nature IS wanting more and more all the time, and guess what buddy, you're human too. Just because you don't have complaints about the game doesn't mean you don't do the exact same thing with something else in life. People complain. Get used to it.

(every time I see DarthNexus in the forums he's putting down someone else. Don't worry, it's not you it's him :?)