Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to minions Please

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
PeteWhite wrote:

I am really fed up and frustrated with this game now.

It was fine before the Grizzleheim "improvements". Why can't they just add a new world and not ruin the rest of the game in the process? If they want to make it more difficult and tricky, then make that part of the new realms and please don't screw up the realms that already exist.

I am really, really fed up.

And I am really, really debating the cost issue. The economy is tight enough, do I want to keep spending money on a game that no longer is fun for me? A game that seems to have forgotten it's core values and original target audience? I don't know what I'll decide. But I do know that another element of the game play that I did enjoy has been ruined by game designers who can't leave well enough alone.

HERE! HERE! I agree, AND you forgot to mention 'Crafting' one of
the main IMO; culprits that has broken and changed a lot of the stats
in the way the game plays now, This system is all wrong and should be taken out of the game and reworked on the test server to be a Crafting of
'ENHANCING' what one already owns! nerf the treasure card crafting
or change it so it does not require another treasure card to make a treasure card!!! Drasticly lower he cool down times and make regiments
more plentiful like scrap iron and diamonds etc. make repawn times shorter.
Have a fail rate on enhancing if you fail at like adding +3 on your +8 athame
your athame is now a +5 athame, and so on. you can also enhance your robe
into one of the robes already in the current crafting system so as not to
totaly throw out existing objects just change on how you get them.

Why am I talking about all this crafting for?
You have to look at the 'whole picture' of why things have gotten so out of wack lately, change on little thing with good intentions of fixing a existing bug or in this case adding new features and objects etc to the game, can
either fix it and no problem or it could open up 1 of 100's of other bugs or glitches etc. depending on how the game is coded. and well, sighs, the
later happened.

Oh and culprit 2 was when they put in the boss enhancments. The shockwaves caused by that are still being felt.

Grizzle; not enough info on some of the quests to know what to do, where to go, where to find, who to kill. etc. Many graphical glitches and a very shallow lame predictable storyline IMO. I did not know that you are supposed to do grizzle a little at a time. My 20th lvl ice wizard got ambrose
message to goto grizzle but when she got there nothing. so I can not even go there anyway.

ooops SORRY got carried away and off topic again, my bad.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
i agree with you completely

:
flash33 wrote:
Here is the list:

Fire Elemental: Fire Blade, Fire Shield, Fire Trap, Fire Cat, Fire Elf
Should be able to also cast: Sun Bird, Heck Hound and more shields, possible Fire Cobra and Fire Bats
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that fire elemental could use more attacks, like at least give him(and all other minions) a natural attack like the living puppet minion, he has a natural attack, so why not the other minions as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Water Elemental: Taunt, Shields
Should be able to also cast: Thunder Snake, Lightning Bats, Storm Shark, Storm Blade, Storm Trap, possible Storm Snowman and Storm Elf
I'm not so sure about this one, but I do know that when he uses taunt, it will somtimes draw the enemies fire to him for protection. I also agree that if a minion is gonna cast shields, that they need to do it on the players as well and not just themselves or other minions that are in play on their team. A spirit shield would also be good for the water elemental to have.
Ice Elemental: Storm Shark (havent seen much of anything else)
Should be able to also cast: Ice Blade, Ice Trap, Shields, Taunt or Distract, Ice Wyvern, Evil Snowman, Snow Serpent,Possible Ice Cobra, Ice Elf
I haven't really seen very many Ice elementals or whatever thier called, so I wouldn't really know about him and/or how I would think that he needs.
Mander Minion: Bascially he does what he is suppose to do just should be able to cast Helping Hands also and Sand Storm.
Yeah, the helpful Mander could use those spells, though I think that he already casts sandstorm, or maybe that's judgement, but anyways, you get the idea.
Spectral Minions: The same as the Elementals above (As I have seen from other Balance Wizards)
Same as Ice minion.
Life Minion: Basically does what she is suppose to do except she does heal herself more often than she should. Should be able to cast Satyr and Seraph and Lerperchaun also.
Life minion needs to cast heal spells on the players more, especially when they really need it. And an Imp won't get very far, so she needs at least 2 or 3 or even 4 attacks to use besides that to defend herself as well as heal.
Death Minion: Basically Does what they are suppose to do but does not give you any blades or shields.
Same as Ice minion.
Myth Minions: Cyclops, Does what he is suppose to do but should have more health. Minotaur, I understand casts Taunt and that is about it. In legend a Minotaur should be considered a tank and take lots of Damage and does lots of damage also. He needs to be able to cast Myth Spells also and have more health to be able to be a tank.
I've only seen living puppet, some troll and some cyclops minions, but I haven't seen any minotaur minions, but I do know that it seems that almost all of them have a natural attack, well at least the living puppet and the trolls do.
Overall: the minions could use a few more attacks, a little more health, and at least give them all a natural attack to use.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Defender
Jul 01, 2008
On my grandmaster life Amber Pixiefountain my life fairy has done Satyr to me before...although that prolly was only once or twice o.O Usually she heals herself a little too much though -_-

Would be nice to see her cast spirit armor :P

Thanks (:

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
LOL I want the minions I just fought against in archives in dragonspire the attack and defense balance mobs with about 950 hits... who cast non stop traps/swords and defense's LOL :) who cares if I can roll anything in game that POWER would be so nice..

Heck the NPC bosses and mobs can go 3v1 why cant we ~~~!!

(in my dreams)