Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shared Auction House?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I've been trying to buy diamonds at the Bazaar, since I need 75 of them for the Dragonspyre crafting quest and have only managed to find 7 in ore deposits over the past 10 days. There weren't any for sale on my server, so I started server hopping, but it appeared that the Bazaar on each server had the exact same inventory. Is the auction house shared among all the servers? And if so, why??? Aside from the technical problems associated with having that much load on one database, it means that I'm competing with every player in North America for diamonds (and whatever else I might need). I'll wager there are people literally camping the auction house, buying those things the second that they appear, because every time I try to buy one, I get an error message that the transaction cannot be processed.

Regarding the diamond shortage: why not have the bosses in Marleybone drop them? They all seem like the jewel-thief type.

Administrator
Yes young Wizard, as we noted in our update notes about the Bazaar, this is one centralized Bazaar for all the Realms.

Link To Update Notes
Elik wrote:
if someone sells an item on Wu Realm, and you're on Pixie, you'll see it in my inventory - I've got all the Realms covered!

So there's no need to Realm hop, you can stay in one Realm and see the inventory for sale in the entire game.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Where is the Auction House? I have no idea how to use this and would love to know, as I have friends who I would love to give some of my usless items to!

Tara IceCrafter

Administrator
Wizard101 has a Bazaar!

Olde Town is the place to be - there you will find the new Bazaar. This new Bazaar gives players access to items found by other players, in all the worlds of the Spiral.

Players can sell their extra items to a new shopkeeper named Elik Silverfist. That's me above! I'll pay you the value in gold for your items based on supply and demand. If I already have lots of the item you are selling me then I will pay you less gold for yours. If I'm low or out of stock on the item you are selling, I will pay you more gold!

You can also buy items from me that other players have sold to me. The more of an item I have, the cheaper it will be, and the fewer of an item I have, the more expensive it will be. If you see an item you like, buy it, it may not be there next time you visit.

All prices are based on my current stock of items, so shop often for that special bargain, young Wizards! And don't worry, if someone sells an item on Wu Realm, and you're on Pixie, you'll see it in my inventory - I've got all the Realms covered!

You'll find me in the Bazaar building in Olde Town - look for the big signs!

community@wizard101.com