Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

OK KI fixed the crafting quests to make it fun and

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Time to relook at spawning times for regeants. It has gone from bad to near impossible. There may be more sites for scarp iron but they are hard to find . If someone changes realms every minutes and you are caught behind a few you are out of luck. When few people knew where the spawns where then it was easy but now with say half a million hunting for scarp metal thats spawns slowly it has gone from the ridulous to just plain waste of time.

Since I knew I would need black locust later I thought I would hop over to Mooshu. Needless to say it was even worse then scrap iron. I like the crafting idea but to speed things up maybe you could get more for the items you sell. And let them count for making an item. If anoither player want it.

But I do find it ridulcous that constellation jewel sells for low hundreds in gold and cost high 3 grand in gold to by. What a rip off.

I have noticed very little time difference and still needing lots of items that do not exist. I am not looking forward to dragonspyre. Because diamonds being that rare why bother.

KI you have to make it so there is a better rewards for trying to harvest items than 100 ore and little or no diamonds. Especially when you have tons of players going after those precious few. Either create more diamonds or lower the amount needed.

It is taking the fun out of crafting. Big time.!!!!!!

Crafting can be lots of fun if you get even 1 diamond for every 15 that is still 1125 ore but from the sounds of it even at that high number people have gotten like 20 diamonds.

Time to put your heads together and see what you can change.

Before there is mutiny of crafters and disenchanted players.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
I've been farming areas that look good. For instance, I found the lotus in two areas fairly close to each other. After that, I've been realm hopping to see if there are any that respawn in the new realm. I've had a lot of luck that way. The trick is to find a good area to farm. It's the same thing I did with the scrap metal. I think it is only such a bad problem because so many players are all trying to catch up so we are all scouring the same areas and picking up the same items.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
I would agree and would like to point out some commodities 101.

It’s not rare if there are over 100 for sale in the bazaar, It is if everyone wants it.
If you can’t get want you need in a commodity market and you have no way of getting it, then monopolize on a commodity you can get a hold of that everyone wants, I’m doing this now till I get diamonds. Misery loves company.

That’s a few points to the commodity market.

Let me explain my take on the market for these commodities that has been created.
You have level 50’s that have no quests but this.
You have others wanting to cash-in on the profits.
You have created high demand and low supply.
What’s up with that eh ?

I like the crafting and once through Mooshu I have made some things I truly wanted.
I get that this is to be a ongoing quest through the worlds much like Zeke’s quests but you do realize you will always have some that want to cash-in on the opportunity to make gold and you once again underestimate how much Grandmasters need to have something to move them forward.
I have patience but this is way too over whelming to be good and I do other things to bide my time, still, I keep coming back to this and it is just pointless.

I do believe this will correct itself when those that are wanting to complete all the crafting quests have done so and those that quest for gold once again are motivated to more game like activity, hmmm… sounds like the same point to me.

Blue Kimono, very cool !

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
But if you take a look at the Card Craftning part its not close to being worth it. Take a look at what it takes to make a card and what that card sells for on the Bazaar. Something drastic needs to change here.

Survivor
May 06, 2009

I've moved beyond frustrated to just plain angry after spending a solid six hours farming for black pearls and netting three. Every day seems to get worse.

It's not that I'm not finding the black lotus, I have found plenty. But it seems they almost never ever have a pearl any more. This is just nuts. I need just 21 more black pearls to finish my final quest and at this rate it is just never going to happen. After the amount of of time I've already invested in these crafting quests, to get this far only to do the same thing over and over, hour after hour with nothing to show for it is just too much. At the rate of one pearl every two hours, that's another 42 hours doing nothing but farming to finish this one final quest.

I love this game and was happy with a lot of the new updates but I swear, this final crafting quest has sucked all the fun right out of the game for me. It's really frustrating to see so many people posting the same complaints about this aspect of the game and have them be virtually ignored.

The scrap complaints came early because nobody had advanced far enough in the crafting quests to come across the problem with diamonds and black pearls. KI seems to have addressed the scrap problem but the complaints about diamonds and black pearls have so far been met with the sound of chirping crickets.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Crafting quests are horribly hard after Wizard City. Finding mist wood really isn't that hard (I just realm hopped in the park in unicorn way), but parchment, stones, scrap iron, are way too hard to find. Sure, the spawn times have increased a little (I can tell from the amount of cattails I've been finding in the mornings in digmore station and the fountain in regent's square), but the places they're spawning are so hard to find. Those who know where they are are farming the regents, making it hard for the rest of us.

And the bazaar makes all these required regents overpriced to buy and underpriced to sell. I can make more money farming bosses in the same time I look for regents to make items to sell. Something has to be done.

Also, card crafting is a joke. The fact that it's in a tier system is frustrating because I might just want a helephant since I'm not high enough level for one yet, but I'd have to craft or find a fire cat, a fire elf, a sunbird, a meteor strike, and a phoenix. Maybe multiples of them, I haven't actually looked. Not to mention the regents I'd need to have to craft each of the lower level cards. It would cost me a fortune to make the card.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
I agree that crafting could be extremely interesting and fun. But at this point for us that are level 50 it is a waste of time. I have been trying to find scrap iron for weeks now and have only been able to find 6 of them! What a waste of my time! I love this game, don't get me wrong! Just need to find a way to satisfy the crafting quests better. :-D

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Blazian wrote:
Crafting quests are horribly hard after Wizard City. Finding mist wood really isn't that hard (I just realm hopped in the park in unicorn way), but parchment, stones, scrap iron, are way too hard to find. Sure, the spawn times have increased a little (I can tell from the amount of cattails I've been finding in the mornings in digmore station and the fountain in regent's square), but the places they're spawning are so hard to find. Those who know where they are are farming the regents, making it hard for the rest of us.

And the bazaar makes all these required regents overpriced to buy and underpriced to sell. I can make more money farming bosses in the same time I look for regents to make items to sell. Something has to be done.

Also, card crafting is a joke. The fact that it's in a tier system is frustrating because I might just want a helephant since I'm not high enough level for one yet, but I'd have to craft or find a fire cat, a fire elf, a sunbird, a meteor strike, and a phoenix. Maybe multiples of them, I haven't actually looked. Not to mention the regents I'd need to have to craft each of the lower level cards. It would cost me a fortune to make the card.

And you can buy that card from the Bazaar for less then 1000 gp. So why bother. Thye have to do something special like make them 100% Accuracy or something to make them worth while to make. Or make it were you get maybe 10 Cards at a time or anything. But no one will craft cards at this point.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I'm glad to see that there are people whom actually think that crafting in Wizard 101 is actually fun. There are so many marvelous items to choose from, that can be "crafted" if you put together the appropriate reagents.
Personally, I won't be endeavoring in any crafting activities because they are such a waste of time, and all the old marvelous outfits that my characters have will continue to be better than anything that can possibly be crafted.
It's a shame... I was hoping that crafting was replacing all the decent armor was removed from the stores. Instead, crafting is a laborous, tedious and dreary means of procurring armor that is mediochre at best.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Crafting is fun.

I enjoy looking for the reagents, just not in the quantities that are required for the rare ones.

Currently, I'm working on the first part of the DS crafting quest (which is tough when you still don't have access to DS and have to rely on porting to others), and the 75 Diamond requirement is an absolute killer!

I've also been looking ahead to the othe two parts of the DS quest, and have been trying to collect the 70 Black Pearls needed. I logged on the other night right after the reset and over the course of a couple hours found 106 Black Lotus, which netted me a total of 5 Black Pearls. Now I'm no math expert, but that works out to a 4.7% success rate. Not a bad result, as I suspected from the beginning that the drop rate for rare reagents was around 5%.

Having said that, 5% is way too low. In my opinion, the drop rate for rare reagents should be (at least) 15%, especially if we're being asked to collect so many to complete a quest.

Same goes for Nightshade and Blood Moss.

Oh, and another thing about Blood Moss. There are far too few places to find Red Mandrake, KI, please fix this.

Sophia Moondust
Level 40 Pyromancer, Adept Crafter

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
I am now farming black pearls. This is very badly designed. We need way too many and don't get rare items fast enough. I play the game to have fun not to become frustrated. Please do something. Reward the hunt with more returned items or reduce the number of reagents needed or reduce the number of craft items in the quest.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I agree with everyone so far. I was very excited about the crafting addition to 101. I too am a gm withing little to do besides crafting and helping others. I am on the second quest in DS and heres my complaint: First off black lotus is only in Mooshu and is very hard to find as it is, second black pearls only come from black lotus so it is near impossible to even get a black pearl. At least with the diamonds the ore was located throughout all of the worlds. Now on top of it, the third and final quest for crafting in DS also needs large amount of pearls. I am on at every time of the day and night just to try to and get these and in the past 3 days of just trying to get pearls, I have found a total of 6, with 1 bought at the bazaar, and well over 300 black lotus, of continous realm hopping. I know these worlds by heart now, and to be quite honest, I am sick of them. I know KI said this was to be done at a casual pace to be added to your regular quest, but when there is nothing else to do, what are we to do. And I am tired of being told to create a new wizard, I shouldnt have to. I want to finish these crafting quests so I can fianlly craft housing items in DS. I am sorry for ranting but something has got to be done. Its just not the diamonds, scrap iron, black pearls, its all the rare items. Something has got to be done about, before KI starts losing people. Please KI, look into this. A very disappointed and extremely frustrated wizard here.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
The comments are quite clear, the current crafting is not making users happy.

It is time for some response by KI.

Is something going to be done?
or
Is this a case of thats the way it is going to be so live with it?

Survivor
May 06, 2009
Lorenzo1950 wrote:
The comments are quite clear, the current crafting is not making users happy.

It is time for some response by KI.

Is something going to be done?
or
Is this a case of thats the way it is going to be so live with it?

It's a shame that there are so many complaints both here and on fan sites and KI has yet to address the issue. I finally finished the final DS quest this morning and any new wizards I create will not be doing crafting if things stay the way they are now. It is simply not worth the time and aggravation.

My son and I were big fans of W101 and I thought this was something fun that we could do together so I bought a year subscription. My son not only worked to earn money to buy crowns but wanted to put his allowance toward his own monthly account. But no more.

The problems with crafting have worn some shine off my enthusiasm for the game but it pushed my son completely away. After watching me grind for hours every day with little to show for it and nothing worth using crowns on, he lost interest in the game and has moved on to another MMO. We signed him up for a monthly account for that game yesterday. By the time our subscription ends, KI will have lost about $250 from our family alone.

This is supposed to be a game geared towards children but with crafting the way it is now, no child is going to spend 100 gaming hours or more running in circles for little reward. I'm betting the vast majority of even the older members quit crafting around MB. The words boring, tedious and frustrating come to mind when I think back on my crafting quest experience.

I realize that crafting is supposed to be a passive side quest which allows wizards to gather reagents as they proceed with their other quests. The problem is that even if you make it to GM, there is no way you will have gathered a fraction of what you need to complete the DS crafting quests.

One of the major problems with crafting, the rare reagents, could be almost completely solved if people were allowed to trade a number of the more common elements for a rare one in the bazaar. For example, people should be allowed to trade 40 ore for a diamond or 40 black lotus for a black pearl. That way at least, if you've spent two hours farming and came up empty handed, you would have SOMETHING to show for the time/work invested. :?