Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you fight in the middle of the duel circle?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I've noticed that some wizards have the ability to teleport to the middle of the duel circle when they do their wand attack. How do you learn this? Someone told me it was a quest, but I think I've done all the quests...

Administrator
When you are holding a wand, you move your wand in a certain way to cast your spells.
When you are holding a staff, you move your staff quite differently than a wand to cast your spells.
When you are holding a casting sword (not an athame) you move to the center of the duel circle and attack with your spell from there.

Watch how your own Wizard and other Wizards move when they are casting their spells with different types of casting implements, you'll see a few different moves.

Hope this answers your question!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I don't know how to get the sword, where can you get it?

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
revkev wrote:

these are sword drops from bosses in dragonspyre and mooshu... swords are good because they give a power pip to start with and they give more cards then staffs

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
It requieres a quest of defeating malisere...i think.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
I think you can get your first sword in mooshu as a drop. Not too sure though.

Hero
May 19, 2009
the first swords you come across are in mooshu, they require you to be level 40+ to wield them, you can get one from any of the Oni's. the swords in dragonspyre require you to be level 45+ to wield and you can get them from many different boss's there

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
They can also be purchased at the bazaar. Check the level requirements first though. Thanks, Kieran

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
SUPERCAMPER wrote:
revkev wrote:

these are sword drops from bosses in dragonspyre and mooshu... swords are good because they give a power pip to start with and they give more cards then staffs

i've defeated the jade oni twice and the war oni and a bunch of other bosses in mooshu bu i've never got a sword. cant you buy any or something?

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
you'll get swords from codes drops and stores. when you turn lvl 40 first sword i use was jade oni storm sword pretty eas to get

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
you can buy one in the wizard city bazarr once you turn level 45.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
taylordinh wrote:
It requieres a quest of defeating malisere...i think.

Wrong. Nothing to do with Malistaire. You can get a sword from purchase with codes (real money not game money). Or you can get one at lvl 40 and up starting at Mooshu. Then Dragonspyre (45+) swords get better. For now there are no lvl 50 swords.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
Swords. You can get them from the Bazaar or drops.

I got my sword from the bazaar.

Madeline Dragonrider

Pyromancer

Explorer
May 09, 2009
the sword I think is the easiest to get is from oyotomi in the village of sorrow. If you want a sword try farming there. Or you could just buy one in the crowns shop.