Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Casting with Swords, Axes, Clubs, Hammers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
Swords: The animation for casting with swords is too boring. Maybe instead of using them just like a wand, we could swing them like Ivan Soulsinger when casting.

Axes: Casting with axes should be different than with swords.
Attacking with axes should be similar to the Minotaur.

Clubs and Hammers: Casting with clubs and hammers should be the same as with axes.
Attacking should be like the current troll natural attack (The more powerful one).

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I agree. I have always loved, loved, LOVED the spell casting animations for staffs, but have been disappointed with the sword animations, which are really just warmed-over versions of the old, dull-as-dirt, wand animations.

Ivan Soulsinger's "hack and slash" spell casting style is right on the mark! And there are a few other folks in Dragonspyre who know what they are doing with their swords, too; whaddaya say, KI -- give us a chance to show them we've got some moves of our own, too?

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I'm just upset there is still no "Hammer". Come on already, the Cyclops use them. And the new world is based on Norse mythology... well, where is Thor with his mighty hammer? I was so hoping for a Hammer to use. I did get a really nice Axe last night, but it only does 95 damage.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I agree, it looks way too weird to move them as though they were wands. The hammers and axes especially are weird in being twirled around so easily; hammers and axes are supposed to heavy

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I agree, though Wizard101 promises varying animations throughout the game so as to keep it interesting, this variety seems to flatten out as the game progresses. The only SPELLS that have multiple animations are less than rank 4.

As for wands: I find it interesting that we've gone from Wizards and Wands to armor and swords. Are we slowly becoming Knights or what? Swords were cool when I discovered them on my 1st character. But now that I have 3 Grandmasters and 2 Masters, I'm really looking for some changes in general gameplay. I have not usually been one to sacrifice power for appearance, which is why I hate that staffs and wands have become obsolete in comparison to the MooShu, Dragonspyre, and Grizzleheim swords. I'd like to see clothing, wands, and such to be more diverse in the range of appearance while still maintaining similar stats, so one isn't forced to chose between power and appearance.

While wands and swords aren't very different in their manner of casting, I love the animation when casting with a staff. So I second Monsterax's proposition and offer one of my own: offer a larger selection of wands that are roughly equal in power so as to create more diversity among the players.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
crusher2488 wrote:
I'm just upset there is still no "Hammer". Come on already, the Cyclops use them. And the new world is based on Norse mythology... well, where is Thor with his mighty hammer? I was so hoping for a Hammer to use. I did get a really nice Axe last night, but it only does 95 damage.

There is actually 1 hammer in the game. It's a myth weapon, 90 damage, +1 PowerPIP. You can get it from beating Othin Stormfather, or buying it at the Bazaar for 9,000-12,000 gold.