Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone explain to me something?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
Ok, I'm truly enjoying Wizard101 and have gotten my family and a few of our friends into playing the game. I appreciate all that KI does for the gamers including the recent improvements of the updates. Now, my question to the people of KI is this...if some bosses make valuable drops after being defeated why do they give items that can't be worn by the winner nor given to other characters of the same owner? I have gotten many wonderful items from bosses but most of the items are not for my wizard and I can't give it to my other wizards that may have put it to use. Then, I go to the bizarre to sell them and they're worth over 2,000 gold but can't be traded or auctioned off. If I take them to the stores, they're only worth about 400 gold. That is a bit unfair to me since I can't make good use of it nor will any other wizard get a chance thru purchasing from the bizarre. Why would KI make something like that possible to their fans? Thanks in advance for any light on the subject.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I honestly dont know what too tell you. I have wondered this myself countless times. When we get them, there's nothing to do with them. So we get robbed of their value in the other shops. Put them to use KI. Let us at least be able to trade non-tradeable items with wizards who can use them. Many tines i would have liked to trade the awesome myth robe i got from malistaire with my friend or maybe the storm, death and balance robe too. How sad. quite dissapointing actually. No way to use awesome items from other schools

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
ok, first of all you cant trade those items to your other wizards because those items are rare, and wizards haveto find them themselves ok...

you cant sell them either at the bazaar because it says "NO AUCTION", it would be thsame as tradng in your own bank but this time with other wizards. and the reason it would cost a lot in the bazaar its because there would be noe of the same item in the store...as explained before "the more items of the same kind, the less it costs, and the less the items of the same kind, the more it will cost so therefore ithey would give you lots of money....and selling those items at the store thats the original price of money they would give you for that item..

and last, you may not be able to wear it because it would be for a different school type, or because your not in a high level...ok for example what if a level 10 wizard ported to a level 45 wizard in mu shu and they fought a boss and the level 10 wizar would get an item for a level 40 wizard, why would he be able to wear it when it wouldnt be fair to many other wiards?
make sense?

Survivor
May 07, 2009
masterIII wrote:
ok, first of all you cant trade those items to your other wizards because those items are rare, and wizards haveto find them themselves ok...

Just your opinion, doesn't really make a point

masterIII wrote:
you cant sell them either at the bazaar because it says "NO AUCTION", it would be thsame as tradng in your own bank but this time with other wizards. and the reason it would cost a lot in the bazaar its because there would be noe of the same item in the store...as explained before "the more items of the same kind, the less it costs, and the less the items of the same kind, the more it will cost so therefore ithey would give you lots of money....and selling those items at the store thats the original price of money they would give you for that item..

That's a point. It is the reason it is worth so much in the bazaar. But if you were able to sell them to the bazaar, you would be able to sell them for more than a regular shop anyway.

masterIII wrote:
and last, you may not be able to wear it because it would be for a different school type, or because your not in a high level...ok for example what if a level 10 wizard ported to a level 45 wizard in mu shu and they fought a boss and the level 10 wizar would get an item for a level 40 wizard, why would he be able to wear it when it wouldnt be fair to many other wiards?
make sense?

That's not what he means at all. He doesn't want them available for every level. He didn't say anything about taking restrictions off the robes. He just wants to be able to sell them or trade them to other wizards. If a level 10 buys a level 40 item, he can't use it until he's level 40. This wizard just wants to be able to make a profit with the items he gets instead of just selling them to a vendor. If he gets a robe of a different school type and has a friend who is that school type, and needs that robe, instead of being able to trade it to him he would have to just vendor it. It just seems like a waste.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Thank you masterIII that's a fine explanation of why you can't take those actions in the game; however, it does not answer the question posed. The question is "why" do the bosses give you those items in the first place when they can't be used by "that" character.

I've wondered this very thing myself. Recently my partner and I beat a very high level golem off to the side of Dr. Von Katzerstien. He dropped this incredible robe but sadly it was for Balance school and I am Life. My partner received shoes for the Balance school but he is Fire. It would be nice if the bosses dropped something more practical.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
i got an inferno cat, at the bazaar its worth 2500, but i can't sell it... what's the point of putting such a high price if i can't even sell it

Survivor
May 31, 2009
First of all, I'd like to thank master III for the explanation of the bizarre. That is a reason I can live with in my mind. Next, thank you Jallen and Dokken for understanding what I was trying to state in my original post. However, it's not even a question of trading with a friend online. I know I can't trade anything but Treasure Cards with someone else online...I saved some stuff to trade with my wife for her wizard but couldn't give it to her. :( I was just referring to my own other wizards. I have 6 on my account and have been playing my balance wizard the most lately. I recently received a cool looking and nice stats robe for storm. Would be able to be used my storm wizard right now but it's a no trade. I just wish we were able to give items like that to our other wizards, mainly. It's a great idea if we could help out our online friends with good stuff as well, but it's a bit sad we can't even help ourselves in the game.

Defender
May 28, 2009
I have been upset about this functionality before also. I eventually realized that it is a necessary evil. Yes, it is sometimes difficult to get the items that you want, but there is a reason why you "Want" it and that is because it is the best (for your level). If they just handed out the very best robes to the appropriate wizard the first time then who would ever go back to the bosses to fight them over again. After I became grandmaster, I found that I still had a week of game play ahead of me in order to get all of the level 50 gear that I did not get the first time around. If I had already gotten those items then the only NEW thing left for me to do is PvP (for the most part). I had to fight some of those bosses 50 times to get them to give me my items. At this point I feel like I earned them. It takes time and patience to become a grand with all your gear. If KI starts passing them out like candy I will be very upset.

As far as the unneeded gear, just sell it to however will buy it for whatever price they will pay. Are you kidding me right now that you actually look at the price you are getting for an item? Early on in the game I was very disappointed with the low amount of money I was getting at the stores. Then I found out that I had the maximum amount of money and went on a spending spree. I bought every "Zeke" item from the stores, bought as many house (all mansions) as I could, and bought treasure cards enough to last quite a while. I can't seem to spend it fast enough.

This concept is called "Farming". Sometimes you get a good harvest and sometimes you get a bad harvest but you will always get a harvest that you can take to the commons and sell.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Jallen02 wrote:
masterIII wrote:

Just your opinion, doesn't really make a point

Not just his opinion and it is the point. (albeit, not stated very well)

If we could trade/auction the rare boss drops, they wouldn't be rare anymore for they would freely be available for purchase, devaluing them.

Why do we get things we can't use? Loot tables: what the boss carries isn't contingent upon who's attacking; the boss doesn't say "Oh, look, a Death wizard is attacking me, I better get all my death items ready for dropping!" :-) It adds to the rarity (must drop + must be correct school). End result: you learn a little of what's out there and you get a little gold.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
hi i am ski23 and i GARAUNTEE this will answer your question.

YOU CAN TRADE ITEMS WITH OTHER WIZARDS ON YOUR ACCOUNT!

all you have to do is put the item you want to trade in your shared bank then go on your other person and it will be in the shared bank to take out and use

your welcome for the answer you were looking for and if you see any of my posts please reply

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
ski23 wrote:
hi i am ski23 and i GARAUNTEE this will answer your question.

YOU CAN TRADE ITEMS WITH OTHER WIZARDS ON YOUR ACCOUNT!

all you have to do is put the item you want to trade in your shared bank then go on your other person and it will be in the shared bank to take out and use

your welcome for the answer you were looking for and if you see any of my posts please reply

Dude, not all items allow for trade. Perhaps you've never come across an item that says "No trade" on it. If you do, try putting it in your shared bank, then you will see what that means.
I think KI must have updated things a bit, as I seem to come across "no trade" items less frequently than before.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
Let me shed some light on the subject of the bazaar, and shared bank.

Lets start with the bazaar. The bazaar is a store where you can sell you items, and other wizards can buy them. This was a great idea by wizard101, but of course it is too good to be true. All items that were too rare and hard to get, or crown items, would be non-auctionable. This is so you can't just go out and buy valeska redwind's sword and malistaire's cloak, not to mention seraph wings. This was like a saftey to cotinue to give a challenge for the best items in the game.

Ok, now for the shared bank. This is you account bank, and you can move your items through it. Why no trade? Well, this is compicated. Wiz did give trade access to many of the top items, but some still are no trade. This is because these items are so rare that you should sell them at the bazaar. That's right, the bazaar. Items that are no trade are usually auctionable. So if you can't use it, or trade it, sell it at the bazaar, though i still can't really see why you can't trade some items.

Delver
May 31, 2009
All I can say is that there are fewer no trade items now then there were. As to why bosses drop items you cannot use or trade, it is just one of those things are are getting worked out. As you play more you will find things change as the programmers catch up on all the little things that upset players, although I personally wish they would change Jade Oni and Malistaire back to the way they were.

I hate selling some things and the price you get in the shops for no aution items is sad, my son just refers to all the stuff we have to sell as "free money" he is 10 and has more fun fighting then trying to get the best stuff, just give him a boss in need of being whipped and he will run right in to hand out the whipping .

Anyway do not know why, its better then it was, and it a game to have fun with. Not the detailed answer you were hoping for but the administrators tend to be reluctant to answer these questions.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
since its a rare item you're only going a fraction of thier amount

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
Krowe wrote:
First of all, I'd like to thank master III for the explanation of the bizarre. That is a reason I can live with in my mind. Next, thank you Jallen and Dokken for understanding what I was trying to state in my original post. However, it's not even a question of trading with a friend online. I know I can't trade anything but Treasure Cards with someone else online...I saved some stuff to trade with my wife for her wizard but couldn't give it to her. :( I was just referring to my own other wizards. I have 6 on my account and have been playing my balance wizard the most lately. I recently received a cool looking and nice stats robe for storm. Would be able to be used my storm wizard right now but it's a no trade. I just wish we were able to give items like that to our other wizards, mainly. It's a great idea if we could help out our online friends with good stuff as well, but it's a bit sad we can't even help ourselves in the game.
i can solve the giving probleme simply go to a house then your bankn and then shared bank then put the object in your shared bank then get on your other char then to your shared bank on him or her and the item will be in it