Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

80 scrap iron to advance!!!! :evil:

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2009

on the third setp in the crafting series you have to craft FIVE daggers and FIVE rings each take 8 scrap iron...

so 5 x 8 = 40 scrap iron for the daggers
and 5 x 8= 40 for the rings
after hours of play and serching I have found 9 scrap iron
can the DEV team please look into this and lower the requirments for both the dagger and the ring AND increase the ammount of Scrap Iron!

im 31st level and I dont think I will ever get the 80 scrap iron I need!\

thanks

Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
I know i am on the same crafting quest you need:

Citrine-5
Ruby-5
Jade-10
Glass Vial-40!
Stone Block-50!!
Mist Wood-50!!
Scrap Iron-80!!!!!!!!!!
(this is for both the athem and ring)

Ya Bazaar helps with the reagents you have to harvest but still that is just way way to much! I think that if you need like over 50 of some thing cut it down to half so that the number will never go over 50. If it is 50 now it will be 25, if it is 60 now it will be 30, if it is 70 now it will be 35 and so on and so forth.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I started a new character after the start of crafting to check on things. So far, I am about half done with Marleybone. I take short diversions and can find the scrap iron, and will probably find just enough by the time I finish the first three streets.

I think the major problem now is that all those who have higher level characters are looking at crafting as something to do till level cap is raised, and they are taking a lot of it.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
I think this insane amount of crafting is meant to slow you down so you end up spending more money (for subs anyway).

I personally think crafting is a joke the way it is right now. WC is easy enough to get through, but when I saw how much I had to do for Krok (and the fact that I hate Krok with a passion. It's worse than marlybone in my opinion. Even with sidewalks), I just gave up.

Games are fun. This new crafting thing is not fun, it is just tedious, and the reward is so underpowered, that I could spend hours less to get a better item. Heck, I could play PvP for a shorter amount of time and get a better item than I could get from crafting.

Furniture crafting I haven't actually looked at too much, but even something as unique as furniture really isn't worth the horrible amount of trouble. I could make gold faster and just wait for the item I want to pop up on the bazaar.

Treasure card crafting is a sad, sad murder of the treasure card system. I really don't want treasure cards of my own school, I have enough cards of my own school. So therefore there is NO incentive for me to continue crafting and craft treasure cards. Of course, there apparently is for some people, because I can buy all the treasure cards I want on the bazaar.

I know this was supposed to be a gentle activity that you just cassually did while roaming throughout the worlds, but someone along the way grossly overestimated the amount of time players spend in a single world. Wizard City crafting quests are fine. However, for the rest of the worlds regents need to spawn in more places, need their spawn rate to be based on the number of players in the realm (seriously, I have 40 cat tails from the fountains in marlybone, but I can't find parchment anywhere. And I can find scrap iron, but not nearly fast enough. I'm almost done with marlybone, and I have about 10 scrap iron.), and the major harvested regent requirements need to be halved at least, some of them (scrap iron), need to be quartered. Only then can crafting actually be a pleasurable addition.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Wait until the first quest in DS. You'll need 75 diamonds and 100 black lotus.

You thought metal scraps were rare - diamonds are downright nearly non-existent. On my journeying through the various quests I had accumulated 3 - yes 3 whole diamonds. I have not seen them often in the bazaar nor have they appeared in large amounts. Also, black lotus are used for another quest. Since they are rather rare this makes it quite difficult to accumulate the necessary amounts to complete the quest.

Since the rarity does seem to be the method they are using to limit progress through the crafting quests my suggestion would be to make the reagents for higher level quests only available in higher level areas instead of making us backtrack to other areas. The spawn points for some could be in instanced dungeons that require effort to get through instead of the large amounts needed from few spawn points that get farmed often. The current set-up is making a HIGHLY annoying bottleneck in the availability of reagents. Was this really the effect that was intended? If instead increasing the difficulty of acquiring the necessary reagents is the goal then another setup (such as with my suggestions above) would seem more appropriate. Some reagents could also be non-tradeable if the intent is to make progress difficult.

Just for emphasis, the current system isn't so much difficult as aggravating and annoying. There is no difficulty in acquiring the reagents - just an immense amount of patience and luck are needed in order to gather them or buy them.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Wait until you finish the Marleybone craft quest. I get that not all characters of the realm are upstanding but after all the hassle and bother of finding the scrap metal to leave the quest as they did...

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
frankwiccan wrote:

on the third setp in the crafting series you have to craft FIVE daggers and FIVE rings each take 8 scrap iron...

so 5 x 8 = 40 scrap iron for the daggers
and 5 x 8= 40 for the rings
after hours of play and serching I have found 9 scrap iron
can the DEV team please look into this and lower the requirments for both the dagger and the ring AND increase the ammount of Scrap Iron!

im 31st level and I dont think I will ever get the 80 scrap iron I need!\

thanks

Hello Frankwiccan,

I have to agree the amount of iron is extremely demanding, but not unrealistic. I'm not sure if you’re looking in the right places and the process in which you look for iron might be a little slow. One suggestion that I'm pretty sure you have read about is porting to different realms once locating a place that routinely produces iron. I found all the necessary iron that I needed in about an hour, so go to Marleybone (Google search for the maps that display all the reagents and there location) and locate the area that produces multiple iron drops and farm there. Keep switching realms until you find what you need. I did this yesterday during the busy time of night and I was able to locate enough iron to move onto the next crafting level. Hope this helps,